Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by whalenfan View Post
    You're wrong bud.
    I am? Gabe took an in official back in 2017. So I am not wrong about him being on the radar, I am also not wrong about the fact that relationships don't start at offers, which is the overall point of my post. The other poster proved my point when he said Fran showed up to a game his sophomore year and then just recently offered him nearly two years later, I would guess Fran would have talk to him if he went and watched, be a waste of trip otherwise. I'll concede that Gabe is recently more of a priority, but don't really see the big deal there

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Winona Gopher View Post
    Carlson is probably going to Xavier and if I don't have my maroon and gold colored glasses then I am guessing Suggs is going to Gonzaga if he wants to play basketball. Even though Dainja is a Baylor commit, I feel like his destination is more TBD.

I do believe they have a chance at Garcia, Madsen and Walton. I will add that if Garcia turns out to be a miss, then I would think an offer would go to Crowl and I think they would have a solid chance at landing him assuming it's not too late in the game.
    Aren't they supposed to watch Crowl soon? Gotta think an offer would come then

Quote Originally Posted by MinnGopher View Post
    Honestly would anyone be disappointed if we landed Madsen, Walton, and Crowl?

I'm not saying that we should quit recruiting others, I am simply asking, what would people think of that class?
    I think we would have a solid big man, a good three and D guard and a wing where the entire his gym is in range. Anyone else you can make room for

Quote Originally Posted by bemidjigopher View Post
    I am? Gabe took an in official back in 2017. So I am not wrong about him being on the radar, I am also not wrong about the fact that relationships don't start at offers, which is the overall point of my post. The other poster proved my point when he said Fran showed up to a game his sophomore year and then just recently offered him nearly two years later, I would guess Fran would have talk to him if he went and watched, be a waste of trip otherwise. I'll concede that Gabe is recently more of a priority, but don't really see the big deal there

He took an unofficial, not an official. I don't think he necessarily even has to meet with the coaches for it to qualify as an unofficial visit, so who knows how involved that was. You're right that relationships don't usually start when they get offered, but it does sound like the Pitino/Madsen relationship is pretty new.
    Last edited by Keyser Söze; 06-26-2019 at 05:52 PM.

Look man, the Madsens live next door to me. I dont think they even went on that unofficial they were just invited. This recruitment is just beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by bizzle22 View Post
    Yes.

I think the two most likely are Madsen and Walton.
    RJ thinks we would only take one of Madsen and Walton.

Personally, I'd love to take them both.

I'm setting my expectations low at this point. Crowl, and/or Madsen/Walton is the ceiling for this class and Minnesota kids. Suggs is going to Gonzaga, Garcia is going to Kansas, Carlson is going to Xavier, and Dainja is set at Baylor.

Quote Originally Posted by abrams View Post
    I'm setting my expectations low at this point. Crowl, and/or Madsen/Walton is the ceiling for this class and Minnesota kids. Suggs is going to Gonzaga, Garcia is going to Kansas, Carlson is going to Xavier, and Dainja is set at Baylor.
    In-state you could be right, but I think we might get Garcia. Plus out of state targets are available too. I know we are on some out of state PGs one from Texas and I can't remember the other.

Quote Originally Posted by whalenfan View Post
    Look man, the Madsens live next door to me. I dont think they even went on that unofficial they were just invited. This recruitment is just beginning.
    Will agree to disagree, but I think you're missing the point of my post. Anyways. Are you guys like Homer Simpson and Ned Flanders?

Quote Originally Posted by abrams View Post
    A solid 4 year wing and post is never a bad class. Haven't seen Crowl play, but it sounds like he's been improving and works hard. Madsen or Walton both have good length and would seem to be able to play big 10 basketball. We have wing depth and can allow for guys to develop.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeppelin Gopher View Post

If Ihnen can play the 4 then I don't see why you couldn't take both, need one big for 2019 but that should be enough if that is the case. I am assuming Madsen and Walton can switch off between the 2 and 3.

Quote Originally Posted by jovs View Post
    If Ihnen can play the 4 then I don't see why you couldn't take both, need one big for 2019 but that should be enough if that is the case. I am assuming Madsen and Walton can switch off between the 2 and 3.
    Two's and threes are pretty interchangeable in terms of what Pitino wants to do. I would take both, especially if Suggs is less likely, if all three want to be here, you can make room for Suggs. I would be thrilled with Walton, Madsen and Garcia.
    As far as today goes hopefully an official gets set up with Madsen, anything else is gravy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeppelin Gopher View Post

I think RJ is right though....our positional breakdown for the 2020 season before any commits looks like this....
    PG-Carr (JR), Greenlee (SO)
    Wings-Gabe(JR), Willis(SR), Williams(SO), Ihnen(SO)
    4-Curry (SR), Jarvis(JR), Ihnen (SO) (will be interesting to see what Curry ends up doing)
    5-Oturu(JR), Freeman(SO) (assuming Oturu doesn't go pro)

so looking at that on the wings we would have Gabe locked in as 1 starter. With a SR Willis, SO Williams, & SO Ihnen battling it out for the other spot. Lets say 1 of Walton/Madsen commit. 1st, I would agree that im not sure the Gophers would take another wing. & 2nd, even if the Gophers would I would for sure say that whomever the guy is that hasn't committed would take us off his list as that is a pretty good log jam for wings.....

Two's and threes are pretty interchangeable in terms of what Pitino wants to do. I would take both, especially if Suggs is less likely, if all three want to be here, you can make room for Suggs. I would be thrilled with Walton, Madsen and Garcia.
    As far as today goes hopefully an official gets set up with Madsen, anything else is gravy.

I would be thrilled with Walton, Madsen and Garcia as well....but like I said I would say even if the Gophers wanted to take both Madsen & Walton that the odds the 1 would commit if the other is already committed is slim

but heck I would be thrill with 1 of Madsen/Walton & Garcia.