All Things 2016 Coaching Firing/Hiring Thread

DC Dave Aranda's new deal with #LSU will pay him between $1.8-$1.9 MILLION per (tops among coordinators in CFB), source tells @FoxSports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CBS: Reports: Purdue to hire Western Kentucky's Jeff Brohm as next coach

Purdue seems to have found its new coach.

According to multiple reports, Purdue will hire Western Kentucky coach Jeff Brohm. Brohm just finished his third season at Western Kentucky, going 10-3 and winning his second consecutive Conference USA title. In three seasons with the Hilltoppers, Brohm has a record of 30-10, and a conference record of 19-5.

Brohm replaces Darrell Hazell who was fired in October following a 3-3 start to the season.

http://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...e-western-kentuckys-jeff-brohm-as-next-coach/

Go Gophers!!

6 years $20M for Brohm to Purdue.

As WKU looks for a new coach, they are aided by $2.1 million in recent buyout money. $1.2 million from Petrino and $900,000 from Brohm

I wrote that what he has done at Wyoming was impressive. And it has been. You can extrapolate from that whatever you want, I guess.

It is impressive. I said when he took the job, that Laramie is a harder place to recruit than Fargo. Different levels, FBS vs. FCS, but it's got to be tough to get guys to Wyoming.

My other Alma Mater is Western Kentucky.
The problem with a smaller school is that they just can't keep a good coach. THeir last 3 coaches were poached after short stints at WKU:
Willie Taggert went to South Florida after 2 years at WKU
Bobby Petrino went to Louisville after 1 year at WKU (good riddance)
now it seems that Jeff Brohm is going to Purdue after 3 seasons at WKU.
:-(

6 years $20M for Brohm to Purdue.

As WKU looks for a new coach, they are aided by $2.1 million in recent buyout money. $1.2 million from Petrino and $900,000 from Brohm

$3.3M/year is a lot for a C-USA coach, puts him firmly in the middle of the conference for compensation. Wonder how much it's a harbinger for middle-tier coaching salaries to come, or if it's simply a sign of a very competitive market this year.

Regardless, he'll have a big job to turn it around in West Lafayette.

$3.3M/year is a lot for a C-USA coach, puts him firmly in the middle of the conference for compensation. Wonder how much it's a harbinger for middle-tier coaching salaries to come, or if it's simply a sign of a very competitive market this year.

Regardless, he'll have a big job to turn it around in West Lafayette.

Would seem to bode well for Claeys and his extension negotiation as well.

15 Coaching Positions Status

Baylor Bears
Who's out: Art Briles/Jim Gobe. Briles was fired in May and Grobe served as a one-year interim coach for 2016.

Who's in? After Baylor and SMU coach couldn't work out a deal, the Bears are reportedly honing in on Cal's Sonny Dykes, accoring to a recent ESPN report. Dykes has gone 19-30 in four seasons in Berkeley.

Cincinnati Bearcats
Who's out: Tommy Tuberville. Tuberville stepped down at UC after four seasons as head coach of the Bearcats, where he posted a 29-22 record with three bowl appearances.

Who's in? Reports have the Bearcats interested in Western Michigan's P.J. Fleck and former Texas coach Charlie Strong.

Nevada Wolfpack
Who's out: Brian Polian. Nevada fired Polian after four seasons and a 23-27 record that included 1-1 in bowl games.

Who's in? Potential replacements rumored for UNR include Eastern Washington coach Beau Baldwin, Washington DC Pete Kwiatkowski, Arizona State OC Chip Lindsey, UCLA quarterbacks coach Marques Tuiasosopo, and Oklahoma State RB coach Marcus Arroyo, among others.

http://www.oregonlive.com/collegefootball/index.ssf/2016/12/2016_college_football_coaching.html

Great hire for Baylor, bit of a head scratcher for Rhule though. I can't imagine the mess down there is going to settle down any time soon.

I agree it is a curious choice to deal with that mess.

But I think he has some connections down there.

I agree it is a curious choice to deal with that mess.

But I think he has some connections down there.

Never been a coach in Texas and we know what those connections meant to Seth Green's playing time. ;)

7 year deal for Rhule according to ESPN

Rhule is a really interesting hire at Baylor. He could really have some success once he gets his system in. The guy has coached nearly every position on the field through the years. Played LB, but has never been a DC. Has been an OC. This year Temple was #1 in nearly every defensive statistic in the conference and middle of the pack on offense. Would like to see someone come in and restore defense in the Big 12.

Top Bottom