JC safety Jaquarius Landrews commits!

I think he is/wants to be committed to Minnesota but he also wants the MSU coaches to think he is still committed to them.

Maybe....maybe not. If you can't bring quality kids nationally from the HS level. You need another outlet. Btw....before this commitment, the Gophers rank 70th in recruiting via 247.

I'm not defending our overall recruiting. Just making the point that our HC said he wants to primarily recruit high school kids, and the data backs that up. We have averaged between 0-4 Jucos per year, so the idea that we will take 6-10 is way off the mark.

No. Claeys has said he has no interest in this approach. We recruit JUCOs only when there is a need or someone is too good to pass up. BTW, here are the number of JUCOs we've recruited per class:

2017 - 0
2016 - 4
2015 - 1
2014 - 0
2013 - 2

So to reiterate, no, we won't be recruiting 6-10 JUCOs this year or anytime as long as Claeys is the HC. Stupid take.

We had 6 in the 2012 class and 5 in the 2016 class including Donnell Greene. Also depending on our scholarship numbers it could have been closer to 6 or 7 considering Webber decommitted, Elijah Battle didn't make it and BJ Autry was close to being a gopher.

We had 6 in the 2012 class and 5 in the 2016 class including Donnell Greene. Also depending on our scholarship numbers it could have been closer to 6 or 7 considering Webber decommitted, Elijah Battle didn't make it and BJ Autry was close to being a gopher.

The only reason it was so high those years was because we had new coaches who needed to revamp the roster. Cleays had to deal with lots of attrition (Berkeley Edwards, 6 o-lineman) which made it necessary. It's obviously not part of our overall strategy as he has said as much and this year we have zero Jucos with 6 or 7 spots left.

6'1" 200lb. As a DT? LB maybe but we need safeties so hope we can keep him there.

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk.

I am talking about the other visitor Kendrick Green.

So how did Ryan Burns confirm that Jaquarius Landrews committed to Minnesota?

I think we have a solid chance at getting Green. Out defensive front 4 are performing well. And, after Penn State, we could be looking at a top 10 line. I think that could change a few minds on our defensive front for many.

Good pickup! Can he start this weekend?.......sigh

Triple-Facepalm-Meme-01.jpg
OK, I can't resist - (prepare to groan)

"This is the dawning of the age of Jaquarius....the age of Jaquarius....."

He's Golden!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

He's Golden!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I feel like we did this once before already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"clears air on commitment ($)"

Um... $.... did we get a new bagman or something?

So is this now the age of Jaquarius or not?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

So... He IS verbally committing to Minnesota ???

Top Bottom