All Things Class of 2020 Recruiting Thread

Five-star Prior Lake senior Dawson Garcia plans Gophers official visit this weekend

Five-star Prior Lake big man Dawson Garcia will be the first Minnesota player in the 2020 class to take an official visit with the Gophers when he comes to campus this weekend.

Garcia, who is ranked as high as No. 22 nationally, recently narrowed his list of schools to seven, which includes Marquette, North Carolina, Indiana, Kansas, Arizona and Memphis.

The 6-foot-11 power forward visited the Gophers unofficially twice this fall, including for last weekend’s football game vs. Georgia Southern.

Pitino is also hosting four-star Chicago Bloom High school center Martice Mitchell on an official visit this weekend. The 6-10 Mitchell also has offers from Iowa, Xavier and Illinois.

http://www.startribune.com/five-sta...ophers-official-visit-this-weekend/561430992/

Go Gophers!!

Minnesota now has 3 crystal balls for Jamal Mashburn Jr., there seems to be a lot of steam on him being a Gopher.

Mash, Garcia, Walton

I'd be on board

That class would be incredible and actually seems realistic. I really want Walton, but would also be happy with one of the 2 athletic centers we're after too.

That class would be incredible and actually seems realistic. I really want Walton, but would also be happy with one of the 2 athletic centers we're after too.

There are a lot of ways this class could go I would consider a winner

Oh the mood swings of recruiting!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are a lot of ways this class could go I would consider a winner

Id pretty much consider any combination of 3 of the following a winner as long as one was a big:

Garcia
Walton
Berry
Mashburn
Gordon
Muscadin
Mitchell

Minnesota now has 3 crystal balls for Jamal Mashburn Jr., there seems to be a lot of steam on him being a Gopher.

Now 4. According to 247 he is visiting Cal this weekend so it's interesting that they're picking MN.

Id pretty much consider any combination of 3 of the following a winner as long as one was a big:

Garcia
Walton
Berry
Mashburn
Gordon
Muscadin
Mitchell

Samsie. I just posted my top 3 off top of my head

Now 4. According to 247 he is visiting Cal this weekend so it's interesting that they're picking MN.

Visiting here the following weekend i believe though not listed on 247 right now, but yeah according to the "insiders" they seem to think he is a lock to MN. Hopefully he's just checking out Cal for fun, and then will commit here on the following weekend.

Samsie. I just posted my top 3 off top of my head

Unless we just completely fall off from the momentum we have with all these visits we've had and that are upcoming, this fall is going to look a LOT different than 2018. Loving what I'm reading!

The most current SOS from Selection Sunday's thread

4 Minnesota

43 Duke
92 Gonzaga
30 Kentucky
66 Arizona
78 Memphis
62 Wichita State
59 Marquette

Looks like top players need to go to Minnesota in order to play against the best competition!

Oddly on our list of targets, Walton may be the only one who has not scheduled a visit with us yet. Hopefully we can rein him in for next weekend.

Garcia
Walton
Berry
Mashburn
Gordon
Muscadin
Mitchell

yup any 3 of those listed would be an awesome class....the highs on lows of recruiting is crazy haha

Would have been nice to get him in with Garcia.

Unofficial to Creighton is interesting. Maybe he felt like a road trip. But if he plans on making a decision this fall, you would think he would want to use all of his officials.

I was optimistic because we got on him reasonably early. But lots of competition

Pitino is going all-in on Garcia. Got the official visit and I've heard from a PL parent he's been at multiple 6am open gyms recently to watch Dawson before school, as have coaches from Indiana and Kansas.

Pitino is going all-in on Garcia. Got the official visit and I've heard from a PL parent he's been at multiple 6am open gyms recently to watch Dawson before school, as have coaches from Indiana and Kansas.

Man recruiting is a total grind for coaches like Pitino, going all in like that on a player who could change the program but could easily choose to go elsewhere as well

A recruit like Garcia( or Mathew Hurt) can help prolong his job …… just saying

Not sure where he stands, but feeling a lot better hearing that Pitino is putting in that time still. I feel as though he’s got a good sense on to when to pull the plug on the local guys who are stringing him out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man recruiting is a total grind for coaches like Pitino, going all in like that on a player who could change the program but could easily choose to go elsewhere as well

Was thinking the same thing. I would be so stressed out. Obviously, these coaches are well compensated, but the pressures of recruiting, games, running a program would send me over the edge. Life is too short.

Top Bottom