Burns on podcast, "fully expects players to be cleared"

Some Day...Is Coming!

Some Day...Maybe?
Reaction score
Just listened to Burns' podcast and he said he fully expects players to be cleared. He said he heard it would be last Saturday, then Tuesday, then Wednesday, now Friday. He said who knows when but when it does happen he fully expects them to be cleared and that they will be available to play immediately however if cleared tomorrow he doubts they play unless emergency comes up.

I know there are multiple threads on this but I thought this was significant and there's a lot of b.s. In those other threads. Plus, it's good news!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nadine posted this news well over a week ago. this isn't new news. hope it gets cleared soon.

Do you think it would happen faster if we had another thread?

nadine posted this news well over a week ago. this isn't new news. hope it gets cleared soon.

Nadine posted a week ago, listing the same dates?

Yes, but we haven't heard anything since then. From anybody. As time goes by without these guys getting cleared, it's easy to start thinking that maybe they won't be cleared.

It's the same information, but hearing it again from someone with contacts in the football office is helpful.

Thats good news. Sounds like they should be cleared by Penn State then.

I remember him talking about it 1.5 weeks ago and he fully expected them to be cleared by the end of the week. I just about spit out my coffee. It's almost like he hasn't directly witnessed the last umpteen U of M investigations.

I really hope they get cleared in the next day or two but I'm not holding my breath.

I remember him talking about it 1.5 weeks ago and he fully expected them to be cleared by the end of the week. I just about spit out my coffee. It's almost like he hasn't directly witnessed the last umpteen U of M investigations.

I really hope they get cleared in the next day or two but I'm not holding my breath.

So you think the U of M investigation is holding things up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These dates? "He said he heard it would be last Saturday, then Tuesday, then Wednesday, now Friday." He's 0 for 3....

If I read "Someday... is coming" correctly, Burns was 0 for 0. He was simply repeating what he had heard, and described it that way. He did predict the players would be cleared and although he mentioned dates, he also said he has "no idea." He wasn't predicting any of those three days. He was simply passing along what he had been told in different conversations. I don't think there is a need to get snippy about a guy posting what he heard on a podcast, but there is perhaps a need for greater reading comprehension on your part.

Long story short, I appreciate this thread and I'm glad it was posted. The rest of you can carry on with ripping the value of the information or misunderstanding what was said. None of this will resolve the situation more quickly.

If I read "Someday... is coming" correctly, Burns was 0 for 0. He was simply repeating what he had heard, and described it that way. He did predict the players would be cleared and although he mentioned dates, he also said he has "no idea." He wasn't predicting any of those three days. He was simply passing along what he had been told in different conversations. I don't think there is a need to get snippy about a guy posting what he heard on a podcast, but there is perhaps a need for greater reading comprehension on your part.

Long story short, I appreciate this thread and I'm glad it was posted. The rest of you can carry on with ripping the value of the information or misunderstanding what was said. None of this will resolve the situation more quickly.

Sorry Ryan.

If the players are as innocent as everyone says they are, why are the suspensions not lifted? Maybe the possibility of the players getting charged for rape, gives the athletic director cold feet in letting them play again. I don't know. I just think with no arrest and no charges a two game suspension is fair, and if charges come up in the future then the athletic director can reevaluate the situation.

If the players are as innocent as everyone says they are, why are the suspensions not lifted? Maybe the possibility of the players getting charged for rape, gives the athletic director cold feet in letting them play again. I don't know. I just think with no arrest and no charges a two game suspension is fair, and if charges come up in the future then the athletic director can reevaluate the situation.

The reputation of the University is far more important than the playing career of any individual athlete. If their legal status is not settled, it would be beyond stupid to let them play. If Claeys clears them to play and they are later convicted of rape or another serious offense, the U would be crucified nationally (and rightfully so).

Really? Where does it say he has "no idea"?

Just listened to Burns' podcast and he said he fully expects players to be cleared. He said he heard it would be last Saturday, then Tuesday, then Wednesday, now Friday. He said who knows when but when it does happen he fully expects them to be cleared and that they will be available to play immediately however if cleared tomorrow he doubts they play unless emergency comes up.

Really? Where does it say he has "no idea"?

I wonder if they would even travel with the rest of the team to Penn State if cleared. My guess is that they have been working out on their own with guidance, but would they be in playing shape after this long of a gap? My guess again is there is no scenario where they would play this Saturday.

I heard they are all at the Manning Camp so there are no worries about being ready when they are cleared.

LSU defensive end Davon Godchaux's indefinite suspension has been lifted, LSU coach Ed Orgeron said Wednesday.

Speaking on the SEC coaches teleconference, Orgeron said Godchaux will practice Wednesday but did not say if Godchaux would be available for Saturday's Homecoming game against Missouri in Tiger Stadium. Godchaux, a 6-feet-4, 299-pound junior, is a three-year starter at right end for the Tigers.

"Davon is an excellent young man. I've coached him for a couple of years now," Orgeron said. "He'll return to the team today. We'll take it day-by-day and we'll make sure we have all the information available before we make any other decision, but he will be with the team today."

Godchaux missed Monday and Tuesday's practice after his arrest Monday for domestic abuse batter/child endangerment and false imprisonment, charges that were dropped Tuesday by the East Baton Rouge Parish DA's office.

The charges were dropped because of conflicting testimony by the victim, Godchaux's girlfriend with whom he has a 10-month old child. The victim also asked the charges be dropped, but is still facing misdemeanor charges for domestic abuse batter/child endangerment.

The two were involved in a "short tussle" at Godchaux's Niocholson Drive apartment in Baton Rouge.

There have been incidents in college football where guys were arrested and they still played right away since no charges had been brought forward yet. Look at Alabama. I think the possibility of a rape charge and new Athletic director make this a tougher situation.

Don't you think at some point, you would have to reinstate the players if they

A. Have not been charged
B. Don't volunteer that they did anything illegal or against team policy
C. Seem credible in their explanation of events

I don't understand how they can be penalized indefinitely without an explanation about what is going to change in the future (i.e. waiting for DNA results, witness is out of the country but returning) to change a pending investigation into charges.

Claeys explanation "violation of team policy, taking it day by day" makes no sense. If they did something that violates team policy shouldn't there be set punishments and timelines? It should not be a crime to be accused of something. Too easy to bring down someone with false charges. I thought we learned our lesson on that with Duke Lacrosse.

Don't you think at some point, you would have to reinstate the players if they

A. Have not been charged
B. Don't volunteer that they did anything illegal or against team policy
C. Seem credible in their explanation of events

I don't understand how they can be penalized indefinitely without an explanation about what is going to change in the future (i.e. waiting for DNA results, witness is out of the country but returning) to change a pending investigation into charges.

Claeys explanation "violation of team policy, taking it day by day" makes no sense. If they did something that violates team policy shouldn't there be set punishments and timelines? It should not be a crime to be accused of something. Too easy to bring down someone with false charges. I thought we learned our lesson on that with Duke Lacrosse.

Think it is pretty safe to assume that even though the public has gotten shockingly little information (in this day and age of info leaks) there must be something there for the coaches to keep them suspended. Not saying the players are guilty or anything like that, but just because the public hasn't gotten more info it doesn't mean the coaches/athletic department haven't. The coaches aren't going to want to keep valuable players off the field if there is nothing there to worry about.

Top Bottom