Skunks defense....oof

Tully55

Reaction score
Sconnie defense have allowed only 3 TDs in 4 game. As much as I destest the Skunks, that impressive football.

Sconnie defense have allowed only 3 TDs in 4 game. As much as I destest the Skunks, that impressive football.

I hate em too, but they look really impressive as a team this year. Definitely best looking team in the west so far.

Right now they're at least 14 points better than the Gophers. Looks like the RS freshman QB has put Sheriff Bart on the bench

I think we learn a lot more about them in the next three weeks. If they split or sweep the big two they are really good.

Personally I think Notre dame and Michigan state are simply mediocre teams right now. Wisconsin will beat teams with bad offenses so though LSU and MSU are VERY impressive wins I think they were also good match ups for the style Wisconsin is playing.

I thought Wisconsin would go 1-3 against their 4 toughest games. I still think they'll go 2-2 (2-0 right now).

I think we learn a lot more about them in the next three weeks. If they split or sweep the big two they are really good.

Personally I think Notre dame and Michigan state are simply mediocre teams right now. Wisconsin will beat teams with bad offenses so though LSU and MSU are VERY impressive wins I think they were also good match ups for the style Wisconsin is playing.

I thought Wisconsin would go 1-3 against their 4 toughest games. I still think they'll go 2-2 (2-0 right now).

They can lose to Michigan and Ohio State and still be really good. I hate that program as much as anyone else here but beating LSU and then going on the road dominating Michigan State is impressive no matter how you slice it. How anyone could not view them as a favorite to win the West at this point is beyond me. A lot can change over the course of the year but they absolutely deserve credit for what they have done to this point.

Agree. ND is overrated like every year and Mich St is just not there yet this year. More will be told in the next couple weeks.

They can lose to Michigan and Ohio State and still be really good. I hate that program as much as anyone else here but beating LSU and then going on the road dominating Michigan State is impressive no matter how you slice it. How anyone could not view them as a favorite to win the West at this point is beyond me. A lot can change over the course of the year but they absolutely deserve credit for what they have done to this point.
I thought and think Nebraska is my favorite to win the division largely due to schedule. Wisconsin may be the best team in the west though. I think they are a very good team. I don't think they are a great team.

Don't forget that without a fumble return and a special teams play it is a 16-6 win. Let's not proclaim a good win a great win. Michigan state beat furman by 15 and beat a Notre dame team that is 1-2 and currently losing to Duke.

its obviously not peak sparty but ffs they just stomped the **** out of msu in east lansing.

wisconsin is really good this year

Great defense. Reminds me a bit of last year's Northwestern D, but the Badgers are a lot better on offense than that edition of the Wildcats.

MSU may be a bit overrated, but that wouldn't have mattered. The Badgers were kicking the snot out of them in the quarter-and-a-half I watched.

I thought UW would slip under Chryst, I clearly was wrong.

I thought and think Nebraska is my favorite to win the division largely due to schedule. Wisconsin may be the best team in the west though. I think they are a very good team. I don't think they are a great team.

Don't forget that without a fumble return and a special teams play it is a 16-6 win. Let's not proclaim a good win a great win. Michigan state beat furman by 15 and beat a Notre dame team that is 1-2 and currently losing to Duke.
Yeah and if wisconsin didn't score those other 2 tds Sparty wis 6-3. This if that didn't happen crap never made sense to me. It did happen.
If my aunt had a ---- she would be my uncle.

In the past, I've been in that group who's always looking for signs of a Badger decline so we can finally roll in and knock them off. I'm now looking at reality and that's not how it will happen. When we beat them, it'll be because we play a great all around game. It may or may not happen this year, but when it does I won't have any money on the line.

Yeah and if wisconsin didn't score those other 2 tds Sparty wis 6-3. This if that didn't happen crap never made sense to me. It did happen.

There is a difference between touchdowns that are based on execution and touchdowns that are based on bounces and opponents making mistakes. To say the fumble return touchdown isn't a fortunate bounce is being ignorant. Great strip, but you need the bounce to score. To credit Wisconsin for blocking a punt would be one thing, but Michigan state completely messing it up inside their own 10 is another.

If you can't recognize that, you don't know football.

For the record, Wisconsin was outgained by Michigan state. But I guess it was the most dominating victory of all time.

It makes sense in some situations when crazy or flukey plays make a game seem more lopsided than it really was. I didn't see any of this game so don't know if that applies to this game, just saying in general.

It makes sense in some situations when crazy or flukey plays make a game seem more lopsided than it really was. I didn't see any of this game so don't know if that applies to this game, just saying in general.
From the highlights on btn those turnovers didn't look flukey.

From the highlights on btn those turnovers didn't look flukey.

Turnover wasn't, the 60 yard return of the fumble took a lucky bounce. Give Wisconsin the ball on their own 40 and the game is a little different. Great play, but not a play that would tell you they are a great team or not.

The Michigan state botched punt giving Wisconsin the ball inside the MSU 10 was a great play, but to me says more negative about Michigan state than positive about Wisconsin.

Very good win, but it doesn't make me fear Wisconsin more than I did yesterday.
Especially now that I realize how bad Notre dame is.

I am glad you said it. If I had I would have been labeled a troll.

Generally you're labeled a troll because you mainly post on Wisconsin-related thread and also because it is obvious you're a troll.

garbage time yards. You can watch the game to see it, or read about it here: https://www.landof10.com/michigan-state/michigan-state-instant-analysis-spartans-vs-wisconsin

Wisconsin was up 7 and Michigan State had the ball in inside the Wisconsin territory when a 66 yard fumble return touchdown ended the game. It was a pretty even game until the mid 3rd quarter.

But apparently it was also the most dominating victory of all time. I wasn't bringing up total yards because I thought Michigan state was a better team. Merely just to point out the game was not that large of a gap. Maybe I should just show the score and field position and time on the clock and stats one second before the fumble play happened.

Good win for Wisconsin, no doubt.
Michigan state isn't very good though. And the game was much closer than the score.

Sconnie is playing at a high level, but LSU had severe QB issues and are still figuring out things, MSU's win over ND is looking less impressive after the game Duke gave ND and MSU handed sconnie 28 pts with really dumb uncharacteristic mistakes.
Sconnie is hitting people at the most fortunate time

We'd be demanding a statue if we beat lsu and mi state

Wisconsin was up 7 and Michigan State had the ball in inside the Wisconsin territory when a 66 yard fumble return touchdown ended the game. It was a pretty even game until the mid 3rd quarter.

But apparently it was also the most dominating victory of all time. I wasn't bringing up total yards because I thought Michigan state was a better team. Merely just to point out the game was not that large of a gap. Maybe I should just show the score and field position and time on the clock and stats one second before the fumble play happened.

Good win for Wisconsin, no doubt.
Michigan state isn't very good though. And the game was much closer than the score.

I'm thinking the badgers could go 12-0 and you'd find a way to say none of their wins were great wins.

I'm thinking the badgers could go 12-0 and you'd find a way to say none of their wins were great wins.

The LSU win lost a little lustre today, but trouncing MSU is impressive.

I'm also thinking we could have a thread with 99 posts complimenting wi, and badger fans would only reply/complain about the one post that rips them a little bit.

MSU is not chopped liver. Wisconsin's defense hasn't lost a beat

Wisconsin beating MSU at Kick-off was a big deal. Wisconsin beating MSU at the end of the game was a lot less impressive, given Notre Dame's performance today. While I think Wisconsin is the team to beat in the West this year so far, the fact that MSU's signature win to date was against a team that just lost to Duke. At home. Takes some of the value of MSU's win away. Even this year's Northwestern squad managed to beat Duke. Brian Kelly's seat just got really warm.

Top Bottom