Who would you name as the Gophers MVP in 31-24 win over Colorado State?

• Rodney Smith

Votes: 22 30.6%
  • Shannon Brooks

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Mitch Leidner

Votes: 29 40.3%
  • Tai’yon Devers

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Steven Richardson

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • Damarius Travis

• Drew Wolitarsky

• Antonio Shenault

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Emmit Carpenter

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Other

• Total voters

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

Spoofin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was a team effort, nobody really stood out to me except for some very nice runs and the the Devers sack. Mitch had some nice stats but I wouldn't call it a stellar game. It would have to be R. Smith for making something out of nothing. Honorable mention to Brooks with some highlight runs andd Leidner for throwing catchable balls, and some clutch runs.

Mitch is doing what he needs to do. Another nice, efficient, and productive outing.

Super close and certainly deserving players all around, especially with Mitch. However, I narrowly have to give it to Smith, two TDs, some solid rushes and especially that catch he had. Just slightly puts him ahead. A team win overall, though.

I gave it to Smith. He set the offensive tone early for a decent running game.

I gave it to Smith. He set the offensive tone early for a decent running game.

How do you figure? If Smith had run through the ball and caught over the shoulder as the pass was intended instead of turning to jump and catch it he would have had a touchdown.

Tough to pick one, because a lot of guys made one or two notable plays. Leidner was efficient (16-20) but no TDs and one INT. Brooks looked great, but played limited snaps and didn't have a ton of carries. Devers had the big sack, but wasn't a huge factor otherwise. In the end I considered Travis, but I went with Smith.

I vote for the dude who during a punt in the thrid plowed through a dude and made a nice tackle.

Without Damarious in the secondary on Saturday, the dumpster fire of big plays would have been much, much worse.

I vote for the dude who during a punt in the thrid plowed through a dude and made a nice tackle.

That was #35 Jaylen Watters. I too liked that hit! Beat the blocker and thumped the returner.
That was a Big 10 hit in my books, and worthy of a helmet sticker.

Top Bottom