Skunks defense....oof

Wisconsin beating MSU at Kick-off was a big deal. Wisconsin beating MSU at the end of the game was a lot less impressive, given Notre Dame's performance today. While I think Wisconsin is the team to beat in the West this year so far, the fact that MSU's signature win to date was against a team that just lost to Duke. At home. Takes some of the value of MSU's win away. Even this year's Northwestern squad managed to beat Duke. Brian Kelly's seat just got really warm.

Kelly was just given an extension through 2021 too.

If Wisconsin can split Michigan/OSU and come out 2-1 against Michigan/OSU/Michigan State they will win the division. We all considered them out of the division race this year because we thought they'd be 0-3 in that stretch, not because they don't have talent.

They get Nebraska and the Gophers at home, and I think they can beat a middling Iowa team on the road.

So much for their 6-6 season :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The MIST fumble was a consequence of a hard hit. The bounce was fortuitus for WI and the run for the TD was skilled.
There are many games left to play.
Is MI that good or is PAST that bad? Is WI that good or are their past opponents over rated?
And where the Gophers stand will be obvious after they leave Happy Valley.
The cream puff buffet is now closed for the Gophers.

Probably some good points here and MSU and LSU might not be as good as advertised. At the same time, my guess is Badger fans are not real impressed with Minnesota barely beating the worst team in the Pac 12 at home and a seven point win at home to a team that lost to Colorado 42-3. Lots left to be played.

It makes sense in some situations when crazy or flukey plays make a game seem more lopsided than it really was. I didn't see any of this game so don't know if that applies to this game, just saying in general.

MSU fan here and watched the entire game. Badgers dominated every phase of the game. Score was indicative of their dominance. The redshirt freshman QB played with great poise, made some clutch throws in tight windows especially on 3rd down. Was moreso really impressed with their defense. Physical and put a lot of pressure on OConnor, forcing him into some poor decisions.

Sparty might be down a bit from last 3 seasons, true, but they still can be a factor in the East. It was plain & simply a manhandling.

Probably some good points here and MSU and LSU might not be as good as advertised. At the same time, my guess is Badger fans are not real impressed with Minnesota barely beating the worst team in the Pac 12 at home and a seven point win at home to a team that lost to Colorado 42-3. Lots left to be played.

Colorado won at Oregon yesterday. They might not be quite as bad as they've been the past few years.

Hell gopher fans aren't impressed with our wins

Wisconsin is looking good. We can't wait for them to suck or worry what they'll do.

I seem to remember Wisconsin almost blowing a game to Georgia St. only two weeks ago.

If Wisconsin can split Michigan/OSU and come out 2-1 against Michigan/OSU/Michigan State they will win the division. We all considered them out of the division race this year because we thought they'd be 0-3 in that stretch, not because they don't have talent.

They get Nebraska and the Gophers at home, and I think they can beat a middling Iowa team on the road.

So much for their 6-6 season :(

That's a tall task you are asking them to pull off.

I think Michigan and OSU is better, so I am not concerned about those upcoming matchups. Wouldn't be surprised if Wisconsin lost 4 out of Michigan/OSU/MN/Nebraska/Iowa

Wouldn't be surprised if they won 3, either.

People in this thread are so extreme.

I'm not saying Wisconsin isn't good. I'm not saying the win at Michigan state isn't impressive. I'm just saying its not nearly as impressive as some are making it out to be.

LSU lost to a bad auburn team yesterday. Notre Dame lost to Duke. And to those saying gopher fans can't wait for Wisconsin to be bad...I agree and also think Minnesota probably finishes 4th in the west...though I hope I am wrong.

I seem to remember Wisconsin almost blowing a game to Georgia St. only two weeks ago.

And your point is? They have wins over 2 top 10 (at the time the game was played) teams already this season. If the Gophers did that we would be planning where to put the statue of Claeys and wondering why he didn't already have a lifetime contract. When it is all said and done MSU and LSU may have been overrated but they are still quality power 5 teams.

Georgia State was one of those classic trap games, weak opponent, big game the following week, it happens all the time. I get that this is just like politics where a lot of people refuse to admit the other side can do anything right but it is foolish to imply that what they have done to this point is not impressive because it is. Lot of season left to play so who knows how it will all play out in the end but for right now the Badgers deserve credit for what they have done, although it sucks to say it.

I think the point is that the skunks have played to the level of their competition.....similar to the Gophers....

As others have said, to those who find any way to trash the Badgers, if the Gophers had:

1. Won the Axe with our first year coach
2. Beaten USC in our bowl game with our first year coach
3. Beaten #5 LSU in Lambeau Field on National T.V. this year
4. Beaten #8 MSU in East Lansing yesterday
5. Had a 4-0 record going into a game against #3 Michigan

We would crowning Tracy Claeys the next Barry Alvarez, naming the Athlete's Village after him, giving him a lifetime contract, and buying tickets en masse to the Rose Bowl.

But since its Wisconsin... it's somehow just a fluke and all the teams they played were overrated...

Get a grip some of you... Wisconsin is good, has been consistently good for 20 years, and will probably continue to be good. We need to stop rubbing our hands wishing and praying for their downfall and start worrying about how we can improve our own program.

As others have said, to those who find any way to trash the Badgers, if the Gophers had:

We would crowning Tracy Claeys the next Barry Alvarez, naming the Athlete's Village after him, giving him a lifetime contract, and buying tickets en masse to the Rose Bowl.

But since its Wisconsin... it's somehow just a fluke and all the teams they played were overrated...

Get a grip some of you... Wisconsin is good, has been consistently good for 20 years, and will probably continue to be good. We need to stop rubbing our hands wishing and praying for their downfall and start worrying about how we can improve our own program.

Name one person trashing Wisconsin as a bad or even mediocre team.

This truly is a sign of Wisconsin being a better program and better consistent recruiting over the years. People assume a step back, but their roster is just deeper.

Cute. You do realize that not a single person here is fooled by your Gopher fan charade, right?

FYI - For those of you who don't follow UW much, a red-shirt Freshman QB started against MSU (his first college start.) He came in for the 2nd half of the Georgia State game and led them to victory after the team sputtered in the first half. Not saying he is the 2nd coming of Russell Wilson, but he has looked very poised and accurate in the short time he has been out there. Given that our running game isn't where it has been in the past, it's nice to have a QB who can throw and manage the game. He will make freshman mistakes and Michigan will be another big test, but I think the Badgers have found a QB. The defense is good, but TJ Watt and Biegel make any defense look good. We are certainly more optimistic than when the season began.

Wouldn't be surprised if Wisconsin lost 4 out of Michigan/OSU/MN/Nebraska/Iowa
One of these things is not like the others,
One of these things just doesn't belong,
Can you tell which thing is not like the others
By the time I finish my song?

+1million.......this says it all.

One of these things is not like the others,
One of these things just doesn't belong,
Can you tell which thing is not like the others
By the time I finish my song?

Is it the one that has a loss to an FCS school in 2016?

It's relatively easy to respect Wisconsin and what they've accomplished, and still take pleasure when they lose. Pretty easy actually.

Cute. You do realize that not a single person here is fooled by your Gopher fan charade, right?

stop being delusional and accept we need to focus on ourselves to improve - wisconsin is light years ahead of us and that gap is only going to widen without some serious talent/coaching upgrades on our end

stop being delusional and accept we need to focus on ourselves to improve - wisconsin is light years ahead of us and that gap is only going to widen without some serious talent/coaching upgrades on our end

WTF are you talking about? Who are you talking to?

Top Bottom