All Things Class of 2020 Recruiting Thread

The gophs were 3rd best of Big Ten teams in defensive effective FG% this season

Built, listen to yourself once...

You started by saying we had a defense that was 10-11 in the conference and fryguy22 politely pointed out that we had finished 7th. You said that 7 wasn't average out of 14 teams and Urbandale politely pointed out that it is by mathematical definition. Then you go off on your rant about how they all want to accept a mediocre team.

Nobody said that finishing 7th is a goal or that it is acceptable. We all expect better.
Stop making so much sense. Built will not be able to understand such logic.

The gophs were 3rd best of Big Ten teams in defensive effective FG% this season
Yes. We were top 50 in defense, we were 8-12. All for all the facts. Especially the bottom line of wins and losses and how we got there.

Notice Built's response in the threads on Robbins. Nothing that I saw to the effect of "nice get" for Pitino. No happiness from him. He did offer some skepticism that anyone offered Robbins before, a couple of posts later at least complimenting Robbins for improving. Built just does not at all seem like a Gopher fan to me, the reactions are just not normal. He may want the Gophers to win (not sure) but agenda trumps that for some reason.
He has an anti RP agenda, perhaps even an anti Gopher agenda - and BADGER is a FRAUD.

per Bossi:

On Sunday, Minnesota emerged as one of the big winners of the 2020 transfer cycle when Drake 7-footer announced that he was transferring to play for Richard Pitino and the Gophers.

A native of Davenport, Iowa, who was lightly recruited after prepping at Bel Aire (Kans.) Sunrise Christian, I did not see Robbins play in high school. However, I've had the chance to watch him develop at Drake where he averaged more than 14 points, seven rebounds and just under three blocks per game as a sophomore.

I am interested to see how well Robbins translates athletically to the Big Ten, but he's big, takes up space, has excellent timing as a shot blocker and good touch on the offensive end, out to about 15 feet, meaning he could extend into a pick-and-pop guy.

You never can quite be sure what you will get when a guy transfers up a level, but Robbins has improved drastically over the past few years and if he continues that trend he could go a long way toward plugging the hole that is left by Gophers' sophomore big man Daniel Oturu's departure to the NBA.

Go Gophers!!
Now Built should like him..... ha, ha

Now Built should like him..... ha, ha
Liked him before that. Glad we got him. Let us see if it translates to winning in the Big 10. I remember when the whole board loved IW,Jarvis and even our best talents but the winning did not follow.

You underestimate your home team. Are you one of those “fans” that recommend that the local recruits go out state?

I think it is more that we haven't heard a single thing about him being a target.

Pitino seems to have sent out offers shotgun style this spring. Maybe we sent him an offer, he expressed no reciprocal interest, but he still put us on his "final list" just to add drama/intrigue.

You underestimate your home team. Are you one of those “fans” that recommend that the local recruits go out state?
Nice shot ! It is not done as a fan. It is done as a professional opinion if in fact asked as a question if all criteria is answered . If all things were equal and the last one was who is the better coach and you know in your heart and by every ounce of evidence , why would you not answer honestly.

Great fit.
We're we strongly after him in the first place?

Don't recall hearing much about him in the last week or so.

Edit:. He wasn't offered by us or rated as a player by both Rivals & 24/7.
So not someone we were targeting.

Last edited:

lol seriously? surprised from the standpoint i had not heard this kid's name once but we are in his top 3 somehow and i am looking for gopher bball recruiting updates on a daily basis

lol seriously? surprised from the standpoint i had not heard this kid's name once but we are in his top 3 somehow and i am looking for gopher bball recruiting updates on a daily basis

Very true but Robbins came out if the blue as well. Poof he appeared.

D
Very true but Robbins came out if the blue as well. Poof he appeared.
Darius Miles is a high school kid, so his recruiting has been open all year. Robbins' interest in us was basically reported simultaneously to his transfer announcement.

I
D

Darius Miles is a high school kid, so his recruiting has been open all year. Robbins' interest in us was basically reported simultaneously to his transfer announcement.

I'm away of the difference, was just trying to show it wasn't the only instance of it occurring.

Nice shot ! It is not done as a fan. It is done as a professional opinion if in fact asked as a question if all criteria is answered . If all things were equal and the last one was who is the better coach and you know in your heart and by every ounce of evidence , why would you not answer honestly.
It wasn’t meant for you built, I think you try to do what you think is the best option for the player. As much as I may seem to push back on some of your comments, I have a great deal of respect for the knowledge you bring.

It was meant as a joke to the posters that seem to think the grass is always greener some place else. As in: I can’t believe he would pick Minnesota over Dayton, it is such a better program....

GopherBlood666, is wasn’t meant for you either, I just used your comment to set up my response..

I see your point, but there is a lot of discussions going on that the fans and “hot shot” recruiting sites know nothing about. Especially at this time when recruits can’t visit schools.

It wasn’t meant for you built, I think you try to do what you think is the best option for the player. As much as I may seem to push back on some of your comments, I have a great deal of respect for the knowledge you bring.

It was meant as a joke to the posters that seem to think the grass is always greener some place else. As in: I can’t believe he would pick Minnesota over Dayton, it is such a better program....

GopherBlood666, is wasn’t meant for you either, I just used your comment to set up my response..
My apology . I actually think that the grass is often greener at Minnesota. Like Oturo, hometown, favorite team. I also think that young kids that have a chance to go away should consider that as thee are things gained in growth by being away.

I see your point, but there is a lot of discussions going on that the fans and “hot shot” recruiting sites know nothing about. Especially at this time when recruits can’t visit schools.

Probably a lot of discussions that Pitino knows nothing about...

With Robinson committing well before his announced date, that might mean we have someone lined up to commit soon. Brandon Johnson or Kerwin hopefully
The train is leaving the station. There are only so many seats on the train so get your ticket punched while it is still good....

Top Bottom