Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Quote Originally Posted by tikited View Post
    Not saying whether the kids cheered or not but this happened years ago.

A kid came in to let me know that Paul Wellstone was killed in the plane crash back in 2002. I went out in the hallway to watch the news feed with my neighboring teacher. I witnessed a girl (I knew her) skipping down the hallway singing, "ding dong the witch is dead." I yelled out, "Classy Laura" She didn't skip a beat and went on. Her name wasn't really Laura..
    Teenagers have been trolls since before trolls were even a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by stocker08 View Post
    It's laughable to think that this is true. Quillette is just some libertarian rag that deuce wants to believe. Truth is....this is fake news.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Itís not libertarian. And this isnít the point of the article. Youíre using it to distract from your personal support for our current system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Section2 View Post
    Itís not libertarian. And this isnít the point of the article. Youíre using it to distract from your personal support for our current system.

No. I'm laughing at this opinion piece and the laughable claim that this real life (wink wink) teacher's class was cheering when they heard about the attacks. I'm also laughing at quillette.

Personal support for the current system? I wouldn't say that.

Quote Originally Posted by diehard View Post
    Don't bother reading the thread beyond the OP.
    Sometimes when I'm having a bad day, I open up one of these off-topic threads, read through it a little bit and I almost instantly feel a lot better about myself.

No. I'm laughing at this opinion piece and the laughable claim that this real life (wink wink) teacher's class was cheering when they heard about the attacks. I'm also laughing at quillette.

Personal support for the current system? I wouldn't say that.

I see. Youíre laughing at this piece, but couldnít explain why. Are you a sadist? Thereís nothing funny about kids trapped in schools where they canít learn if they want to. More like prison. Funny.

I see. Youíre laughing at this piece, but couldnít explain why. Are you a sadist? Thereís nothing funny about kids trapped in schools where they canít learn if they want to. More like prison. Funny.

Trying to make the system sound as ****ed up as possible by lying about students celebrating the 9/11 terrorist attacks? How about make your point without the garbage attached. That's such a joke that it's hard to get past. Try something better than quillette.

Trying to make the system sound as ****ed up as possible by lying about students celebrating the 9/11 terrorist attacks? How about make your point without the garbage attached. That's such a joke that it's hard to get past. Try something better than quillette.

So you didnít read it.

So you didn’t read it.

The article about classrooms erupting in cheers as the towers fell on September 11th?

The article about classrooms erupting in cheers as the towers fell on September 11th?
    Hahahhahaha!!! You really are dorker. Couldnít you have made slightly more of an effort to pretend you read the article?

Hahahhahaha!!! You really are dorker. Couldn’t you have made slightly more of an effort to pretend you read the article?

You have disregarded articles from sites that you consider to be "fake news" right off the bat in the past. And I'm supposed to read your junk quillette article that starts with the author lying about how they were a teacher when the 9/11 attacks occurred and their classroom erupted in cheers?

Get real, victim2. How about some footnotes? Or better yet. A credible article from someone who isn't clearly a complete hack.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GophersInIowa View Post
    Sometimes when I'm having a bad day, I open up one of these off-topic threads, read through it a little bit and I almost instantly feel a lot better about myself.
    Yes indeed. Some threads are better than a participation trophy for building self-esteem. Many of our posters have forfeited their right to a participation trophy. Sad.
    Kingdom Warriors

Quote Originally Posted by diehard View Post
    Yes indeed. Some threads are better than a participation trophy for building self-esteem. Many of our posters have forfeited their right to a participation trophy. Sad.
    Thanks for the awesome grown-up post!

You have disregarded articles from sites that you consider to be "fake news" right off the bat in the past. And I'm supposed to read your junk quillette article that starts with the author lying about how they were a teacher when the 9/11 attacks occurred and their classroom erupted in cheers?

Get real, victim2. How about some footnotes? Or better yet. A credible article from someone who isn't clearly a complete hack.
    You are so embarrassing

You are so embarrassing

It's not my fault that you have nothing more than a joke article. Try harder or stay in the corner.