All Things 2016 Gophers in NFL Thread Updates

Doesn't sounds like folks in Baltimore are all that high on Maxx. :(

Vikings' Fruechte keeps battling for active-roster spot

Fruechte, a Caledonia native, had a topsy-turvy September. He was waived by the Vikings on Sept. 3 when they cut to 53 players, signed with the Detroit Lions, was waived after three weeks, and re-signed with Minnesota on Sept. 27.

He won't be in action today when the Vikings host the 3-1 Houston Texans at U.S. Bank Stadium, as he's still chasing that elusive active-roster spot.

“We just felt like it was a good opportunity for me to go and play in Detroit, and it was no hard feelings toward Minnesota or anything,” said Fruechte, who spent 2015 on the Vikings’ practice squad. “I would say I learned a lot from being in Detroit, even though it was a short-lived experience. I felt like I did everything I could to prove that I could play, but in this business it sometimes just doesn’t work out.”

Fruechte re-joined the Vikings knowing it will be a challenge to make the active roster. He’s fine with that, too.

http://lacrossetribune.com/sports/l...cle_dd302164-3f67-5051-84d1-3a835a06670a.html

Go Gophers!!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Gray had 3 catches for 81 yards today including a 53 yarder.

Good for Marqueis. That dude is awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

De'Vondre also came back from injury and had 3 tackles. Ra'Shede also blocked another extra point, the 4th of his career.

De'Vondre also came back from injury and had 3 tackles. Ra'Shede also blocked another extra point, the 4th of his career.

Saw Ra'Shede's block and I believe it won the game for the Falcons. Very cool.

How much playing time is our guy, Damien Wilson, getting? Really enjoyed watching him play here.

Saw Ra'Shede's block and I believe it won the game for the Falcons. Very cool.

How much playing time is our guy, Damien Wilson, getting? Really enjoyed watching him play here.

Falcons lost 26-24. Still cool though.

Wilson has seen pretty limited action with the Cowboys. He has seven tackles on the year through six games.

Wilson has been primarily playing on special teams but he was getting regular snaps at LB against GB yesterday, at least in the first half.

I'm not sure how much he has been active this year. His 3 catches yesterday were his first 3 of the season.

Grey has apparently taken that NFL role of the guy who can't seem to breakthrough... but also can't seem to go unemployed.

As far as injuries and body damage, that seems like a great gig.

Vikings signed Cedric Thompson this afternoon.

Campbell just forced a fumble with a big hit for Atlanta.

I haven't done this in awhile. Currently 12 Gophers are in the NFL. Three of those are with Vikings. Eric Decker and Marcus Sherrels have been in the NFL the longest (Both 2010).

Briean Boddy-Calhoun Cleveland Browns

De'Vondre Campbell Atlanta Falcons

David Cobb Chicago Bears

Eric Decker New York Jets

Isaac Fruechte Minnesota Vikings

MarQueis Gray Miami Dolphins

Ra'Shede Hageman Atlanta Falcons

Eric Murray Kansas City Chiefs

Marcus Sherels Minnesota Vikings

Cedric Thompson Minnesota Vikings

Maxx Williams Baltimore Ravens

Damien Wilson Dallas Cowboys

De'Vondre Campbell had quite the game last night. Led both teams in tackles with 9 (8 solo) and had 1 forced fumble.

Boddy Calhoun with a nice early pick for the Browns. Blanketing Steve Smith for the 1st Q

PiPress: Vikings release former Gophers safety Cedric Thompson from practice squad

The Vikings took a one-month look at safety Cedric Thompson and evidently weren’t impressed.

The Vikings released the former University of Minnesota player from the practice squad Saturday after signing him Oct. 25. A corresponding move was not made, and there is one spot open on the 10-man squad.

http://www.twincities.com/2016/11/2...s-safety-cedric-thompson-from-practice-squad/

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom