All Things Class of 2020 Recruiting Thread

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals...tovers-ku-s-ncaa-fallout-illinois-jalen-green

“I am going to say Marquette for now, but I am not entirely confident, especially with a visit ahead to Indiana. Memphis and Minnesota have hosted him in recent weeks and while each should have a chance, the feeling is that it will come down to a battle between the Hoosiers and the Golden Eagles. Marquette has been the often-discussed leader for him, yet no one has picked up greater momentum within his recruitment than Archie Miller’s bunch. He will visit Bloomington on Oct. 25 and is slated to sign in November. Could his visit be enough to turn the tides and push Garcia towards the Hoosiers? Expect for a decision to be made within the coming weeks.” - Corey Evans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals...tovers-ku-s-ncaa-fallout-illinois-jalen-green

“I am going to say Marquette for now, but I am not entirely confident, especially with a visit ahead to Indiana. Memphis and Minnesota have hosted him in recent weeks and while each should have a chance, the feeling is that it will come down to a battle between the Hoosiers and the Golden Eagles. Marquette has been the often-discussed leader for him, yet no one has picked up greater momentum within his recruitment than Archie Miller’s bunch. He will visit Bloomington on Oct. 25 and is slated to sign in November. Could his visit be enough to turn the tides and push Garcia towards the Hoosiers? Expect for a decision to be made within the coming weeks.” - Corey Evans

Hopefully his info is outdated.

I can't imagine Indiana doing anything less than putting the full-court press on him during his visit to commit, then and there. They will put on an impressive show.

If he doesn't commit to them on his visit, then we still have a good chance.

Surprised Marquette is in the mix. Is he catholic? Wojo has some some players for personality-related reasons.

Surprised Marquette is in the mix. Is he catholic? Wojo has some some players for personality-related reasons.

Me too. Also they have recruited two other pfs haven't they?

Yeah not citing much other than feelings, so I’m not sure he has much info. Hopefully it’s all speculative. Local rumors on the board suggest we are in as good of position as any.... which is honestly a good place to be with a top 30ish recruit.

Me too. Also they have recruited two other pfs haven't they?

Yeah, two guys in the top 80. One is 6-7 225 and the other 6-9 180. Can probably find room on the court for those two and Garcia at once?

I don't think a guy like this is going to make a bet on one of the four unless it becomes obvious. If he weights it before there is an sure direction he takes a chance on losing credibility. There is no upside for him in saying we are the favorite, if we are indeed the favorite as most of us believe.

I'm sure the two guys who have already committed to the UofM make it more attractive for Garcia or anyone else.

Muscadin to Kansas. I'm sure he'll enjoy the NCAA sanctions about to rain down on that program.

We haven't offered him and I don't believe we are even recruiting him at all right now.

I think it is our man Garcia or we wait until spring for a late riser or signer...or another senior transfer like Demir. Garcia or bust!

I think it is our man Garcia or we wait until spring for a late riser or signer...or another senior transfer like Demir. Garcia or bust!

Agreed, even though not always wise to put all eggs in one remaining basket, this is one heck of a basket. I trust if they miss on him, they will pick up someone in the spring. They clearly are not going to be as good as Garcia, but hopefully a decent enough fill in while we wait to put everything in on Holmgren! :)

We haven't offered him and I don't believe we are even recruiting him at all right now.
He'd be a great get as a walk on, 6'6" combo guard, but I'm sure he's good enough to go to a small major on scholarship

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

What about Walton? Is he looking to hold out until the spring? Give me the 6’5” “elite” shooter any day.

On a related note. Huge get for Michigan today. Will be interested to see what Howard does with high level talent.

On a related note. Huge get for Michigan today. Will be interested to see what Howard does with high level talent.

From Raleigh, NC too - Duke and UNC better shut down the boarders or they will never build a quality program.

FYI - I know I don't post much - so the snark isn't directed at you Built - just pointing out that top-talent leaves every state

From Raleigh, NC too - Duke and UNC better shut down the boarders or they will never build a quality program.

FYI - I know I don't post much - so the snark isn't directed at you Built - just pointing out that top-talent leaves every state

I know its not at me. And your right, the very best talent in the rankings rarely stay home. And if your not a blue blood those rankings mean little. You beat them by scouting better and developing better. Have seen it done at several programs i follow.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.freep.com/amp/3986924002

Be nice if I didn’t have to google to find out what you are talking about.
And guys...the random subjects in these threads make every body a detective trying to decipher who “he” is or commenting without any idea who you are talking about. There are always multiple possibilities.
Thanks
Appreciate the heads up on Isaiah Todd.

Terrible example, they've both got the brand name but they've both benefited from the get paid to play scheme going on the last decade or more.

Terrible example, they've both got the brand name but they've both benefited from the get paid to play scheme going on the last decade or more.

That makes the example even better then. Even with all of those advantages you just described, kids still leave the state!

Anyone know anything about this guy? Don't remember any reports about offering...

Top Bottom