STrib: TCF Bank Stadium's security policy sparks confusion, frustration among U fans

The Billd's handled the bag thing today okay. The curve for us was no keys...phones...anything metal...in the pockets. Slowed us down for 20 seconds as i complied.

We'll be prepared for Iowa...at least against the metal detector!

I had an umbrella (lots of metal) in my sweatshirt front pocket and the wand didn't notice that, my phone, my keys or anything else in my pockets. Sounds like a great system they've got...

We got to the game late for us, 10:40. Got behind 2 guys in wheelchairs and their helper. Security was having a little trouble checking things and getting the guys wheeled through, and the guys in the wheelchair had a little trouble getting around the corner and into the stadium. We got to our seats about 7 sections down at 11:55.

No problem for anybody involved except for the normal trouble the guys in those wheelchairs face all the time.

If the Strib would have wrote this, the headline would read "Season Tickets Holders Take Twice the Time to Seats".

I think for the next game security should profile....

Meaning wave all obvious Gopher fans through, and body cavity search all of the obvious Hawkeye fans (eeewww), making them miss at least he first quarter.

Boy, there are a lot of stupid people out there.

Ms. Sawyer lost me on her opening "dirty look" comment. Completely made up, which cancels out her story. Why would a security person give a crap after the bag is gone? Another fictionalized tale to "make a point".

"Today's journalism".

This is something SEC schools are dealing with, as well. The clear bag policy officially takes effect next season, but several schools have already enacted it for this season.

One thing that helped at A&M is staking 2'x3' signs about the new policy in all tailgate areas. Maybe this is something that Minnesota could easily implement going forward.

Dumb policy.

Don't disagree with the assessment at all. But it is the policy. You have a perfect right to dislike it and even ignore it, but -- *gasp* -- there are consequences for your actions. If you're really torqued off about it, take action -- raise it with the U, fight the system, make a difference. Or just go and bitch and whine about it on the internet (and XMan, this last comment is NOT directed at you).

Top Bottom