CBS: Hall of Famer Larry Brown is considering becoming a high school basketball coach

BleedGopher

Reaction score
How long until this HS gets put on probation?

Per CBS:

Naismith Memorial Hall of Famer Larry Brown spoke with the athletic director at East Hampton High in New York on Tuesday morning and will soon meet with him in person to discuss the possibility of coaching the school's varsity basketball team, Newsday reported Tuesday afternoon.

Brown, who turned 76 years old last week, previously mentioned this as a possibility in a recent interview with the Kansas City Star. He told the paper he "can't retire" even though he resigned as SMU's coach in early July, at the age of 75, after he and the school couldn't reach an agreement on a contract extension.

"There's a high school in East Hampton (N.Y.), where I'm currently staying. I'm going to speak to the AD there," Brown said last week. "If I do that, I can't do it halfway. They told me I can still speak and go to colleges, but I don't want to cheat the kids. So if I'm going to do it, I'll do it 100 percent. I've got so much I've been taught from players [I've worked with] and coaches I played for. I just want to share it somehow."

This story would be bananas if it were about anybody but Brown.

http://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...ring-becoming-a-high-school-basketball-coach/

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom