Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

The majority of the charter schools in Minnesota are progressive wet dreams that are failing our students. Better oversight by sponsors is helpful, but often the sponsors are progressive social work non-profits that have no knowledge of educational best practices.
    Very few have measurable student outcomes, which are driven by solid research.

In the end, the kids become the lab rats in a failed experiment. The problem is you can't get a do-over for your kids failed education. Sadly, overly romantic, liberal followers who live in poverty, follow these pied pipers to their child's detriment.

The first rule of order is to be proactive in your child's education. Research and demand excellence from any school you choose for you child.

Quote Originally Posted by Costa Rican Gopher View Post
    Sometimes it's better to just not say anything at all.
    You undercut the validity of your points by making exaggerated, unsubstantiated or under substantiated claims. That's perfect for Drudge and Breitbart. (HuffPo does the same thing, but to a lesser degree.)

Quote Originally Posted by Costa Rican Gopher View Post
    charters are almost exclusively located in inner cities
    Haha, what?!? No, they aren't. How did you dream up this fiction?

Quote Originally Posted by dpodoll68 View Post
    Haha, what?!? No, they aren't. How did you dream up this fiction?
    Perhaps he's referring to nationwide.
    Minnesota has a unique charter school system where the schools are independent of local districts. This allows for greater out state (rural) charter school development. Most states tie the charter schools to local districts so they act more like Minnesota's magnet school system. In that system, I would agree that most charter schools are in urban districts.

Blog Entries

St Cloud State uses HBO for their online post graduate courses. Same place stocker got his information on the FAIRTax. LOL.

Government schools in the US have drooped to the bottom of the developed world rankings. Charter schools are not a guaranteed success. It is a mammoth effort to open one to be successful. Mammoth.

I doubt that many of you know much about charter schools beyond Comedy Central and HBO.
    Kingdom Warriors

Quote Originally Posted by diehard View Post
    St Cloud State uses HBO for their online post graduate courses. Same place stocker got his information on the FAIRTax. LOL.

Government schools in the US have drooped to the bottom of the developed world rankings. Charter schools are not a guaranteed success. It is a mammoth effort to open one to be successful. Mammoth.

I doubt that many of you know much about charter schools beyond Comedy Central and HBO.
    You don't have to search very much to find the major problems with the failtax. Maybe I'm giving you too much credit.

It's more than a little ironic that you repeatedly attempt to mock St. Cloud State. You are the worst school board member in the worst school district in one of the most poorly educated states in the country. You are in a state that cares more about bathrooms than kids, mall cop.

https://quillette.com/2019/02/10/pub...-dirty-secret/

Phenomenal must read article.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Section2 View Post

This link is loaded with truths about failed public education. Teacher Unions, academics, and Ds advocate for this American peril. On tOTB you have jammer and Jake actively defending and promoting it. I don't see our teachers supporting it. That says something. Minnesota certainly hasn't caught NY or CA is these areas, but it is coming. There a clear racial element to this and it damages everyone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    Kingdom Warriors

Very interesting one sided, unsubstantiated opinion from one person.

This link is loaded with truths about failed public education. Teacher Unions, academics, and Ds advocate for this American peril. On tOTB you have jammer and Jake actively defending and promoting it. I don't see our teachers supporting it. That says something. Minnesota certainly hasn't caught NY or CA is these areas, but it is coming. There a clear racial element to this and it damages everyone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    What’s the racial element?

Never heard of quillette.com , not going to look it up or click on the link. Will assume it is hyper-biased and agenda driven.

Should be on the link provider to provide a summary or directly quote a summarizing section of the article.

Quote Originally Posted by Gophers_4life View Post
    Never heard of quillette.com , not going to look it up or click on the link. Will assume it is hyper-biased and agenda driven.

Should be on the link provider to provide a summary or directly quote a summarizing section of the article.
    Quillette is a platform for free thought, so it's not for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gophers_4life View Post

The article is fantastic and I know people personally that would back it up 100%. Here is a couple clips of it that summarize the main point, but you should read it for yourself as this teacher describes what she personally saw:

Bad teaching is a common explanation given for the disastrously inadequate public education received by America’s most vulnerable populations. This is a myth. Aside from a few lemons who were notable for their rarity, the majority of teachers I worked with for nine years in New York City’s public school system were dedicated, talented professionals. Before joining the system I was mystified by the schools’ abysmal results. I too assumed there must be something wrong with the teaching. This could not have been farther from the truth.

Teaching French and Italian in NYC high schools I finally figured out why this was, although it took some time, because the real reason was so antithetical to the prevailing mindset. I worked at three very different high schools over the years, spanning a fairly representative sample. That was a while ago now, but the system has not improved since, as the fundamental problem has not been acknowledged, let alone addressed. It would not be hard, or expensive, to fix.

It is not poor teaching or a lack of money that is failing our most vulnerable populations. The real problem is an ethos of rejection that has never been openly admitted by those in authority.

Why should millions of perfectly normal adolescents, not all of them ghettoized, resist being educated? The reason is that they know deep down that due to the color of their skin, less is expected of them. This they deeply resent. How could they not resent being seen as less capable? It makes perfect psychological sense. Being very young, however, they cannot articulate their resentment, or understand the reasons for it, especially since the adults in charge hide the truth. So they take out their rage on the only ones they can: themselves and their teachers.

They also take revenge on a fraudulent system that pretends to educate them. The authorities cover up their own incompetence, and when that fails, blame the parents and teachers, or lack of funding, or “poverty,” “racism,” and so on. The media follow suit. Starting with our lawmakers, the whole country swallows the lie.

Why do precious few adults admit the truth out loud? Because in America the taboo against questioning the current orthodoxy on race is too strong and the price is too high. What is failing our most vulnerable populations is the lack of political will to acknowledge and solve the real problems. The first step is to change the ”anti-discrimination” laws that breed anti-social behavior. Disruptive students must be removed from the classroom, not to punish them but to protect the majority of students who want to learn.
    Last edited by bga1; 02-11-2019 at 10:00 AM.