Big Ten Coaches Pick Gophers Hockey Team as Preseason Favorite

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per KSTP:

Minnesota is the Big Ten favorite in a preseason poll of the conference's hockey coaches.

The Gophers also lead the league with four players on the Big Ten Watch List announced Monday.

Justin Kloos, Jake Bischoff, Leon Bristedt and Eric Schierhorn represent Minnesota on the 13-player list. Koos and Schierhorn were two of four unanimous selections by Big Ten coaches.

The Gophers are coming off their third consecutive Big Ten regular-season title. Minnesota enters this year's schedule as preseason favorite in the Big Ten, followed by Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, Wisconsin and Michigan State.

http://kstp.com/sports/gophers-hockey-preseason-favorite-to-win-big-ten/4274330/

Go Gophers!!

Should be a very good team. Lots of talent.

That might be a really good comparison... Talent, coaching situation (one gone, one on the hot seat), disappointing results lately...

Sure would like to see them a top 5 team again. Been a while. Winning conference titles doesn't cut it for me. I want more.

"More" as in the trip to the national title game we had three seasons ago?

That's a start, but that was a blip as to what we normally could do. One in a blue moon appearance doesn't cut it for me. I see that were up 10 right now in the national poll. Hopefully it will keep climbing but we'll find out when we play teams outside of the "weak" Big Ten."

Top Bottom