All Things 2016 Coaching Firing/Hiring Thread

Golf clap to LSU for choosing quickly and not being used as a pawn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or they were out-bid by Texas. Either way here's to the LSU decision. :drink:

(Though it also sounds a little bit like the decision to keep Gutey)

Not a bad choice by LSU. We know Orgeron can recruit, but his teams always under-performed at Ole Miss. Les Miles, well he recruited really well but his teams under-performed (well you could argue they did, I don't agree). So not sure this was an upgrade for LSU. Any SEC team that thinks they'll find the coach that beats Bama year in and year out is nuts. Maybe once Saban retires...

Strong is officially out at Texas. How long until Herman is named the new head coach? It'll probably happen before the Gophers game is over, or before it even starts.

I read it will take big money for Herman to go to Texas but big money they got. I feel bad for Charlie Strong. If Claeys gets the boot I would interview Strong. Strong, Bohl, Fleck, and anyone with Boise ties they see fit to talk to if it is to happen.

I read a quote yesterday from the chair of Houston's Board of Regents (a billionaire) that they will not lose Herman over money. I'd love to see Houston pony up $5 million a year and Texas left holding the bag. I imagine, though, that he'll be the Texas coach by this afternoon.

Why is Herman such a hot commodity? Losses to SMU, Navy and Memphis. Gophers win today and Claeys has had a much better year.

As for Fleck, his flaky infectious new age attitude will sell in football mad markets. In Minneapolis, one bad year and he is Reusse's Turkey of the Year.

That took about an hour...

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That took about an hour...

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

And Herman and Houston said yesterday that there had been no contract or even contact by Texas.

Must have been a very short contract to get it done "overnight". ;)

Why is Herman such a hot commodity? Losses to SMU, Navy and Memphis. Gophers win today and Claeys has had a much better year.

As for Fleck, his flaky infectious new age attitude will sell in football mad markets. In Minneapolis, one bad year and he is Reusse's Turkey of the Year.

6-0 against ranked teams helps. Including beating at the time #3 Oklahoma, #3 Louisville, and #9 Florida St last year.

How so?

Claeys loses 38-16 to Maryland and this board would have him fired.

you cant be this obtuse - read gopherweatherguy's post for why. if claeys knocked off 3 top 10 teams in a decade, not to mention the same year, he wouldnt be crucified for having a stinker once in awhile

you cant be this obtuse - read gopherweatherguy's post for why. if claeys knocked off 3 top 10 teams in a decade, not to mention the same year, he wouldnt be crucified for having a stinker once in awhile

If Herman beats two top ten teams and loses three stinkers, he will not last last long at Texas.

It looks like Claeys is here to stay.

Also, PJ Fleck rumoured to be purdue's next coach.

If Herman beats two top ten teams and loses three stinkers, he will not last last long at Texas.

stop. you said the occasional loss to a team of smu's caliber 'tempers' any gain from beating 3 top ten teams - you're wrong on this one

ESPN is reporting Lane Kiffin is likely top choice for Offensive Coordinator job at LSU.

ESPN is reporting Lane Kiffin is likely top choice for Offensive Coordinator job at LSU.

Why leave Bama for LSU when it's the same job. I suppose you might like Orgeron more than Saban. If I was Kiffin, I'd make sure no P5 team wanted me as head coach first.

Not a bad choice by LSU. We know Orgeron can recruit, but his teams always under-performed at Ole Miss. Les Miles, well he recruited really well but his teams under-performed (well you could argue they did, I don't agree). So not sure this was an upgrade for LSU. Any SEC team that thinks they'll find the coach that beats Bama year in and year out is nuts. Maybe once Saban retires...

You first have to know not only how to recruit, but Orgeron is Louisiana, born and bred. He is a cajun, and he can relate to the public, as well as the team. He is perfect. Just wait for the recruiting at LSU, which is always top 5, takes a jump. He will be on the road looking for a QB. And as it seems no one noticed LSU played Alabama and it was a slobknocker and LSU held Alabama scoreless till the 4th quarter losing 10-0. The defense could improve a little, but its been the offense. They have receivers, running backs, and offensive line. And as good as their roster is the QB has been a problem for nearly 6 years.

Orgeron first in house visit to be with 5* DT Marvin Williams.

Helfrich is gone at Oregon after losing to Oregon State yesterday.

Top Bottom