Les Miles out at LSU

Wow. The difference a tenth of a second can make.

USC seems right. Maybe Penn State if he wants to get back to B1G territory, but he may not want near that dumpster fire

I wonder if Tom Herman will be contacted?

Who's interim? Dave Aranda? He's probably too good and needed on D .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow. I personally think he's been a great coach and saved them from a big fall after Saban left. He's not a sexy coach, but he's had enough players in the NFL for his ability to recruit to be noticed. I think this is a mistake, but I'm not dialed into LSU football, so could be there's more than wins and losses here...

Wow. I personally think he's been a great coach and saved them from a big fall after Saban left. He's not a sexy coach, but he's had enough players in the NFL for his ability to recruit to be noticed. I think this is a mistake, but I'm not dialed into LSU football, so could be there's more than wins and losses here...

I think it's the same issue with Glen Mason and Tubby Smith here, where they weren't awful coaches, they were better than their predecessors, but would make the same mistakes, and their teams would have the same deficiencies year after year, and they'd underachieve when they were supposed to be taking a step up. LSU started this season ranked #5 and are now 2-2 and unranked.

At the end of last season, when there was talk of firing Miles, it seemed most non-LSU fans thought that firing him would be an insane decision, just as most non-Gopher fans thought firing Tubby was moronic.

Louisville better be ready to pony up some real big bucks if they plan to hang on to Petrino. Miles is out mostly because of his inability to adapt to today's game of modern offensive football. Petrino, while a snake, is an offensive wizard and a fantastic football coach. LSU has probably already contacted him.

Personally I think Miles is a mediocre coach. He has as much talent on his team as anyone except Alabama.

I wonder if Tom Herman will be contacted?

The better question is will he still be the head coach of Houston next year? He'll be contacted by every big program with an opening.

If Houston gets admitted into a P5 league, expect Herman to stay. He likes it there and he has a clause in his contract that if the school gets admitted to a P5 league, he gets some mega clause activated in his contract making him one of the top paid coaches or something.

If Houston gets admitted into a P5 league, expect Herman to stay. He likes it there and he has a clause in his contract that if the school gets admitted to a P5 league, he gets some mega clause activated in his contract making him one of the top paid coaches or something.

Well, at least until Urban Meyer steps down at OSU.

The price of FB just went up across the USA as LSU goes looking.

He could recruit very well but he couldn't coach particularly well; and he had the huge advantage of recruiting to the biggest school in Louisiana. Dirtbag from Louisville is my bet to replace him.

It's easy to say that until a helmet school backs up the money truck to your house. Baton Rouge is also only 4 hours down the road, so it wouldn't be a long move, and the recruiting territory would stay mostly the same.

Eddie O is the interim head coach. He recruited most of the players. The whole thing sideways when the problem was the defense. John Chavous, The Chief, was fired and ended up at Texas AM. Then it was the offense and the move to Cam. The problem at LSU is the Head Coach, Les Miles became a puppet.

It's easy to say that until a helmet school backs up the money truck to your house. Baton Rouge is also only 4 hours down the road, so it wouldn't be a long move, and the recruiting territory would stay mostly the same.

Herman is already getting $3 million per year and will get another raise after this season. I'd stay at Houston until he gets an opportunity to coach Ohio St. or a school along those lines. The SEC fans and boosters are insane.

Herman is already getting $3 million per year and will get another raise after this season. I'd stay at Houston until he gets an opportunity to coach Ohio St. or a school along those lines. The SEC fans and boosters are insane.

I think that depends on how long he maintains high performance at Houston. If he sees things dropping might want to move sooner than later.

I think LSU is going to regret getting rid of Les Miles. Having a stable head coach and firing a coach in season is never a good idea unless you are in a dumpster fire situation that was occurring like Tim Brewster.

I think LSU is going to regret getting rid of Les Miles. Having a stable head coach and firing a coach in season is never a good idea unless you are in a dumpster fire situation that was occurring like Tim Brewster.

LSU has been trying to fire him for a while so I think they just declared it dumpster fire and did it.

I think it's the same issue with Glen Mason and Tubby Smith here, where they weren't awful coaches, they were better than their predecessors, but would make the same mistakes, and their teams would have the same deficiencies year after year, and they'd underachieve when they were supposed to be taking a step up. LSU started this season ranked #5 and are now 2-2 and unranked.

At the end of last season, when there was talk of firing Miles, it seemed most non-LSU fans thought that firing him would be an insane decision, just as most non-Gopher fans thought firing Tubby was moronic.

I thought firing Tubby was 2 yrs too late. I have premium tickets but I didn't go the last two yes. His offense drove me crazy.

Les Miles to Purdue? or (gulp) Minnesota?..........

After the season of course or midway for Purdue. Hey, it might happen. Go Gophers!!!:clap::cool:

Top Bottom