All Things Class of 2020 Recruiting Thread

What were Madsen’s offers? Any good high major offers?
Iowa, Marquette, Northwestern, Virginia Tech, and Xavier according to 247. That's for Gabe, in addition to Cincinnati of course. No other high majors for Mason. But I thought that playing together was a big priority for them, so I kind of doubt Gabe would abandon Mason at Cincinnati to flip to Minnesota.

He doesnt say that the MN high school kid will come to the gophers. He says he hopes.

Fuller says Pitino reaches out to Miami of Ohio grad transfer Nike Sibande. Sounds like many have including Kentucky, Arkansas, Xavier.

Fuller says Pitino reaches out to Miami of Ohio grad transfer Nike Sibande. Sounds like many have including Kentucky, Arkansas, Xavier.
Some are kicking the tires. He is very close with Scruggs at Xavier. pretty mediocre efficiency numbers but some of that would be attributed to poor teammates.

Some are kicking the tires. He is very close with Scruggs at Xavier. pretty mediocre efficiency numbers but some of that would be attributed to poor teammates.
I wish we could look into somebody that would help next year, he will have to sit a year.

The guys we wanted are Garcia, Walton, Suggs, Madson and Carlson. Who would it be?
I thought all these guys have signed LOIs (except Walton?). A commitment is easy to change but I didn't think it was allowed to change your school once you've signed on the dotted line - if you could change would you be subject to the "sit one year" transfer policy?

I thought all these guys have signed LOIs (except Walton?). A commitment is easy to change but I didn't think it was allowed to change your school once you've signed on the dotted line - if you could change would you be subject to the "sit one year" transfer policy?

Humphries had signed an LOI at Duke, but got released and was allowed to "come home" by NCAA. So it can happen. I'm sure a kid could make an easy case for it in this COVID environment

Someone that signed the LOI would have to be released by that school which happens all the time but if that was the case you would probably hear about it when they asked for their release.

I'm thinking Suggs or Walton, neither have signed an LOI, not sure if Suggs ever signed though.

I still like El-Amin from Ball State. He had a nice year, could get a little better, and with the nice El-Amin name. I'd take him. He's a grad transfer.

39% from 3. About 14 PPG. Took a nice jump from Soph. to Junior year. Move Gabe and Tre into more of a 3 role if you have Carr, Mashburn and El-Amin

Gabe unable to rebound at all from the 3 better off at the 2

Nobody said it's not okay. At all. What's nauseating is literally nearly every post ties back to how our coach isn't good enough and if we were smart we'd have one of these handful of coaches that are mentioned in the last few posts.

Dude, we get it. We got it a few years ago. The coaching situation is not changing for next season. Talk about something that WE CAN control.
Oh. But it is changing. You will see

Another guy who seems likely to sit a year is interesting.

SO what happened to this sure thing home town star that was ready to come back?

Looking at this kid as an attacking/scoring PG?! What about Carr?

Go Gophers!!

I don't think that means he'd be taking Carr's spot/role. We need a #2 PG and they could play together while both playing like point guards (attacking and creating like he said).

I don't think that means he'd be taking Carr's spot/role. We need a #2 PG and they could play together while both playing like point guards (attacking and creating like he said).
It depends on how much of a role Mashburn is expected to play I guess. If you're only gonna give him 10 minutes max, then Salnave might be able to get around a max of 10 too (figuring conservatively that Carr and Kalscheur play 30 on average). Leaves Ihnen and Williams to split the 3, and Johnson/ Omersa/ Robbins (hopefully)/ Curry (if healthy) for the 4 and 5. Don't see much from Greenlee this year unless the plan is to limit Mashburn and give him some backup PG minutes. Don't see much for Mitchell or Freeman unless Robbins isn't eligible and we have to help fill in his 25 minutes or so.

Top Bottom