Gophers open +4 vs Penn State

If Penn State is playing safeties at linebacker due to depth issues, I like our chances of running for 275 yards and controlling the clock. PSU fans get bored and go back to the parking lot to tailgate in the second half as the Gophers joyously carry/break the Governor's Victory Bell!

If Penn State is playing safeties at linebacker due to depth issues, I like our chances of running for 275 yards and controlling the clock. PSU fans get bored and go back to the parking lot to tailgate in the second half as the Gophers joyously carry/break the Governor's Victory Bell!

Problem is... I think people can run on us too.

This tells me it would be a Pick Em or Gophers Favorite at Home. I think this has turned into a must win game to stay relevant in the West.

Absolutely right. Vegas is looking for some Minnesota money. If we play decent defense, this should be a victory because our run game could rack up huge yards. Watched Penn State this year and they just do not have the horses up front.

Boy are the question marks big on this one.

On one side a team who just got destroyed that is being coached by a guy who hasn't done anything in the Big 10.

On the other side an undefeated team whose opponents have 1 FBS win between them, and that was a 9 pt home victory over UTSA.

It may as well be week 1.
This pretty much says it all. Many think this will be a very close game. I can't figure out why some people think Penn St is so bad...I must be missing something. They beat a very bad Kent St team. We beat a very bad Ind St team. They beat mediocre Temple, we beat mediocre (bad?) OSU. They did lose close to Pitt, who appears to be a very solid team, having lost close games vs. Okie St and UNC. They got embarrassed by Michigan, but MI might be a playoff team who embarrasses a lot of teams. I dunno...I sense an extremely tight, tossup game Saturday.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

+2 now. Interesting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I'll be surprised if we remember to bring it...

Yeah this has turned into by far one of the most meaningless trophy games in college football. Neither team cares much about the trophy itself and there is little to no buildup to it like there is for almost every other trophy game. At some point it just needs to be retired and fade into the background. We have 3 awesome trophy games with a long history, 1 new unofficial trophy with a solid foundation and 1 forced trophy game built around us being their first official conference opponent with a piece of junk trophy that neither team cares about.

The administrations should just agree to retire it and give each team a copy of it for their trophy cases.

This pretty much says it all. Many think this will be a very close game. I can't figure out why some people think Penn St is so bad...I must be missing something. They beat a very bad Kent St team. We beat a very bad Ind St team. They beat mediocre Temple, we beat mediocre (bad?) OSU. They did lose close to Pitt, who appears to be a very solid team, having lost close games vs. Okie St and UNC. They got embarrassed by Michigan, but MI might be a playoff team who embarrasses a lot of teams. I dunno...I sense an extremely tight, tossup game Saturday.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I think the issue is that they had a healthy team against Pitt, and now they have been decimated by injuries. I agree that I have no idea what to expect, but they seem like a wounded animal, and if we are a good team, this is a chance to make a statement. I don't know if we are a good team yet.

Yeah this has turned into by far one of the most meaningless trophy games in college football. Neither team cares much about the trophy itself and there is little to no buildup to it like there is for almost every other trophy game. At some point it just needs to be retired and fade into the background. We have 3 awesome trophy games with a long history, 1 new unofficial trophy with a solid foundation and 1 forced trophy game built around us being their first official conference opponent with a piece of junk trophy that neither team cares about.

The administrations should just agree to retire it and give each team a copy of it for their trophy cases.

I fully agree except I'd put an end to the broken chair farce ASAP as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I say we combine two trophies to create: The Broken Bits of the Governor's Victory Bell Chair Trophy.

It kind of looks like the players care in the video. What is the big deal, why not keep it, you are not the one playing for it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would argue that this is the one of the most important games of the season. It's a toss up and as the 1st B1G game, I think sets the stage for what is really to come

Top Bottom