Trevor Releford's top two: Oklahoma and Alabama

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Dave Telep:

Trevor Releford is certain to take a pair of visits. Will he need more? The Bishop Miege point guard gives Scout.com the rundown on his recruitment.

Trevor Releford, Scout.com’s No. 72 prospect in the senior class, completed the second annual Chris Paul Elite Backcourt Academy this weekend. Releford was one of the event’s top ball handlers and standouts in 3-on-3 competition.

The 5-foot-11 Shawnee Mission (Kan.) Bishop Miege point guard is working his way through the recruiting process. Releford has help. His brother Travis Releford, is entering his sophomore season at Kansas. He’s shared his thoughts about the decision making process and what to expect with his younger sibling.

“When you get to the next level, everybody is going to be good,” Trevor said. “If you don’t bring it every night then you sit on the bench.”

Releford told Scout.com that he’s considering Oklahoma, Alabama, Tennessee and Arizona with two programs in his upper tier.

“I feel like I got to know (the head coaches) real good like Oklahoma and Alabama. The other ones I really haven’t gotten a chance to (know them). I’m going to go to Oklahoma the first week and then Alabama.”

Releford, who’s friend Justin McCay committed to playing football at Oklahoma, has seen the Sooners campus and attended Alabama’s elite camp.

He stressed that the relationship with the head coach is going to be a major factor for him going forward. “At the end of the day, that’s who’s going to be playing me.”

http://minnesota.scout.com/a.z?s=176&p=2&c=889031

Go Gophers!!

This recruiting class is making me nervous.

If anyone is interested, ESPN has updated (8/17) player rankings for both the 2010 and 2011 classes.

Well, in light of that, Corey Joseph becomes even more imperative.
Clipped from Hoopmasters:

Cory Joseph has huge week at Adidas Nations...

One of the fastest rising guards in the nation, 6-3 Cory Joseph led all scorers at the Adidas Nations...

We received a heads-up from Henderson, NV Findlay Assistant Coach Todd Simon on the stellar play of 6-3 point guard Cory Joseph at the Adidas Nations event this past week.

Findlay's Cory Joseph led the entire Adidas Nations Tournament in scoring last week in Dallas, TX with 22.8 points per game. Cory led the Canada squad to the finals of the event. Cory received much praise as perhaps the top player in the event with scoring games of 33, 29, and 33 in key games. Keying a win against an undefeated Team USA 2011 Cory had 33 points, 12 rebounds and 6 assists.

In his last two high school seasons, Cory is 103-2 overall as a starting point guard. Cory lead Findlay Prep to a 33-0 season and a high school national championship. Prior to moving on to Findlay, Cory was the point guard on back to back Provincial championship teams at Pickering High in Canada. Last season at Findlay, Cory averaged 10.5 points per game, 6.5 rebounds, and 5.1 assists while leading the team with 50.4% shooting from beyond the arc.

This sweet shooting point guard is currently considering Florida, Arizona, Connecticut, Texas, Georgetown, Villanova, Kansas, Marquette, Louisville, Minnesota, Virginia Tech, Texas A&M, and UNLV at this point.

I'm not nervous about this recruiting class. Our roster is stacked top to bottom. Unless we get a blue chipper, I feel we should not take in any schollies this year. Incoming freshmen have to be seeing that they won't be getting much playing time the next two years - it's going to be hard to get any #50-150 players this year because of that. Only a top-50 player might seen the court next year.

I'm not nervous about this recruiting class. Our roster is stacked top to bottom. Unless we get a blue chipper, I feel we should not take in any schollies this year. Incoming freshmen have to be seeing that they won't be getting much playing time the next two years - it's going to be hard to get any #50-150 players this year because of that. Only a top-50 player might seen the court next year.

I was thinking the same thing. There is no need to settle for guys this year who will have a difficult time cracking the rotation over the next few years. Unless we get a player we are high on for 2010, we might as well save the scholly and wait a year. Ohio State is prime example. They have absolutely nobody coming in for 2009, but if you look at their 2010 class it is amazing. If I remember correctly, they have two 5 star players and three or four 4 star guys coming in. They are going to be a handful in a couple of years if guys stick around.

I was thinking the same thing. There is no need to settle for guys this year who will have a difficult time cracking the rotation over the next few years. Unless we get a player we are high on for 2010, we might as well save the scholly and wait a year. Ohio State is prime example. They have absolutely nobody coming in for 2009, but if you look at their 2010 class it is amazing. If I remember correctly, they have two 5 star players and three or four 4 star guys coming in. They are going to be a handful in a couple of years if guys stick around.

Normally I would agree. However, over the next 2 years we are going to be graduating 7 players on our current roster. The 2011-2012 season might be rough, having 6 scholarship players plus whatever incoming freshman/JuCo transfers we have that year. This is, of course, purely hypothetical.

Not to say that I don't think Tubby has time to pull in a couple quality players yet this year.

Top Bottom