Search not working?

Word

Eats difficult conversations
Reaction score
When I try to search, I get this message:
Word, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I've searched before many times and never used to get this message. What am I doing wrong? or is something wrong with my account or the message board?

Over the 10 or so years of us using the current vBulletin software program to run the message boards, we have registered hundreds of thousands of posts. The message board saves every single one of these posts. When someone uses the search function, it literally searches every single post ever made on this board and spits out the results. With the traffic as high as it is, we often have dozens of people regularly searching at the same time, which puts a tremendous amount of stress on the back-end of the site, and was one of the main reasons why the site would slow down from time to time. We are working with the vendor on a solution.

In the meantime, we recommend using Google to search GopherHole. Just go to Google, and type in your search and add "+ GopherHole" so if you want to search Carter Coughlin, go to Google and type in Carter Coughlin + GopherHole and you will very quickly get many, many threads from years past and it will take you directly to those threads.

Thanks for understanding.

I was able to search before also with no issue. But, suddenly starting a few weeks ago, I was never ever able to do a search. I automatically get this error message below at every attempt:

"vBulletin Message
connection to 192.168.20.118:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused)"

Top Bottom