All Things Class of 2020 Recruiting Thread

You may be spot on. However, it would be awfully interesting if he chose the Gophers. If both he and Mashburn came on board you’d have to believe Pitino would find room for Dawson if he was interested. A good problem to have...but purely hypothetical.

That's possible, but I would be shocked. I just can't see us taking two smaller combo guards in this class.

That's possible, but I would be shocked. I just can't see us taking two smaller combo guards in this class.

Agreed. If you're going to take another guard and Garcia on top of Mashburn, would prefer Walton personally.

We’re not taking both. Berry is going to Northwestern and Mashburn will be a gopher

Hmm, Curry situation could open a scholly. School may apply for a medical exception like they did for Jarvis at this point.

I think Mashburn is the better get, can't have enough quality guards.

If we redshirt and they grad transfer out there is generally 2-3 reasons

They're not getting playing time-If that's the case not a huge loss
We suck-Can't say I blame the kid then
Coach is fired-Probably tied to prior, and again, can't blame the kid

One more thing not related to 2020 recruiting:

There is a fourth reason not listed, and that's grad transferring to a better program. We've seen that here with Akeem Springs and Alihan Demir. Both were getting playing time, the teams didn't suck, and the coach wasn't getting fired.

A prime example is Isaiah Moss of Iowa transferring to Kansas this year. There's absolutely a scenario in which a Gopher would grad transfer to a Blue Blood in search of greater glory.

One more thing not related to 2020 recruiting:

There is a fourth reason not listed, and that's grad transferring to a better program. We've seen that here with Akeem Springs and Alihan Demir. Both were getting playing time, the teams didn't suck, and the coach wasn't getting fired.

A prime example is Isaiah Moss of Iowa transferring to Kansas this year. There's absolutely a scenario in which a Gopher would grad transfer to a Blue Blood in search of greater glory.

Would be very weird considering next years team should be better than this years

Looks like 247 thinks Mashburn is a lock here and that Berry is a lock to Northwestern.

Mashburn, Michell and Garcia is looking like a real possibility!

Looks like 247 thinks Mashburn is a lock here and that Berry is a lock to Northwestern.

Mashburn, Michell and Garcia is looking like a real possibility!

The real question is if we don't land Garcia, who are we giving the 3rd scholarship to? We really need a big (especially with Curry possibly never playing again) and it seems we are on the outside with Muscadin and Sibley. I suppose it may be another spring time recruiting fill.

Would be very weird considering next years team should be better than this years

Sorry, that was just part of the general discussion of the value of redshirting an incoming freshman like Mitchell given the risk that he might transfer out down the line and we will have wasted a year.

We now return to the regularly scheduled 2020 recruiting discussion.

The real question is if we don't land Garcia, who are we giving the 3rd scholarship to? We really need a big (especially with Curry possibly never playing again) and it seems we are on the outside with Muscadin and Sibley. I suppose it may be another spring time recruiting fill.

Gordon is still visiting this weekend and obviously we hope Walton is still in the picture. Hard to know what he is doing with his remaining visits. All I have seen is UNC Oct 26 weekend.

Pitino indicated at the GLP practice yesterday that the visits for this weekend were rescheduled due to the inclement weather. He said "I'm not stupid!"

But with Curry out, we could now offer them more playing time sooner?

Hmm, Curry situation could open a scholly. School may apply for a medical exception like they did for Jarvis at this point.

What're the odds this happens? Very unfortunate situation and I feel bad for the kid, but if we could get a fourth scholly opened up it could make this our best recruiting class in a couple decades.

Mitchell
Mashburn
Garcia
Walton?

What're the odds this happens? Very unfortunate situation and I feel bad for the kid, but if we could get a fourth scholly opened up it could make this our best recruiting class in a couple decades.

Mitchell
Mashburn
Garcia
Walton?

Was thinking the same thing!

Definitely would be up there. Rodney and that guy who played for ISU were both 5* players. That's the recent nadir for recruiting.

Definitely would be up there. Rodney and that guy who played for ISU were both 5* players. That's the recent nadir for recruiting.

Yeah if we would've kept Royce White he would've been a hell of a player for us.

Sorry to be pedantic, but "nadir" would indicate a recent low point for recruiting ;)

Rodney was a 4-star. 1 spot away from being a 3-star on Rivals.

Mashburn on the 14th...I wonder, do the players let the coaches know. Does Pitino's staff have it so they know what they need to do? I would think so.

Mashburn on the 14th...I wonder, do the players let the coaches know. Does Pitino's staff have it so they know what they need to do? I would think so.

The dancing Gopher can't just start dancing at a moment's notice, it needs some advance warning to warm up.

I definitely think Pitino knows where he stands with Mashburn. Hence, Berry deciding to announce this week out of the blue.

I definitely think Pitino knows where he stands with Mashburn. Hence, Berry deciding to announce this week out of the blue.

He cancelled visits like a month ago, not sure if it was really out of the blue. I do agree that Pitino probably knows though.

Maybe it’s the logistics for his announcing party. Takes some time to get it setup.

Top Bottom