All Things Class of 2020 Recruiting Thread

Will we let Berry sign before we know what Mashburn is going to do?

I'm assuming Mashburn is the more attractive recruit being a 4*.

Isn’t Berry more of a combo guard whereas Mashburn is more of an undersized two?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isn’t Berry more of a combo guard whereas Mashburn is more of an undersized two?

Not sure about Berry tbh, but that was my impression of him too. I think Mashburn shot the ball very well during EYBL play but I'm not sure if that is his strength or if he's good handles/solid d or anything else.

I'd love it if we could kick the class off with Berry. Good to see us active on all of the Sunrise players again after last year was a tough go with Sherfield/Tray Jackson.

Not sure about Berry tbh, but that was my impression of him too. I think Mashburn shot the ball very well during EYBL play but I'm not sure if that is his strength or if he's good handles/solid d or anything else.

I'd love it if we could kick the class off with Berry. Good to see us active on all of the Sunrise players again after last year was a tough go with Sherfield/Tray Jackson.

Going after another PF just makes me wonder about Garcia.

I’m embarrassed for not knowing. How many open scholarships do we have? 3, 4?

Either Berry or Mashburn would be a terrific start.

I still thing Garcia is a pipe dream considering who were competing against for him. If we land him somehow. WOW!

247 is saying Carlson to Wisconsin. Wonder who will get Creamed to make room, or maybe Hedstrom goes back to being a walk-on. Either way Badgers got a very good big to pair with Johnny Davis. Gard needed a strong class after the 18 and 19 debacles

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I think landing Berry would go along way with Dawson. Need to show that were bringing in talent. Either way we need someone to kick this thing off, might as well be a PG who can shoot

Okay so most of these highlight videos look good, but that is one of the more impressive ones I've seen... appears as though he can shoot it

Yeah, I thought it would be an all dunkfest. His 3pt shoot has a very low release point. It's too bad guys don't master shooting their jumpers from above their head at full extension like McHale.

Made him near unblockable.

247 is saying Carlson to Wisconsin. Wonder who will get Creamed to make room, or maybe Hedstrom goes back to being a walk-on. Either way Badgers got a very good big to pair with Johnny Davis. Gard needed a strong class after the 18 and 19 debacles

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zEqGWJd9Ahc?start=1951" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

The PBP announcer said Carlson to Wisconsin on this volleyball broadcast from 9/16. It came up, as his sister is a 6'4" Sophomore Outside Hitter for EastRidge. The announcer teaches in the district and has had at least three of the Carlsons as students, so he may have contacts. I texted him later and he said that the he had the info wrong and that Bucky was in the final five. Not sure if he was told to cover up the story he heard, as it hadn't been officially announced OR he had bad information. I suspect the former . . .

Last edited:

I am hoping that Berry, Mashburn or Muscadin give us the nod in the next several days to start the ball rolling. I could see us landing one of Mashburn/ Berry plus Muscadin and Walton this fall and then making a spot for Garcia in the spring. If Garcia likes it here and likes the staff but wants to compete for a championship, that scenario gives us a chance. There will be a fourth scholly, there always is.

I am hoping that Berry, Mashburn or Muscadin give us the nod in the next several days to start the ball rolling. I could see us landing one of Mashburn/ Berry plus Muscadin and Walton this fall and then making a spot for Garcia in the spring. If Garcia likes it here and likes the staff but wants to compete for a championship, that scenario gives us a chance. There will be a fourth scholly, there always is.

Eric Curry grad transfer? History would say you are correct, just wondering who already on the team would transfer out.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zEqGWJd9Ahc?start=1951" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

The PBP announcer said Carlson to Wisconsin on this volleyball broadcast from 9/16. It came up, as his sister is a 6'4" Sophomore Outside Hitter for EastRidge. The announcer teaches in the district and has had at least three of the Carlsons as students, so he may have contacts. I texted him later and he said that the he had the info wrong and that Bucky was in the final five. Not sure if he was told to cover up the story he heard, as it hadn't been officially announced OR he had bad information. I suspect the former . . .

I’d go with he just messed it up. That would be really weird if this guys being told before it’s public info

Eric Curry grad transfer? History would say you are correct, just wondering who already on the team would transfer out.

Whoever sees minimal future playing time on the horizon. There is always at least one that is going to be disappointed with PT.

Looks like MN eliminated! Not that it seemed we really had a chance anyway...

But . . but. . . . but. . . Dawson is going to be a gopher . . . . so is Walton. . . .

Let's see should I go to a blue blood school like Kansas, NC, Arizona, etc or Minnesota who barley makes the big dance once every couple years.

Little Ricky needs to change his approach. He will probably get zero players from the university home state with the best class in the history of the state. Pitiful.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom