Totals:
BTN- 13
BTN+- 7
ESPNU- 4
CBS/BTN- 3
ESPN2- 2
ESPN3- 2
TBD- 1

I only have cable to watch sports, so it's kind of BS to have to pay even more for those BTN+ games. I understand if they don't want to show those games on the main channel, but they should either have an alternate channel or make them free online.

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk

Yeah **** BTN+. I can't believe they can get away with that b.s. Are any of MSU's ever on BTN+?

Yeah **** BTN+. I can't believe they can get away with that b.s. Are any of MSU's ever on BTN+?

I thought the point of the BTN was to increase the visibility of its members? Hard to do when they make you pay for a bunch of these games.

BTN+ is awful. Terrible stream and awful commentary.

Well I just looked at how many games each of the other teams play on BTN+ and boy did we ever get shafted. Minus exhibitions, here is the breakdown:

Minnesota- 6
Northwestern- 4
Iowa- 4
Rutgers- 3
Nebraska- 3
Illinois- 2
Michigan- 2
Wisky- 1
Purdue- 1
Michigan St- 0
Penn St- 0
Maryland- 0
Ohio State- 0
Indiana- 0

A bunch of bull**** and if you look at how they scheduled those games, we are going to have to pay for two months of BTN+.

Well I just looked at how many games each of the other teams play on BTN+ and boy did we ever get shafted. Minus exhibitions, here is the breakdown:

Minnesota- 6
Northwestern- 4
Iowa- 4
Rutgers- 3
Nebraska- 3
Illinois- 2
Michigan- 2
Wisky- 1
Purdue- 1
Michigan St- 0
Penn St- 0
Maryland- 0
Ohio State- 0
Indiana- 0

A bunch of bull**** and if you look at how they scheduled those games, we are going to have to pay for two months of BTN+.

Seems to me it has been that way pretty much every year.

I agree.....TOTAL BS!

I've never heard anyone from the U ever mention this issue. Has anyone?

Thanks for doing the numbers Death.

Seeing that disparity really makes me not want to buy it now. **** the BTN.

Minnesota- 6
Northwestern- 4
Iowa- 4
Rutgers- 3
Nebraska- 3
Illinois- 2
Michigan- 2
Wisky- 1
Purdue- 1
Michigan St- 0
Penn St- 0
Maryland- 0
Ohio State- 0
Indiana- 0

We usually only have about 2 if you exclude the exhibitions and you can get them all in with about 1 month's subscription. This is definitely worth complaining about.

It's a terrible product, way behind the stream quality of the other streaming channels.

Anyone know if the btn+ games still air on the xtra btn channels on charter or have those gone away entirely? If they have given me away I am pissed.

I thought the point of the BTN was to increase the visibility of its members? Hard to do when they make you pay for a bunch of these games.

I understand they're not going to use the alternate channels for these games (costs too much) but they should at least stream them for free. Having 3x as many viewers and selling ads would make up for the $9.95 they bilk a few diehards out of.

Anyone know if the btn+ games still air on the xtra btn channels on charter or have those gone away entirely? If they have given me away I am pissed.

I think they only use those extra channels for football. Not for basketball.

I understand they're not going to use the alternate channels for these games (costs too much) but they should at least stream them for free. Having 3x as many viewers and selling ads would make up for the $9.95 they bilk a few diehards out of.

And don't they usually just have students do the broadcast (announcing, cameras, etc)? I'm not sure how much it costs to stream games but it appears they have very little other expenses.

And don't they usually just have students do the broadcast (announcing, cameras, etc)? I'm not sure how much it costs to stream games but it appears they have very little other expenses.

Exactly. I doubt they get more than minimum wage and an internship credit or something.

Basketball was never shown on the alternate channels.

Minnesota- 6
Northwestern- 4
Iowa- 4
Rutgers- 3
Nebraska- 3
Illinois- 2
Michigan- 2
Wisky- 1
Purdue- 1
Michigan St- 0
Penn St- 0
Maryland- 0
Ohio State- 0
Indiana- 0

How does Penn State get 0 and we get 6? I know they'll always coddle Indiana, MSU and Maryland, but come on.

Does MSU go 2-16 in the B1G? If we actually were an interesting team AND if we actually played a real team someone has heard of once in a while, maybe then...

Just looked at this on the BTN site.

We're talking about 2 months charges (Nov and Dec) for non conference cupcake games. When you pick your team you only pay $10 per month. $20 total to watch 6 games isn't that big of a deal. We're talking $2 per hour of entertainment. It's comparable to renting a Bluray from Redbox.

Now I agree that they should be playing more games on already televised channels etc. I'm probably not going to mess with this either, but it isn't like it is that big of a deal.

https://www.btn2go.com/packages?type=0

Does MSU go 2-16 in the B1G? If we actually were an interesting team AND if we actually played a real team someone has heard of once in a while, maybe then...

Every team plays these "no name" schools. We play more recognizable teams than Rutgers this season and they went 1-17 last year. They have half as many BTN+ games as us. I understand why the big names never play on BTN+ but 6 games if frickin ridiculous.

So, it appears that in addition to BTN+, we have one game that will not be televised/streamed at all? When is the last time that happened? Ridiculous that BTN did not pick up Arkansas or Vandy. Is Indiana vs. IPFW or whoever really more compelling?

We'll be under the radar when we hit the BIG this year as nobody will have watched us play. There will be little to no game film for other coaches to scout from.

We'll be under the radar when we hit the BIG this year as nobody will have watched us play. There will be little to no game film for other coaches to scout from.

And little to no casual fan base or recruiting exposure.

Wow, that's crazy that those games are on ESPN3. That's a shame.

Go Gophers!!

Especially the Arkansas game. Really surprised that one wasn't picked up by one of the real ESPN channels or BTN. Should be a really entertaining game.

The game in Sioux Falls not as surprised. That's Championship Saturday in college football. B1G championship game will be going on (FOX) at the same time, and BTN has Oklahoma State @ Maryland that day/night (TBD). The FOX/BTN, ABC/ESPN, and CBS genres will have almost all of their focus on college football that day, and rightly so.

Are any of the games subject to change?

And little to no casual fan base or recruiting exposure.

BTN gives us cash in return for much less exposure for fans and potential fans. Not to mention recruits.

I think that's called; ....being bought off.

Do basketball coaches exchange game film like they do in football?

ESPN3

Anyone know if they show ESPN3 is Vegas sports books?

Top Bottom