Reggie Lynch Undergoes Successful Surgery

GopherLady

Reaction score
Per U of MN press release:

University of Minnesota head men’s basketball coach Richard Pitino announced Friday that redshirt junior center Reggie Lynch (Edina, Minn./Edina HS/Illinois State) underwent a surgical procedure on his left knee.

Lynch is expected to be sidelined for a month while recovering from the operation.

Could have been worse. There are 49 days left until opening day. So if it truly is a one month deal, he'll still have 2 1/2 weeks to get into game shape. Not too worried.

How long has it been since he played a competitive game or truly practiced? I have to think he's going to be quite rusty.

Thank god Pitino got that cup cake schedule for him to get acclimated to amirite SS? ;)

Reggie's year so far reminds me of this.

<iframe src="https://vine.co/v/ixzOQHthaB2/embed/simple?audio=1" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script src="https://platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js"></script>

at least it was successful surgery. Has any team in the history of sports ever announced that a player had unsuccessful surgery?

Serious question - is this something that just happened? If it was a on-going problem, it would have been nice to clean it up while he was suspended - unless Lynch was waiting to see if he would be cleared or not.

Doctor, "I opened him up, I went in there with the sharp knife thingy and I had know idea what I was doing. It was a routine, unsuccessful surgery."

at least it was successful surgery. Has any team in the history of sports ever announced that a player had unsuccessful surgery?

Serious question - is this something that just happened? If it was a on-going problem, it would have been nice to clean it up while he was suspended - unless Lynch was waiting to see if he would be cleared or not.

When suspended do players have access to the basketball medical staff/etc...?

In general, the doctor knows what he is going to encounter before they begin surgery. There is a reason why some surgeries last 1 hr and same surgery last 3 hours. The doctor keeps working until it is a success. Pretty rare for these common repairs to be unsuccessful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom