Skunks defense....oof

The Gophers (and their fans) should worry about the Gophers.

If you want to bad-mouth Wisconsin, fine. Bad-mouth them all you want - AFTER the Gophers beat Wisconsin. Until then, the whining about Wisconsin just makes Gopher fans look like sore losers - or just losers.

Just in case anyone has forgotten - Wisconsin has beaten the Gophers in Football in 19 of the last 21 seasons. Wisconsin has a 19-2 record against the Gophers in the last 21 seasons. And yet, every year, there are people on this board bad-mouthing Wisconsin and predicting their impending demise. Do you understand how that makes Gopher fans look? It makes them look pathetic.

If you want to bad-mouth Wisconsin, fine. Bad-mouth them all you want - AFTER the Gophers beat Wisconsin. Until then, the whining about Wisconsin just makes Gopher fans look like sore losers - or just losers.

Just in case anyone has forgotten - Wisconsin has beaten the Gophers in Football in 19 of the last 21 seasons. Wisconsin has a 19-2 record against the Gophers in the last 21 seasons. And yet, every year, there are people on this board bad-mouthing Wisconsin and predicting their impending demise. Do you understand how that makes Gopher fans look? It makes them look pathetic.

By that same logic, should Wisconsin fans cease bad-mouthing the Gophers until after they win a national championship? Or 7? Or have a winning overall record against us? Or surpass us in conference titles? Is the winner of the last game all that matters?

I wouldn't mind seeing Wisc take Michigan down....

I don't think that helps the Gophers at all unless you really just hate Michigan/Harbaugh. It would just making winning the West harder for us. I hope Michigan wins, and I expect they will, if they don't make multiple costly screw-ups like MSU did.

I don't think that helps the Gophers at all unless you really just hate Michigan/Harbaugh. It would just making winning the West harder for us. I hope Michigan wins, and I expect they will, if they don't make multiple costly screw-ups like MSU did.

I don't Michigan beating Wisc helps us really. Either we can beat them when we play the or we can't.....

In the meantime I'm just worried about us winning games that folks here like to toss around phrases like "should win", and that isn't the Wisc game.

By that same logic, should Wisconsin fans cease bad-mouthing the Gophers until after they win a national championship? Or 7? Or have a winning overall record against us? Or surpass us in conference titles? Is the winner of the last game all that matters?

what practical benefit do we gain from those national titles in contemporary college football? because it sure isn't recruiting or national prestige

what practical benefit do we gain from those national titles in contemporary college football? because it sure isn't recruiting or national prestige

My son asked me at a game recently.

Daddy, why do all the years on the stadium begin with "1"?

The winner of the last game....no....when you have won the last 11 or 12 or whatever the number is up to now in a row then yeah that matters.

It is like when they look at a bowl matchup and say that Team A is 3-0 against Team B all time and act like that means something. If none of the players on the roster were involved in those games then that record means jack squat.

On the flip side when you have multiple classes of players spend their entire career never beating a squad there is far more relevance to it. Nobody on the current roster has ever beaten Wisconsin, that has far more relevance then the fact that back in the 60s and earlier we dominated the college football landscape and won a bunch of National Titles. Something to be proud of as a program but has little relevance on the college football landscape as it stands today.

I don't Michigan beating Wisc helps us really. Either we can beat them when we play the or we can't.....

In the meantime I'm just worried about us winning games that folks here like to toss around phrases like "should win", and that isn't the Wisc game.

Did anyone say that Wisconsin is a "should win" game? Because that's a ridiculous assertion to make.

Michigan beating Wisconsin absolutely helps us. You could maybe argue that the impact is small, but no matter how small it is, it is a better outcome than Wisconsin beating Michigan as far as our chances of winning the West. If Wisconsin loses to Michigan and Ohio State, and maybe has another hiccup or two against Iowa or Nebraska, or maybe they lose to Northwestern in Evanston for a 5th straight time, then we could possibly win the West without beating Wisconsin. Maybe we lose to Wisconsin and Maryland, but beat Nebraska, Iowa, and Penn State and manage 7-2 to win a tiebreaker with 7-2 Nebraska, and go to Indy while Wisconsin sits in third at 6-3 (I don't know if it's possible for the wins to shake out like that or not).

You can pull for whomever you want, it won't affect the outcome or anything, but in the interests of winning the division, Michigan beating Wisconsin is better than the other way around.

Did anyone say that Wisconsin is a "should win" game? Because that's a ridiculous assertion to make.

Michigan beating Wisconsin absolutely helps us. You could maybe argue that the impact is small, but no matter how small it is, it is a better outcome than Wisconsin beating Michigan as far as our chances of winning the West. If Wisconsin loses to Michigan and Ohio State, and maybe has another hiccup or two against Iowa or Nebraska, or maybe they lose to Northwestern in Evanston for a 5th straight time, then we could possibly win the West without beating Wisconsin. Maybe we lose to Wisconsin and Maryland, but beat Nebraska, Iowa, and Penn State and manage 7-2 to win a tiebreaker with 7-2 Nebraska, and go to Indy while Wisconsin sits in third at 6-3 (I don't know if it's possible for the wins to shake out like that or not).

You can pull for whomever you want, it won't affect the outcome or anything, but in the interests of winning the division, Michigan beating Wisconsin is better than the other way around.

No I mean rather than worrying about Wisc Michigan I'm concerned about the other games.

No matter what advantage folks think Michigan beating Wisc is, it doesn't matter if we can't win the other games.

Bad mouth the team? Nope, mostly it's the fans, and then the stadium, and then the band,and then Becky the mascot, and finally Madison with the freeway system designed by Frank Lloyd Wrong.

you're example A of why this fanbase is lacking. if you are a 'better fan' then this whole program is in dire straits

Where the hell did this even come from? What did I do?

I'm sure you're a much better fan than I am, what with your living thousands of miles away. Meanwhile, all I do is attend every game that I can, donate money to the program every year, read and watch all that I can about the team, etc., etc., etc. I'm sure you do more.

I'm sure you're a much better fan than I am, what with your living thousands of miles away. Meanwhile, all I do is attend every game that I can, donate money to the program every year, read and watch all that I can about the team, etc., etc., etc. I'm sure you do more.

I get a small discount at Goldy's Locker Room.... best fan ever right here!

stop projecting - you reek of insecurity.

you know your post history here and should understand why you're the problem.

Yeah and if wisconsin didn't score those other 2 tds Sparty wis 6-3. This if that didn't happen crap never made sense to me. It did happen.
If my aunt had a ---- she would be my uncle.

And this is why many think you are a troll.

The Badgers have a great program and for the most part you are cheering for laundry like every program. It is the state itself that sucks. A cesspool of ignorance. Drunken skunks dumb as stumps. A state that should border the gulf coast and not be part of the midwest.

Go Gophers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stop projecting - you reek of insecurity.

you know your post history here and should understand why you're the problem.

You don't know what the definition of the word "projecting" is.

I have no idea what you're talking about, and this unwarranted attack came out of absolutely nowhere, so go play a game of hide and go **** yourself.

I don't bash their football team - just their obnoxious fans. I think a lot of others are the same.

Poor Ruppert, at some time in his distant past he felt the wrath of a WI fan and it has warped his life ever since.
Too bad he is too old to not have had a 'safe haven' like the students of today to escape the trauma of 'trigger episodes'.

Poor Ruppert, at some time in his distant past he felt the wrath of a WI fan and it has warped his life ever since.
Too bad he is too old to not have had a 'safe haven' like the students of today to escape the trauma of 'trigger episodes'.

An obvious take from a long time Becky fan. I wonder if you may have been one of the skunks
I had to deal with on several occasions? As they say: Wonder's never cease.......

This strawman argument is stupid. Who's saying Wisconsin doesn't have a great program? Show me that person and I'll call him an idiot. Oh, and show me a Gopher fan who goes on and on with praise for Wisconsin...and I'll want to punch him in the face. This is an internet message board for fans of Minnesota football. Should we start a thread extolling the virtues of every team we play, starting with our most bitter rivals?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Back to the "skunks defense" if beagle and watt are healthy it's going to be a long day.

If Wisconsin had gotten two free touchdowns and won 21-14 would they have been named the greatest team of all time?

Got outgained 350-150

Oh and Michigan state lost again

Top Bottom