Jarvis on the roster

goldenboy

Reaction score
I see Jarvis Johnson is on the roster. Was he last year (honestly can't remember), or does this mean his status has changed? I just can't give up all hope that a 4-star recruit in an area if need might still find his way to the court.

I think it was shooter who tweeted a couple weeks ago that the staff was at least exploring the possibility of clearing him. Said it was a longshot, but of course now I'm interested to see if that could be in the cards still.

anyone know on that front? Is the door smashed shut on him or could he play at some point.

If he were to play, this would be a good year to do it because while we have more depth it would appear, I'm not sure I trust whoever the backup PG is. Mason might need to play 32ish minutes a night and then hope we can get 8 or so by committee with Dupree and Coffey/Sharp.

I think it was shooter who tweeted a couple weeks ago that the staff was at least exploring the possibility of clearing him. Said it was a longshot, but of course now I'm interested to see if that could be in the cards still.

anyone know on that front? Is the door smashed shut on him or could he play at some point.

If he were to play, this would be a good year to do it because while we have more depth it would appear, I'm not sure I trust whoever the backup PG is. Mason might need to play 32ish minutes a night and then hope we can get 8 or so by committee with Dupree and Coffey/Sharp.

The door is smashed shut and the fat lady has finished singing. The staff can talk about getting him cleared all they want. At the end of the day it is up to the school doctors, and they said no. It would take a miracle for them to change their minds since Jarvis' condition is not going to change. It sucks for Jarvis, but at the end of the day he is getting a great education for free and is still able to be involved with D1 basketball. He could have it a lot worse.

Top Bottom