All Things Jamir Harris - Update: Harris is GOLDEN

Impressive ball handling skills and sounds like he has his head on straight. Interesting...

We will get great spacing by starting 5 guards. :rolleyes:
We have Reggie, Murphy, Curry, Fitzgerald, and Konate for the next two years if everything goes as planned. Could pick up Hasahn as well. Could also pick up a center in the spring if we have a transfer. I don't see a big problem there.

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk

Looking over his Nike EYBL stats, Jamir can really shoot it. In 16 regular season games he went 46/116 (40.5%) from 3.

Jamir struggled shooting a bit in 5 peach jam games, but overall he shot 57/148 (38.5%) from 3 in 21 games. He finished with the 4th most 3-point makes of any player on the circuit.

We need this kid!! Never another guard!!

1-2's Mcbrayer, mason, Washington , maybe some Coffey here but I see him as a 3.

That's it we need more Guards can never have enough. Someone gets hurt we are in trouble.

Looking over his Nike EYBL stats, Jamir can really shoot it. In 16 regular season games he went 46/116 (40.5%) from 3.

Jamir struggled shooting a bit in 5 peach jam games, but overall he shot 57/148 (38.5%) from 3 in 21 games. He finished with the 4th most 3-point makes of any player on the circuit.

Nice stats, puts a different perspective on his recruitment, almost seems under valued, that Stanford visit in late October might be troublesome.

Kind of reminds me of Andre Hollins. Similar size and skill sets, and even potentially coming down to deciding between Minnesota and Stanford.

If he's actually 6 foot 2 and can shoot that well, you take him in a heartbeat if he wants to be a Gopher.

Per Adam Zagoria:

Minnesota's Richard Pitino and Kimani Young have a home visit today with 2017 St. Pat's SG Jamir Harris @Jtodaizzo

Really interesting having Harris visiting on the 29th and then French on the 30th. Wonder if it's grab a seat before the music stops or if we are willing to sign both of them?

Really interesting having Harris visiting on the 29th and then French on the 30th. Wonder if it's grab a seat before the music stops or if we are willing to sign both of them?

French visiting this weekend. Harris visiting next weekend.

French looks like he is tailor made for the B1G!

Harris will sign this weekend after having a blast and watching us pound Colorado st in fb

Harris will sign this weekend after having a blast and watching us pound Colorado st in fb

French is here this weekend. But I guess Harris could get BTN and commit to Pitino as well.

No one will sign this weekend. No one has signed yet. Signing day is later this fall.

per Marcus: Richard Pitino travels to New Jersey to see 2017 guard Jamir Harris

Pitino and assistant Kimani Young were in New Jersey on Tuesday to see The Patrick School senior guard Jamir Harris, who has scheduled official visits to Minnesota on Sept. 30 and Stanford on Oct. 29.

Pitino and Young both watched Harris in the school's open gym and planned an in-home visit Tuesday.

The 6-foot-2, 180-pound three-star prospect is one of the top shooters in the senior class. Harris started with former four-star point guard and current Harvard freshman Bryce Aiken last season. He's capable of playing both guard spots and could be an option in the backcourt alongside Gophers point guard recruit Isaiah Washington.

Harris made an unofficial visit to the Gophers with his mother during the summer.

The Patrick School coach Chris Chavannes said Harris has a good relationship with former high school teammate Dupree McBrayer. McBrayer, a Gophers sophomore guard, played with Harris for one season and graduated from The Patrick School in 2014.

"Jamir had the opportunity to play with Dupree as a freshman," Chavannes said. "That year when he came in we had a very good team. Dupree was a very composed player for us out here. They have similar demeanors. He taught Jamir a lot, and I think he would look forward to being under (McBrayer's) tutelage another year and help him make that transition from high school to college."

http://www.startribune.com/richard-...sey-to-see-2017-guard-jamir-harris/394201201/

Go Gophers!!

per Marcus: Richard Pitino travels to New Jersey to see 2017 guard Jamir Harris

Pitino and assistant Kimani Young were in New Jersey on Tuesday to see The Patrick School senior guard Jamir Harris, who has scheduled official visits to Minnesota on Sept. 30 and Stanford on Oct. 29.

Pitino and Young both watched Harris in the school's open gym and planned an in-home visit Tuesday.

The 6-foot-2, 180-pound three-star prospect is one of the top shooters in the senior class. Harris started with former four-star point guard and current Harvard freshman Bryce Aiken last season. He's capable of playing both guard spots and could be an option in the backcourt alongside Gophers point guard recruit Isaiah Washington.

Harris made an unofficial visit to the Gophers with his mother during the summer.

The Patrick School coach Chris Chavannes said Harris has a good relationship with former high school teammate Dupree McBrayer. McBrayer, a Gophers sophomore guard, played with Harris for one season and graduated from The Patrick School in 2014.

"Jamir had the opportunity to play with Dupree as a freshman," Chavannes said. "That year when he came in we had a very good team. Dupree was a very composed player for us out here. They have similar demeanors. He taught Jamir a lot, and I think he would look forward to being under (McBrayer's) tutelage another year and help him make that transition from high school to college."

http://www.startribune.com/richard-...sey-to-see-2017-guard-jamir-harris/394201201/

Go Gophers!!
I didn't know about the connection between Harris and Dupree. That can't hurt, unless Dupree stole his girlfriend before he left! [emoji14]

Could they possibly sign both and let someone go after season?

Per Evan Daniels tweet, Jamir has verbally committed to the Gophers !

Top Bottom