All Things Class of 2020 Recruiting Thread

One time Gopher commit and Missouri transfer Tray Jackson has committed to Seton Hall

Hopefully we can put a lid on this thread when carr pulls out of draft.

Next years roster is looking nice. Each player has potential. No dead roster spots

Hopefully we can put a lid on this thread when carr pulls out of draft.

Next years roster is looking nice. Each player has potential. No dead roster spots
Hopefully this will mitigate the loss of Oturu. Pitino has had a real tough time filling out a roster but maybe he will be able to play more than 6 people this year

CBS: Ranking college basketball's top 10 transfers of the 2020 recruiting cycle

4. Liam Robbins
Old school: Drake | New school: Minnesota

Robbins needed a year at prep school to lose weight and attract college interest after high school, but his rise has been meteoric since he got on the right track. The 7-footer will now get to test his game in the sport's toughest league after a breakout sophomore season in the Missouri Valley Conference. The Iowa native averaged 14.1 points, 7.1 rebounds and 2.9 blocks this season. If his game continues progressing on its current trajectory, he'll be a force in the Big Ten in his remaining two seasons of eligibility.

Go Gophers!!

per Marcus:

Peterson, who said he picked Minnesota over Creighton and Vanderbilt, has two years of eligibility remaining, but he is hoping to be able to play immediately next season.

“Minnesota kind of stuck out to me from the beginning,” Peterson told the Star Tribune on Monday. “It’s a great academic school and business school as well. But I really liked the roster for next year. They brought in a few transfers already. So, I think we really have a good shot to make some noise.”

The Gophers acted quickly to fill their last scholarship after Hopkins four-star guard Kerwin Walton announced earlier Monday he was picking North Carolina. Peterson joins fellow transfers Liam Robbins (Drake) and Brandon Johnson (Western Michigan) to commit to the Gophers during the late signing period.

Pitino’s pitch to Peterson was that he could fill a similar role to former Gophers star Amir Coffey, who had an All-Big Ten season in 2019. Peterson resembles Coffey’s all-around game and size, as a big guard with the ability to shoot from deep, facilitate and attack in pick-and-rolls.

“I had a great virtual tour with them,” Peterson said. “They really emphasized getting a guy who is versatile, can help facilitate and be a do-it-all guy. I think I can fill that role with their team.”

“Coach Pitino emphasized he wants to me to come in and play right away,” Peterson said. “I’m going to do anything in my power, but I hope the [NCAA] meeting goes well May 20. Coach Pitino wants me ready to go, so hopefully we can get me playing first year.”

Go Gophers!!

“Coach Pitino emphasized he wants to me to come in and play right away,” Peterson said. “I’m going to do anything in my power, but I hope the [NCAA] meeting goes well May 20. Coach Pitino wants me ready to go, so hopefully we can get me playing first year.”
That solves that.

Sorry built

Every thread I click on, it's Bleed with this tweet.

It's like being stabbed again ... and again ... and again ... please make it stop! :cool:

Whoever Kevin is, lets hope hes got the inside info! But this does sound a lot like "the ticket guy told me a HUGE name is coming here!" story.

Who is Kevin? 300 ish followers?

Hey, we can dream right?

I mean, it couldn't possibly be Kerwin. We know that.

Could it really be Suggs?? Doesn't want to go so far from home now?

Kevin is a good dude. No idea how reliable his sources are but he's a MN HS referee in the metro area for what that's worth.

The guys we wanted are Garcia, Walton, Suggs, Madson and Carlson. Who would it be?

Top Bottom