All Things 2016 Gophers in NFL Thread Updates

BleedGopher

Reaction score
With the season about to start, figured we'd have a thread with updates for the season.

Go Gophers!!

per Sid:

• There are nine Gophers on NFL active rosters, with the Jets’ Eric Decker the only one not to play under Jerry Kill. Briean Boddy-Calhoun is with Cleveland, De’Vondre Campbell and Ra’Shede Hageman with Atlanta, MarQueis Gray with Miami, Eric Murray with Kansas City, Marcus Sherels with the Vikings, Maxx Williams with Baltimore and Damien Wilson with Dallas.

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-defense-has-work-to-do-before-big-ten-play-begins/393007121/

Go Gophers!!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Read a blurb on ESPN. Did Campbell really start for the Falcons? Wow.

I know David Cobb is now on the Steelers practice squad. Any other Gophers on a practice squad or still getting a look? (Vereen, Cedric Thompson, Fruechte, Cockran, etc. Also, did Spaeth retire?)

I know David Cobb is now on the Steelers practice squad. Any other Gophers on a practice squad or still getting a look? (Vereen, Cedric Thompson, Fruechte, Cockran, etc. Also, did Spaeth retire?)

Brock Vereen Kansas City. Issac Fruechte Lions.

I don't know if Spaeth has come out and said he is done but I think it is unlikely he will play again.

Eric Decker had 6 catches for 126 yards and 1 TD tonight. He's pretty good.

Eric Decker had 6 catches for 126 yards and 1 TD tonight. He's pretty good.

He's quietly an elite WR. He only had five TDs and didn't crack 1000 yards in his first year with the Jets, so most people chalked it up to Peyton Manning making him look better than he actually was. Of course, Geno Smith being the QB in NY that first year probably had something to do with it.

I didn't see Campbell on the field much today for the Falcons - does anyone know if he has been replaced as a starter or did he pick up an injury?

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

BBC with the start for the Browns. Gave up a post pattern TD early- but just had a Pick6! Go Gophers!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boddy-Calhoun with a pick six for Cleveland!

And Sherels with the punt return TD for the Vikes.

Go Gophers!!

per Sid:

• Vikings special teams coach Mike Priefer spoke of the great job Marcus Sherels has done returning punts, after the former Gophers walk-on scored his fourth career punt return touchdown last week at Carolina. “I think he has taken every punt the past six years,” Priefer said. “He has been a guy who has been very reliable — he always has been out there. And he is willing to learn and is willing to listen. He is willing to study the opposing team’s punter, their gunners, how they cover and what our objectives are.”

http://www.startribune.com/vikings-coach-mike-zimmer-is-weary-of-giants-offense/395591551/

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Sherels remains one of my favorite Vikings. On top of being a Golden Gopher, which of course raises him up, the guy is just a flat out worker on the field. Every game, every play, the dude is out there making tackles, forcing fumbles, picking people off and returning touchdowns. Despite being an undrafted free agent, Sherels has made a great name for himself by just being a hard worker year in and year out.

BBC had a nice little blitz sack yesterday on Kirk Cousins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

per Sid:

• Former Gopher and current Jets wide receiver Eric Decker has a partial tear in his rotator cuff, and it sounds as if he will miss quite a bit of time but avoid surgery. Meanwhile Briean Boddy-Calhoun, the former Gophers safety, recorded a sack in the Browns’ 31-20 loss to Washington last week, and in the game before that, a loss at Miami, Boddy-Calhoun had four tackles and an interception return for a touchdown.

http://www.startribune.com/vikings-thielen-makes-great-strides/396096421/

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom