All Things 2016 Gophers in NFL Thread Updates

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Not an ex Gopher, but it does not justify a thread: Seantrell Henderson runs afoul of NFL drug testing. 10 game suspension.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

What is going on with Eric Murray? Injured?
I'm happy that Campbell, BBC, and Wilson are all having good seasons.

Go Gophers!!

This is great to see!!

Vikings add former Gophers WR Isaac Fruechte to active roster, agent says

With the Vikings having three injured wide receivers, they are bringing Isaac Fruechte up from the practice squad.

Fruechte’s agent, Blake Baratz, announced on Twitter on Friday that the former University of Minnesota receiver will join the 53-man roster for Sunday’s finale against Chicago at U.S. Bank Stadium. He wrote that Fruechte, undrafted in 2015, is “beating the odds” and his “future is bright.”

The Vikings did not make an immediate announcement on a roster move. However, the receiver’s father, Carl Fruechte, said his son signed his deal on Friday morning and is looking forward to possibly playing Sunday in his first NFL regular-season game.

“He’s excited,” said Carl Fruechte. “He’s been wanting to help for the past two years and he’s appreciative. He just wants to do what he can and show the Vikings organization he can do it.”

http://www.twincities.com/2016/12/3...r-gophers-wr-isaac-fruechte-to-active-roster/

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Pro Football Focus has named Eric Murray as a first team NFL Special Teamer.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-2016-pff-all-pro-team/

"Special teamer
First team: Eric Murray, Kansas City Chiefs

Second team: Cody Davis, Los Angeles Rams

The term “special teams ace” gets thrown around a lot, but we’re looking to grade more than simply a tally of special teams tackles. Eric Murray was a key part of the Chiefs’ kickoff, kick return, punt coverage, and punt return units. He routinely made impressive blocks in the return game, and was often found beating blockers to force returners to change direction. "

Pro Football Focus has named Eric Murray as a first team NFL Special Teamer.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-2016-pff-all-pro-team/

"Special teamer
First team: Eric Murray, Kansas City Chiefs

Second team: Cody Davis, Los Angeles Rams

The term “special teams ace” gets thrown around a lot, but we’re looking to grade more than simply a tally of special teams tackles. Eric Murray was a key part of the Chiefs’ kickoff, kick return, punt coverage, and punt return units. He routinely made impressive blocks in the return game, and was often found beating blockers to force returners to change direction. "

Murray was always a good special teamer for the Gophers too. He'll have a long NFL career regardless of how well he plays at CB/S just because of this.

From Sid Hartman Column on 1/11/17

• There are four former Gophers playing in the NFL playoffs this weekend. Linebacker De’Vondre Campbell and defensive tackle Ra’Shede Hageman are with the Atlanta Falcons, who face the Seattle Seahawks at home on Saturday. Campbell had 48 tackles, one interception, and one forced fumble during the regular season. Hageman had 18 tackles and two sacks. Defensive back Eric Murray is with the Kansas City Chiefs, who play at home against the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday. Murray had eight tackles this season. Damien Wilson is playing linebacker for the Dallas Cowboys, who play host to the Green Bay Packers on Sunday. Wilson had 34 tackles this season.

Did Damien Wilson pick up an injury in the game? I saw him play the first couple of series but not after - not even on Special Teams. I could have just missed him of course.

Out of interest - who were the last former Gophers to win Super Bowl rings?

Did Damien Wilson pick up an injury in the game? I saw him play the first couple of series but not after - not even on Special Teams. I could have just missed him of course.

Spaeth

Yeah, Wilson got hurt. I listened on the radio and the sideline reporter mentioned Wilson was limping around in the 1st quarter...

Did anyone see Eric Murray solo tackle a kickoff returner at the 5yd line last night?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Please go to the Super Bowl, Hageman and Campbell.
Please?
Pretty please?
Pretty please with sugar on top?

Hageman with a sack on Rodgers. Campbell has been getting a lot of playing time.

against the packers no less. makes it more enjoyable to root for the falcons.

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom