All Things Class of 2020 Recruiting Thread

Nobody said it's not okay. At all. What's nauseating is literally nearly every post ties back to how our coach isn't good enough and if we were smart we'd have one of these handful of coaches that are mentioned in the last few posts.

Dude, we get it. We got it a few years ago. The coaching situation is not changing for next season. Talk about something that WE CAN control.

Agreed, I like Pitino, but am ready to move on. Since he's here, he's going to get my support to get program going.

In sports I'd rather be optimistic and wrong than owly and negative and right.

I think coach should get 4-5 years minimum. We're going on year 8 with Richard. I've seen some good things, but the good hasn't outweighed the bad.

He seems to only respect Gard, Bennett, and Texas Tech coach
And how Stevens did it, Painter, Mike White, Rhoades, Cronin, Wright, Holtman. Bennett and Gard because i was afforded access and insight to how they went about their business, how sharp they were. It is similar to how i watch and study a business before investing. It is all simply my take as it relates to building a program, character, evaluation, defense, redshirting....what happens to them after playing in college and on and on. If it is bothersome or repetitive to posters simply block me. Great feature, i use it to block people i feel are offering nothing.

And how Stevens did it, Painter, Mike White, Rhoades, Cronin, Wright, Holtman. Bennett and Gard because i was afforded access and insight to how they went about their business, how sharp they were. It is similar to how i watch and study a business before investing. It is all simply my take as it relates to building a program, character, evaluation, defense, redshirting....what happens to them after playing in college and on and on. If it is bothersome or repetitive to posters simply block me. Great feature, i use it to block people i feel are offering nothing.

No reason to block you. One can enjoy your contribution nice and some of you're repeating points annoying. Not mutually exclusive.

It's a message board, I don't expect everyone share my opinion

The Texas Tech coach is named Chris Beard and he's phenomenal. He's also said good things about Jay Wright and many others who in the industry are pretty well respected. Why is it not ok to respect elite coaches?
It is fine.

BADGER takes potshots at RP constantly, and you are right here to run cover. I have yet to see you take BADGER out at the knees when he potshots RP. And, that is what BADGER truly needs. BADGER is the ultimate FRAUD.

Aaaaaaaand ignore.
I mean you could ignore BarnBurner but you have to respect the man's dedication. The guy chases Built all around GH in order to call him a fraud and a fake fan. The rest of us don't even have to call Badger out at this point.

Also, I'm about 90% certain Built throws in digs at Pitino and our program's recent lack of success on purpose. So I don't really mind Barn jumping off the deep end and covering all of the bases.

I mean you could ignore BarnBurner but you have to respect the man's dedication. The guy chases Built all around GH in order to call him a fraud and a fake fan. The rest of us don't even have to call Badger out at this point.

Also, I'm about 90% certain Built throws in digs at Pitino and our program's recent lack of success on purpose. So I don't really mind Barn jumping off the deep end and covering all of the bases.
You mean citing facts of record, failures to build a program identity and losing thousands of fans and millions of dollars. Yet i am still there cheering the team on. I want success, i never cheer for his teams to lose. They are not personal in nature.

BADGER is a FRAUD and LIAR. BADGER says it is not personal with RP.

Why else would you take potshot after potshot at him? You need to up your % certain about BADGER.

BADGER is a FRAUD and LIAR. BADGER says it is not personal with RP.

Why else would you take potshot after potshot at him? You need to up your % certain about BADGER.
Burner... you are sounding like Chicken Little with all of your screaming about Built. Everyone on the board knows the situation and has their own opinions. Please go back to making contributions to the discussion instead of acting like 3 year old that has just learned a swear word. It is beneath you to act like this, you have gotten your point across on numerous, numerous, numerous occasions. Do it for the team....

Burner... you are sounding like Chicken Little with all of your screaming about Built. Everyone on the board knows the situation and has their own opinions. Please go back to making contributions to the discussion instead of acting like 3 year old that has just learned a swear word. It is beneath you to act like this, you have gotten your point across on numerous, numerous, numerous occasions. Do it for the team....
I cant stand dishonest folks, and I get what you are saying.......

2020 recruiting is still ongoing. We have 1 scholarship remaining made available by the timely graduate transfer of Payton Willis. We may have 2 scholarships available if Marcus Carr somehow someway gets drafted or decides to go pro overseas.

Current focus as far as high school prospects are:
Kerwin Walton: SG, Hopkins HS, 6'5", 4* prospect top 100

Transfer prospects:
Petersen: SG/SF, Rice, 6'8" Good outside shooter
A bunch of others including an El-Amin. But the kid mentioned above seems to be the favorite.

Please fill in the rest with what we are after, not coaching complaints! I think there are separate threads for that.

2020 recruiting is still ongoing. We have 1 scholarship remaining made available by the timely graduate transfer of Payton Willis. We may have 2 scholarships available if Marcus Carr somehow someway gets drafted or decides to go pro overseas.

Current focus as far as high school prospects are:
Kerwin Walton: SG, Hopkins HS, 6'5", 4* prospect top 100

Transfer prospects:
Petersen: SG/SF, Rice, 6'8" Good outside shooter
A bunch of others including an El-Amin. But the kid mentioned above seems to be the favorite.

Please fill in the rest with what we are after, not coaching complaints! I think there are separate threads for that.

Carr will be back next season, at least that's what Pitino told the media according to what Carr told the coaching staff.

Kerwin Walton is Pitino's top priority right now, has been for quite a while. In doing some digging on the Arizona and UNC 247 sites, everybody is in a holding pattern because nobody who would know actually has any new info. It's a 3-horse race between those 2 and the Gophers, and according to the Arizona site, they and the Gophers feel like they have a real shot. He'll decide by the 25th.

If Walton doesn't stay, Drew Peterson is the top target.

Carr will be back next season, at least that's what Pitino told the media according to what Carr told the coaching staff.

Kerwin Walton is Pitino's top priority right now, has been for quite a while. In doing some digging on the Arizona and UNC 247 sites, everybody is in a holding pattern because nobody who would know actually has any new info. It's a 3-horse race between those 2 and the Gophers, and according to the Arizona site, they and the Gophers feel like they have a real shot. He'll decide by the 25th.

If Walton doesn't stay, Drew Peterson is the top target.

I prefer Walton for no other reason than we KNOW he will be able to play immediately. Great to crack the D-1 safe room for the Gophers too, but I think Coach takes a big risk in bringing in two guys who would be major contributors that may have to sit out a year.

I certainly could have missed it but has Kerwin said for sure the 25th he is going to decide? I know we are getting more transfers every day and its a slower process than normal but would be nice to have this wrapped up and be able to focus on who is on the squad

I certainly could have missed it but has Kerwin said for sure the 25th he is going to decide? I know we are getting more transfers every day and its a slower process than normal but would be nice to have this wrapped up and be able to focus on who is on the squad

Definitely true, but what we are going through will be typical going forward. I fully expect most years will be filled with pursuing key components for the next season in April and May. I don't like it, but that's what we live with. I think it's bad that we are asked to pony up for tickets before knowing the schedule. Soon enough, we'll be ponying up without knowing the roster.

What is going to change between now and the 25th?

What haven't you researched, talked about, thought about, in several months leading up to this?

It makes my mind immediately go to places where "certain people/organizations" need that time to "negotiate" certain "amounts of things, for other things". I don't want to go there.

Get on with it.

What is going to change between now and the 25th?

What haven't you researched, talked about, thought about, in several months leading up to this?

It makes my mind immediately go to places where "certain people/organizations" need that time to "negotiate" certain "amounts of things, for other things". I don't want to go there.

Get on with it.
Arizona and UNC have to have enough time to figure out how much is in the "kitty" and then need time to gather up more.

Arizona and UNC have to have enough time to figure out how much is in the "kitty" and then need time to gather up more.
Like I said, I don't want to go there. But what else am I supposed to think???

That Kerwin is going to be pacing back and forth in his bedroom this week, with his wall sectioned off into three quadrants, one for each school, with pictures, facts, etc. displayed in each quadrant? A dart board setup perhaps? Turtle race?

Come on ...

I get the idea that HS players are getting paid but Walton? Really? He's barely a top 100 player. Where would the line in the sand be drawn regarding who gets paid and who doesn't? You can't pay them all. Or maybe you can for all I know.

Regardless, if that's the deal with Walton, since we are saying Arizona and UNC pay players and we don't, then it's time to move on if that matters for Walton. I don't know if it's being said in jest, but I don't think other schools ponying up is an issue in this one.

I think for Walton he's still trying to figure out what he wants more: go to the U of M and step into a significant role right away, or go to AZ or UNC and maybe have to wait.

I get the idea that HS players are getting paid but Walton? Really? He's barely a top 100 player. Where would the line in the sand be drawn regarding who gets paid and who doesn't? You can't pay them all. Or maybe you can for all I know.

Regardless, if that's the deal with Walton, since we are saying Arizona and UNC pay players and we don't, then it's time to move on if that matters for Walton. I don't know if it's being said in jest, but I don't think other schools ponying up is an issue in this one.

I think for Walton he's still trying to figure out what he wants more: go to the U of M and step into a significant role right away, or go to AZ or UNC and maybe have to wait.
It was a joke to why hes waiting so long. That's it!

It was a joke to why hes waiting so long. That's it!
I couldn't tell. Thanks for putting me in my place.

But, let's go back to the question. If it's true that schools are paying players, how good do you have to be to get paid?

I couldn't tell. Thanks for putting me in my place.

But, let's go back to the question. If it's true that schools are paying players, how good do you have to be to get paid?
I never thought about it until your post. Made me think. Your probably right. Those guys dont need to pay someone like walton. If they dont get him they'll find the next best guy. I guess we will too.

Like I said, I don't want to go there. But what else am I supposed to think???

That Kerwin is going to be pacing back and forth in his bedroom this week, with his wall sectioned off into three quadrants, one for each school, with pictures, facts, etc. displayed in each quadrant? A dart board setup perhaps? Turtle race?

Come on ...
ec0cd6edfb857e67f375ea3221ac3206.jpg

The answer is in the stars.

There is a celestial event which only happens every 167.5 years on the night of the 24th at 11:47:49 CST which will reveal to Mr. Walton which of the schools will be illuminated in his room by the alignment of several stars and bent by a large black hole. Kerwin is deeply invested in astrology and believes this mystical occurrence will guide him on his way to the best decision for his future.

In other words, he doesn't have a clue, we don't have a clue, his parents don't have a clue, but by God, one way or another for a reason maybe no one other than he knows, he is going to make his decision known on the 25th!

Maybe.

This is perfectly reasonable.

But G-D, how much time does it take to make such a decision? Again I ask, what will change between this evening and Saturday? Announce it tonight.

Top Bottom