JC safety Jaquarius Landrews commits!

Great news! Welcome aboard! I suspect that he is pushing for playing time, if not starting, right from the get go.

OK, I can't resist - (prepare to groan)

"This is the dawning of the age of Jaquarius....the age of Jaquarius....."

Oh boy. More JuCOs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Gophers are recruiting him as a DT, am I correct? Looks like a good athlete.

The Gophers are recruiting him as a DT, am I correct? Looks like a good athlete.
6'1" 200lb. As a DT? LB maybe but we need safeties so hope we can keep him there.

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk.

Oh boy. More JuCOs.

Most of our NFL guys over the last two years have been JuCo players. It a way to make up for lower level recruiting and balancing classes. We'll likely see a JC or grad transfer QB as well.

Most of our NFL guys over the last two years have been JuCo players. It a way to make up for lower level recruiting and balancing classes. We'll likely see a JC or grad transfer QB as well.

Very good point and I wouldn't be surprised if a grad transfer QB transfers in.

I see us moving toward Bill Snyder type of recruiting and going more JC transfers. We've limited D1 talent in Minnesota and we have trouble attracting top recruits nationally. Snyder have made a living by bringing in 6-10 JC transfers a year.

I see us moving toward Bill Snyder type of recruiting and going more JC transfers. We've limited D1 talent in Minnesota and we have trouble attracting top recruits nationally. Snyder have made a living by bringing in 6-10 JC transfers a year.

No. Claeys has said he has no interest in this approach. We recruit JUCOs only when there is a need or someone is too good to pass up. BTW, here are the number of JUCOs we've recruited per class:

2017 - 0
2016 - 4
2015 - 1
2014 - 0
2013 - 2

So to reiterate, no, we won't be recruiting 6-10 JUCOs this year or anytime as long as Claeys is the HC. Stupid take.

No. Claeys has said he has no interest in this approach. We recruit JUCOs only when there is a need or someone is too good to pass up. BTW, here are the number of JUCOs we've recruited per class:

2017 - 0
2016 - 4
2015 - 1
2014 - 0
2013 - 2

So to reiterate, no, we won't be recruiting 6-10 JUCOs this year or anytime as long as Claeys is the HC. Stupid take.

Maybe....maybe not. If you can't bring quality kids nationally from the HS level. You need another outlet. Btw....before this commitment, the Gophers rank 70th in recruiting via 247.

We cooled on him anyway.

Top Bottom