Akeem Springs: If you knew what I did to get here you would understand the smile!

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

What did he do??? The suspense.

Yeah, what's the scoop with him? Is he supposed to be good,......starter potential?

I haven't kept up on him very well. Getting harder for me to read, and therefore I don't want to go back through the threads.

Thanks in advance.

Yeah, what's the scoop with him? Is he supposed to be good,......starter potential?

I haven't kept up on him very well. Getting harder for me to read, and therefore I don't want to go back through the threads.

Thanks in advance.

One of the better players on the uw Milwaukee team that beat Minnesota and Wisconsin last year. Combo guard that scored 10ish ppg. Could easily slide into our starting 2 spot or I wouldn't be surprised to see him as the first off the bench giving mcbrayer a rest. He's starting material, not sure he will start.

One of the better players on the uw Milwaukee team that beat Minnesota and Wisconsin last year. Combo guard that scored 10ish ppg. Could easily slide into our starting 2 spot or I wouldn't be surprised to see him as the first off the bench giving mcbrayer a rest. He's starting material, not sure he will start.

Thank you.

I sure hope Lynch is good to go. We could have a decent year.

Did we get new uniforms? Those are nice looking.
MEDIA]

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

I would assume he means that this is his third stop and finally to a major college. He may also be referring to having to take classes this summer to graduate, to become eligible at the U.

I suspect he will mostly help the team with leadership and sparks off the bench here and there. He could log more minutes if McBrayer doesn't play well and/or Coffey isn't ready for the BIG.

Huh?

I would assume he means that this is his third stop and finally to a major college. He may also be referring to having to take classes this summer to graduate, to become eligible at the U.

I suspect he will mostly help the team with leadership and sparks off the bench here and there. He could log more minutes if McBrayer doesn't play well and/or Coffey isn't ready for the BIG.

We're so good we can't find minutes for a Division One transfer that averaged 10 plus points per game last year? With confidence and opportunity he builds on those numbers as a senior. But you don't see him good enough to be getting minutes on the court except here and there???? Violently disagreeing with your analysis here. He didn't come to watch.

I think he'll be more than an occasional spark off the bench. I could see him getting over 20 minutes a game and possibly starting if the staff decides they want McBrayer to play point guard for the second unit instead of being a wing/SG for the starting unit.

[/B]

We're so good we can't find minutes for a Division One transfer that averaged 10 plus points per game last year? With confidence and opportunity he builds on those numbers as a senior. But you don't see him good enough to be getting minutes on the court except here and there???? Violently disagreeing with your analysis here. He didn't come to watch.

Yeah I agree with this. This Kid had 13.1 ppg and 5.2 rpg last year and 10.3 ppg 4.9 rpg the year before that. He has improved his statistics(%s) each year in school. If McBrayer is better and Springs doesn't see the court much we're doing great as a team.

As a coach, you do not take a 5th-year Senior Transfer unless you expect that player to be a major contributor. He brings experience and a proven track record. If he doesn't start, he'll play major minutes - especially early in the season as the FR are going through the predictable learning curve.

[/B]

We're so good we can't find minutes for a Division One transfer that averaged 10 plus points per game last year? With confidence and opportunity he builds on those numbers as a senior. But you don't see him good enough to be getting minutes on the court except here and there???? Violently disagreeing with your analysis here. He didn't come to watch.[/QUOTE

Whoa. Violently disagree. That's humorous. God forbid I have an opinion. I think he'll help off the bench and provide much needed leadership for this team. I hope he helps more than I expect.

As a coach, you do not take a 5th-year Senior Transfer unless you expect that player to be a major contributor. He brings experience and a proven track record. If he doesn't start, he'll play major minutes - especially early in the season as the FR are going through the predictable learning curve.

It isn't who starts. It's who finishes.

Can springs Rain it down?

Akeem Springs listed at 6-4 210. Built like Joe Coleman. Doesn't have great lateral quickness, average athlete. Was not a good 3pt shooter his first 2 seasons at Milwaukee: 25%, then 28%. Last year he averaged 13 pts, 5 reb, 2 ass, and less than a steal a game. But he did improve his 3 pt shooting to 35% last year! He can post up.

I see 20 mpg if he is shooting under 30% from 3. This team's weakness will be 3 pt shooting. I also think he spends lots of time at the 3 spot. A bit undersized for that spot but much more stout than the 175Lb players we have played there in years past. Let's hope he keeps improving as a 3pt shooter and gets it close to 40%. If he shoots like that I could see 25+ min per game.

[/B]

We're so good we can't find minutes for a Division One transfer that averaged 10 plus points per game last year? With confidence and opportunity he builds on those numbers as a senior. But you don't see him good enough to be getting minutes on the court except here and there???? Violently disagreeing with your analysis here. He didn't come to watch.[/QUOTE

Whoa. Violently disagree. That's humorous. God forbid I have an opinion. I think he'll help off the bench and provide much needed leadership for this team. I hope he helps more than I expect.

It was intended as humor but I misquoted myself :clap::cool02: how about "I strenuously object"

I'd be surprised if Mcbrayer started over him. Also he averaged over 13 PPG, not 10.

I'd be surprised if Mcbrayer started over him. Also he averaged over 13 PPG, not 10.

"averaged 10 plus points per game" I don't believe that statement limits him to only 10 does it? Would you have been happier if I just said a guy who averaged double figures last year isn't going to just watch? golly

sheeesh... from the movie, A Few Good Men: "I strenuously object?" Is that how it works? Hm? "Objection." "Overruled." "Oh, no, no, no. No, I STRENUOUSLY object." "Oh. Well, if you strenuously object then I should take some time to reconsider."

I'll have to apologize. Your level of humor is way over my head and I was never one to remember movie lines. :)

Top Bottom