After the 3-0 nonconfernece start, the Gophers are...?

• The Gophers are better than I expected.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • The Gophers are about what I expected.

Votes: 59 74.7%
  • The Gophers are not as good as I expected.

Votes: 18 22.8%

• Total voters

El Amin Fan

Reaction score

This year I have no clue. Even less a clue than usual, and that's not much.

"The Gophers are who we thought they were!"

so... if the Gophers continue to play at a level that I expected (and I voted here that they have thus far performed to my expectations), I guess I will continue to go with my 8-4 overall record prediction.

That being said, just once I would love to have some of the magic football dust that has been sprinkled onto our rivals at different times finally float onto our team. If so, there is currently still a chance to take advantage of the easier schedule and produce memorable results this season. Penn State is a must win for that narrative.

Posters are either lying when they post or lying in this poll. The Chicken Littles are out in full force since we didn't win all of our nonconference games by 30.

so... if the Gophers continue to play at a level that I expected (and I voted here that they have thus far performed to my expectations), I guess I will continue to go with my 8-4 overall record prediction.

That being said, just once I would love to have some of the magic football dust that has been sprinkled onto our rivals at different times finally float onto our team. If so, there is currently still a chance to take advantage of the easier schedule and produce memorable results this season. Penn State is a must win for that narrative.
Agree..I'm still thinking 7-8 wins. While I think the offense is a tad better. The defense is very suspect.

Smoke and mitchers will deliver a season similar to last year...if we are lucky.

The Gophers are

A team that can score a lot of points. Not sure if they can stop the other side from scoring a lot of points. The level of competition faced the first two games wasn't very good. CSU was a good test and the Gophers played a good to decent game.
It's hard to tell where they are at. The next two weeks are going to tell a lot on how the rest of the season is going to go.
I expected them to be 3-0 and they are. Leidner is playing well, and not making mistakes that helps a lot. Need to resolve the suspensions situation, if they are not guilty we need our D-backs back.

I like the offense especially since we lost two of our three best receivers and our top back for two games.

I'm pretty worried about the defense.

Irony department - when the Gophers were suffering through the end of the Brewster era, there were a lot of posters hoping the Gophers could find a coach who could at least take the program back to the level it was at under Glen Mason.

So, here we are - good running backs, a QB who's a good runner, and can be an inconsistent passer, and a lot of concerns about the defense not being up to B1G Standards.

Congratulations - the Mason era has returned. You got what you wished for....................................................(sarcasm).......................................

I've been saying 12-0 for months and see no reason to change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Irony department - when the Gophers were suffering through the end of the Brewster era, there were a lot of posters hoping the Gophers could find a coach who could at least take the program back to the level it was at under Glen Mason.

So, here we are - good running backs, a QB who's a good runner, and can be an inconsistent passer, and a lot of concerns about the defense not being up to B1G Standards.

Congratulations - the Mason era has returned. You got what you wished for....................................................(sarcasm).......................................

Well we're not pounding OOC teams....

Still I suspect most just wanted to get to a place you COULD build from rather than a pit of despair and futility.

All the question marks were around the offense going into the season. I did not expect the play-calling improvements and offensive efficiency to be this high after last season's non-conference performance.

Defense feels worse than last year, but our stats are actually better on stopping the run. Didn't expect to see any pass rush, so was surprised to see Devers step up.

So I'd say they are better than I expected at this stage of the season.

Smoke and mitchers will deliver a season similar to last year...if we are lucky.

I considered last season to be very unlucky. Injury bug was terrible. Lost our head coach. And some old fashioned heartbreaking losses (Michigan). So, if the Gophers produce a similar season this year we will be lucky? That must mean that you feel the team is far worse than the one that took the field on opening night 2015?

So you think the team will be lucky to win 2 Big Ten games? Because that is what it takes to equal last year.

...the gophers are relatively healthy entering conference play. The position group that worries me the most right now is Tight End. Wozniak I think is the only guy right now and his footwork and blocking isn't quite there yet.

That being said the offense might be the best we have seen since Mace in your face. That's not saying a lot, but if the defense improves like I think it will during the season I think the Gophs will be playing the Badgers for the West title turkey weekend.

Man I hope you're right! Not looking forward to the Vikings being the only talk of the town on Thanksgiving

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

All the question marks were around the offense going into the season. I did not expect the play-calling improvements and offensive efficiency to be this high after last season's non-conference performance.

Defense feels worse than last year, but our stats are actually better on stopping the run. Didn't expect to see any pass rush, so was surprised to see Devers step up.

So I'd say they are better than I expected at this stage of the season.

Team is better, but has given up some big plays leaving a bad taste in each game. All three games were not as close as final score. Keep giving up big plays and having mental breakdowns will lead to more losses than should occur this season. Clean it up and win 9-10 games.

Offense looks good, defense is harder to determine due to mistakes, penalties and such. They hopefully are playing to the opponents ability and will play better against better competition. Which is what I expect.

Posters are either lying when they post or lying in this poll. The Chicken Littles are out in full force since we didn't win all of our nonconference games by 30.

Totally disagree, about what I expected, could easily apply to people with a broad range of expectations for the season.

For those that expect the team to have a good season we finished 3-0 in games we were expected to win. We didn't dominate which might make you go with better then expected and although a couple of the games were a little tighter then we would have liked they were still wins and they weren't true nail bitters which might make you go with worse then expected.

on the flip side if you were someone that thought the team was going to have a rough year or one similar to last year there isn't a lot in those first three games that would make you think the team was much different then what you predicted going in. We beat 3 average to below average teams that even if you only expected 2-3 Big Ten wins you almost certainly still thought we would beat the likes of Oregon State, Colorado State, and Indiana State at home.

Looking at the 3 games as a whole the team has looked good in some areas and bad in others so I don't think anyone really has a good feel for what to expect as we enter Big Ten play.

Well the final score is pretty authoritative... couple bad plays and I'm not sure we win all those games.

I agree. I just feel that our bad plays made it as close as it was. More bad plays and the season would be lost already. I still think we're a 9 win team

I'd say they're at where I expected them. Figured they could get 3-0 and they did and they did so with the running game of Smith and Brooks in the last game. Overall, not too shabby.

Top Bottom