All Things Jamir Harris - Update: Harris is GOLDEN

Jamir Harris Commits to Gophers!!!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Wow, nice. Welcome Jamir! Very glad to have another shooter aboard.

Now, the $64,000 question is whether Pitino is willing to oversign for French (providing we're his choice, obviously). I hope he does because those would be 3 solid gets for a 2017 recruiting class. All those who had a class of Washington, Harris and potentially French please pick up your lottery ticket and Nostradamus gift bag at the Bierman front desk.

Great to have him but a little disappointed we didn't get a big. Hope pitino is satisfied with our current bigs.

I hope he is sending Gaston packing!

I assume that this would be referencing some penalty or something due to the specific number? Could you elaborate?

Now, the $64,000 question is whether Pitino is willing to oversign for French (providing we're his choice, obviously). I hope he does because those would be 3 solid gets for a 2017 recruiting class. All those who had a class of Washington, Harris and potentially French please pick up your lottery ticket and Nostradamus gift bag at the Bierman front desk.

I assume that this would be referencing some penalty or something due to the specific number? Could you elaborate?

pt1490.jpg

I'm assuming the fact that he has canceled his visit means that he probably will not be coming here. Who knows if that is his choice, or Pitino's

Go Gophers!!

Harris is a great fit looking at the 2017 potential roster he was probably more of a need than French as well. Wouldn't be surprised to see them look for a transfer center that would have to sit the 2017 season. Not adding French also makes it easier to sell immediate playing time to 2018 big recruits like Oturo and Thompson.

They really needed a big that could at least play some at the 5, Simm's or John would have fit that bill, not sure French would have, Harris is a big get, athletic and can shoot.

This sets up great for 2018!!! Love this get!! Nice job Pitino !! Back to back good years! Race we need u now!!

Sounds like Harris is a good prospect. I was hoping for balance to see the Gophs land a bigger man with the other open scholarship. That really puts the onus on Pitino to land a solid big man - a C or strong PF type, next year. I know some people are talking about a JUCO, but I would prefer someone who's going to be around longer.

I just have a long-held feeling that you need a quality big man in the B1G - and by big man, I mean someone 6'10" or taller - not some 6'8" PF type sliding into the middle.

Wow, smart kid. Stanford and Princeton among his offers.

It never hurts adding a really smart kid to the team. Both of the Hollins' were the same.. and while not always.. a high GPA type kids usually translates to staying out of the headlines in a bad way. I like this pick up. We can add a big man in the spring (grad transfer) and will most certainly add one or two next Fall.

It never hurts adding a really smart kid to the team. Both of the Hollins' were the same.. and while not always.. a high GPA type kids usually translates to staying out of the headlines in a bad way. I like this pick up. We can add a big man in the spring (grad transfer) and will most certainly add one or two next Fall.

We don't need a big man for 2017-18, we need one for 2018-19, so adding a grad transfer in spring wouldn't do much good. I think another regular transfer with 3 years to play 2 wouldn't be bad idea in spring. He can sit out while Lynch and Konate run the 5 as seniors, practice with the team, and then start in 2018.

We don't need a big man for 2017-18, we need one for 2018-19, so adding a grad transfer in spring wouldn't do much good. I think another regular transfer with 3 years to play 2 wouldn't be bad idea in spring. He can sit out while Lynch and Konate run the 5 as seniors, practice with the team, and then start in 2018.

Good post. Plenty of time to find bigs to help in '18. Really happy with our 2017 class. As Marcus tweeted, our guard depth in '17-'18 will be ridiculous.

Top Bottom