All Things Class of 2020 Recruiting Thread

Gopher offer from April 2018. Did not make final five.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

We cooled on him

I know you're making a joke, but it doesn't sound like we recruited him hard, I'm guessing he showed little interest early

but I'm just going on the fact he's never really been a kid I've read about that we're recruiting hard, and obviously I don't know all those ins and outs

So what does our completed visit and upcoming visit situation look like:

Already Had Official
Garcia
Mitchell
Sibley
Berry
Muscadin

Oct 5 Weekend
Mashburn

Oct 12 Weekend
Gordon

Have Not Scheduled/Decided on Official
Walton

Who else am I missing?

Dowouna considering UCF and Denver? Does he play hockey too?

Considering his top 5, not too worried he's going to blow up in college.

Really would love to get Mashburn this weekend and get the ball rolling. Gotta break the ice sometime

Really would love to get Mashburn this weekend and get the ball rolling. Gotta break the ice sometime

I believe Mashburn has an official set up for Wake Forest at the end of the month, so a commitment would be great but he may be waiting to complete all his officials before deciding. All things considered, we should definitely have at least one commit by early signing period, hopefully more!

I believe Mashburn has an official set up for Wake Forest at the end of the month, so a commitment would be great but he may be waiting to complete all his officials before deciding. All things considered, we should definitely have at least one commit by early signing period, hopefully more!

I'm not sure only one commit in the early period would be a success. It could vary depending on if key targets stay uncommitted and we still have a chance, but with as many good players as we seem to be in on, if a few of them are not in the fold by early signing, I'm disappointed and maybe panicking.

The early signing period is in the middle of November, We should get 1-2 to pull the trigger by then.

Does any else get the impression that Pitino isn’t recruiting Walton as some other coaches, especially Sean Miller? Is Walton not showing much interest in the U?

Does any else get the impression that Pitino isn’t recruiting Walton as some other coaches, especially Sean Miller? Is Walton not showing much interest in the U?
Hard to say, other than a visit to Arizona, where he didn't commit, it's been fairly quiet on the Walton front. Pitino and his staff seem to always be around when there is something, but Walton and Garcia have been two of the quieter recruitments for players of their profile. Judging by past comments of wanting to be home and him saying he could see himself playing with Gabe or even backing him up, I'd imagine will be in it to the end

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I kind of feel that too, but you never know what his contact with him is day to day, even if it isn't in person. I'm hopeful we are still in it.

I kind of feel that too, but you never know what his contact with him is day to day, even if it isn't in person. I'm hopeful we are still in it.

The coaches can't talk about it so we normally get that from the players. We don't see local reporters or websites checking in on Walton to ask how it is going. My guess is that they have and he is laying low and not commenting, while he thinks it through. Some kids are like that and we have to respect that approach.

Jamari Sibley getting closer to a decision.

Four-star forward Jamari Sibley, who attends Oak Hill Academy in Mouth of Wilson, Va., has the Hawkeyes among his final two schools following a recent visit.

Sibley, a native of Milwaukee, Wis., declined to reveal the other team he is favoring, but he has scheduled to make a visit to Georgetown on Oct. 4, according to Rivals.com.

https://allhawkeyes.com/pages/news_list/details/674

Jamari Sibley getting closer to a decision.

Four-star forward Jamari Sibley, who attends Oak Hill Academy in Mouth of Wilson, Va., has the Hawkeyes among his final two schools following a recent visit.

Sibley, a native of Milwaukee, Wis., declined to reveal the other team he is favoring, but he has scheduled to make a visit to Georgetown on Oct. 4, according to Rivals.com.

https://allhawkeyes.com/pages/news_list/details/674

Maybe it's because I don't feel like I heard or read much about Sibley's visit, but I am not as optimistic on him as I am on Mitchell, Mashburn, Berry or even Garcia.

Maybe it's because I don't feel like I heard or read much about Sibley's visit, but I am not as optimistic on him as I am on Mitchell, Mashburn, Berry or even Garcia.

Speaking of Mitchell I thought that it was interesting that he said they told him that he would be more of a wing type. Appears to have solid handles as I guess he has grown quite a bit over the last few years.

Speaking of Mitchell I thought that it was interesting that he said they told him that he would be more of a wing type. Appears to have solid handles as I guess he has grown quite a bit over the last few years.

I think with this large roster turnover Pitino is making his move to follow the Beilein model at Michigan: stack the roster with long wings who can ideally shoot it from outside, but always have at least 4 shooters on the floor. They have been a factory over there as of late with Wagner, Teske, Iggy, Matthews, Livers, etc.

It looks like we are obviously recruiting Garcia with the same strategy.

“It’s just down to Cal and Minnesota,” (Mashburn Jr.) told the Star Tribune earlier this week. “Those are pretty much my main two I’ll be focusing on. After this Minnesota visit, I’ll sit down with my dad and have a long discussion about the pros and cons. The good and the bad to each program. Both are great programs with Pac-12 competition and Big Ten competition. I just have to make the right decision for myself and really think about it.”

Dancing gopher after the weekend?

“It’s just down to Cal and Minnesota,” (Mashburn Jr.) told the Star Tribune earlier this week. “Those are pretty much my main two I’ll be focusing on. After this Minnesota visit, I’ll sit down with my dad and have a long discussion about the pros and cons. The good and the bad to each program. Both are great programs with Pac-12 competition and Big Ten competition. I just have to make the right decision for myself and really think about it.”

Dancing gopher after the weekend?

No Wake huh? Cal is a good school, I'd say its 50/50

No Wake huh? Cal is a good school, I'd say its 50/50

Cal most likely can provide more playing time right away, but that has been a train-wreck (and Pac-12 bottom-feeder) program since Montgomery left. I'm thinking we have our first 2020 recruit right here...

Was it Berry who was down to us and NW? Seems like things have been very quiet with him lately. Maybe Pitino told him that Mashburn gets first call?

Was it Berry who was down to us and NW? Seems like things have been very quiet with him lately. Maybe Pitino told him that Mashburn gets first call?

That is what I was speculating earlier in this thread...basically that it seems like maybe Berry's offer isn't commitable until after Mashburn visits or at least Pitino told him he had to hold off until a certain date.

That is what I was speculating earlier in this thread...basically that it seems like maybe Berry's offer isn't commitable until after Mashburn visits or at least Pitino told him he had to hold off until a certain date.

Berry's last visits were with us and NW I believe, but I think he also had strong interest in Kansas or KSU. Has quieted down on his recruitment since the visit, haven't even seen anything about assistants visiting practice or things of that nature.

Berry's last visits were with us and NW I believe, but I think he also had strong interest in Kansas or KSU. Has quieted down on his recruitment since the visit, haven't even seen anything about assistants visiting practice or things of that nature.

I'm pretty sure after he took the MN and NW visits, he came out soon after and said he was not taking any more visits. He may very well feel like has made his decision but has to wait for some dominoes to fall.

Top Bottom