All Things Class of 2020 Recruiting Thread

I just learned today that Jonathan Davis is also the name of the lead singer from the band Korn.

Also Wisconsin's first in-state commit since 2017. Their second since 2015.

There has only been a few offers on the table in that time. Joey Hauser being the most notable. There have been a few I think they would like to do over, like offering Sam Hauser!! Halliburton, I am sure a couple more, but no one else really stands out. Minnesota has been better by leaps and bounds from a recruiting standpoint. The depth and quality has been very high. The Davis brothers, Both of them could be very special.

How long have D1 programs been looking at him? Seems like most of the talents are being looked at in the 9th grade.

I believe his first offer was in 9th grade. Not sure why that matters though?

There has only been a few offers on the table in that time. Joey Hauser being the most notable. There have been a few I think they would like to do over, like offering Sam Hauser!! Halliburton, I am sure a couple more, but no one else really stands out. Minnesota has been better by leaps and bounds from a recruiting standpoint. The depth and quality has been very high. The Davis brothers, Both of them could be very special.

I would say Tyler Herro is pretty notable and stands out.

So I guess “All Things...” also means all schools? I naively thought it was just for the U!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Incredible time at NBA top 100. Awesome variety of players that are wired to win national titles. High skills, super high hoops IQ and man strength for nearly every kid. The coaches for these teams are NBA players who played high college level and there is a whole education piece about how to conduct yourself, how to pick a college etc.. very impressive.

Did I say it matters? I’m just asking a question

No, sorry, I was confused. You asked that question in reply to me asking why you didn't see the offer coming, so I thought maybe you were surprised by the offer since we weren't after him sooner.

2017 had
4* Tyler Herro
4* Joey Hauser
4* Jordan McCabe
3* Tyrese Haliburton

This thread is for 2020 Gopher recruiting updates. If you want to talk about a different topic please start a new thread. Future Off-topic posts will be deleted.

This thread is for 2020 Gopher recruiting updates. If you want to talk about a different topic please start a new thread. Future Off-topic posts will be deleted.

Great ! The Gopher staff was there for part of it and were watching 2020 kids.

No, sorry, I was confused. You asked that question in reply to me asking why you didn't see the offer coming, so I thought maybe you were surprised by the offer since we weren't after him sooner.

All is good. Back to securing future Gopher recruits that will make a difference

Crowl and Garcia have takes about playing for the Gophers together. Garcia has had similar talks with Suggs as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garcia, Crowl, Suggs and either Walton or Madsen would be a top 5-10 national class.

Didn't Dainja work Crowl at Gopher team camp or something like that? Or was that a different one of the local kids.

I don't believe Crowl was at the Minnesota team camp. Would be interesting, should he get an offer, does he commit? What impact does that do to the rest of the 2020 kids?

If you could get a class of Garcia, Crowl and either Walton or Madsen, that would be great.

Didn't Dainja work Crowl at Gopher team camp or something like that? Or was that a different one of the local kids.

Dain works a lot of dudes. Crowl is developing and getting better. I worry about taking him with a Freeman on the roster, but if you can talk them into redshirting, then we have may have something. Good chance Oturo may be gone after this year too so that might not even be feasible.

He worked Freeman over last year pretty well

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

This is what I was thinking of, my bad Abrams.

I'm with Winona Goph though, one of the top 50 guys (Suggs, Garcia, Dainja) and a couple of the others like Crowl, Madsen, Walton, would make this an excellent class imo.

I don't believe Crowl was at the Minnesota team camp. Would be interesting, should he get an offer, does he commit? What impact does that do to the rest of the 2020 kids?

If you could get a class of Garcia, Crowl and either Walton or Madsen, that would be great.

Madsen lit up the Gopher team camp from what I heard. Walton is the better shooter I believe.

My guess is the feel around campus is Dainja is not interested in the gopher because they both play the same position. Crowl is more a project. Garcia can play 3 spots so his versatility would be huge is he stays.

My guess is the feel around campus is Dainja is not interested in the gopher because they both play the same position. Crowl is more a project. Garcia can play 3 spots so his versatility would be huge is he stays.

Also could be a way to hopefully speed Dain up? I was hoping Dain's move to Pulley and what sounds like CDH would be helpful for the gophers, but if he doesn't want to be here that's fine. Lets find someone who does.

You think Dainja isn't interested because he and who play the same position?

I have heard Dainja will struggle to get admitted wherever he chooses to commit to. Also I was at the Gopher Team Camp and Madsen was the best player all weekend. Kendall Brown was the only other player the could compare to him during team camp. Hadley did not look like a big ten player. Walton was good but Madsen looked better this past weekend. I think the most likely scenario is we get 1 of Garcia, Suggs, or Dainja, and 1 of Crowl/Carlson & 1 Walton/Madsen plus 1 out of stater & 1 Transfer

I have heard Dainja will struggle to get admitted wherever he chooses to commit to. Also I was at the Gopher Team Camp and Madsen was the best player all weekend. Kendall Brown was the only other player the could compare to him during team camp. Hadley did not look like a big ten player. Walton was good but Madsen looked better this past weekend. I think the most likely scenario is we get 1 of Garcia, Suggs, or Dainja, and 1 of Crowl/Carlson & 1 Walton/Madsen plus 1 out of stater & 1 Transfer
I would recruit for four, spot always opens up expectedly. If we're really in Suggs top three and there's talk of him, Garcia and Crowl wanting to play together than we need to make that happen. I really like Walton, could be a great three and D guy, but with Madsen, I don't know why, but the first time I watched him I got the same feeling I did with Gabe, the first time I saw him play as a tenth grader, that this kid is destined for greatness. I think Suggs is one and done, Garcia probably two and done, Crowl is a four or five year guy, and I think Madsen one of those guys who can be very good for four years. There's about seven guys in this years in state class that would look great in Maroon and Gold. Obviously can't get them all, but a couple will go along to putting a good team together and would make Pitino's life a little easier

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Interesting stuff on twitter where a website posted Dain had committed to Baylor I believe. It was taken down immediately

https://twitter.com/DDainja/status/1141544161507794944

Top Bottom