All Things Class of 2020 Recruiting Thread

We are in the heart of 2020 recruiting. Please keep this thread focused on 2020 recruiting, non-2020 recruiting posts will be deleted.

Sorry again for my part. I created a 2nd thread for the other topic and thought i was posting there. My mistake.

This just got posted a few hours ago, it’s a workout video. He looks pretty coordinated for 7’3”. What’s better is he has a bit of an outside shot, decent form.
https://youtu.be/J_M_hg_uiOE

I suppose a few hours ago is recent enough. Looks like he has nice touch. Not quick or a great leaper, but he would be a 5-star if he was. I'm intrigued. Guessing Muscadin is the higher priority, but the more options the better.

I suppose a few hours ago is recent enough. Looks like he has nice touch. Not quick or a great leaper, but he would be a 5-star if he was. I'm intrigued. Guessing Muscadin is the higher priority, but the more options the better.

The more the better is right. Quite often it is your 2nd or 3rd choice that turns out to be your winner. I have dozens of examples of this.

Some Randy Breuer flashbacks? The ease with which he dunks makes you think the hoop is at 8 feet? .. lol. Totalllly agree about the shooting stroke! Like that a lot!

Thank you to poster posting the video!

Marquette just grabbed their 2020 PF. That can influence Garcia

Marquette just grabbed their 2020 PF. That can influence Garcia

Lots of Indiana fans on Twitter happy about that. Indiana appears to be have been on him hard. Apologies if that’s been discussed here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gophers are in to see Garcia quite a bit, just had a home visit, and it seems he's been around campus a lot lately. I'd say that shows we're still heavily in the mix. Doesn't mean we'll sign him but shows that there is still mutual interest. He's not going to invite the coaches to his home if he knows he's not going to MN.

So Marquette must be out of the running with Garcia since they have taken 2 PF types.

6'9" 190 lb PF Sounds more like a wing

6'7" 220 lb PF Sounds like a true big. But I wonder if he is really 6'7". Probably more like Murphy.

Last edited:

Gophers are in to see Garcia quite a bit, just had a home visit, and it seems he's been around campus a lot lately. I'd say that shows we're still heavily in the mix. Doesn't mean we'll sign him but shows that there is still mutual interest. He's not going to invite the coaches to his home if he knows he's not going to MN.

I'm optimistic.

Garcia is the type of player you take no matter what. If Pitino lands a big before Garcia commits somewhere, continue to go after him.

Lots of Indiana fans on Twitter happy about that. Indiana appears to be have been on him hard. Apologies if that’s been discussed here.

I noticed that too. In Dawson's tweet about cutting his list soon, the replies were flooded with Indiana fans. Hopefully he's not drawn in by the prospect of continuing the Indiana tradition of 5-star recruits playing in the NIT.

I guess I always considered Marquette, Xavier, and maybe Texas, UNC, and Kansas as being our biggest competition to get him, but it does kinda seem like Indiana might be after him hard. I wonder if Archie starts to feel some heat if he goes 3 straight seasons without a tournament appearance.

I'm optimistic.

Garcia is the type of player you take no matter what. If Pitino lands a big before Garcia commits somewhere, continue to go after him.

As with other recruits (per the recruits) a big selling point they use is the idea that they could use Garcia in a variety of ways at the 3 or 4 - therefore, landing a guy like Sibley may not hurt them with Garcia at all as it appears that Sibley is also flexible 3/4.

I noticed that too. In Dawson's tweet about cutting his list soon, the replies were flooded with Indiana fans. Hopefully he's not drawn in by the prospect of continuing the Indiana tradition of 5-star recruits playing in the NIT.

I guess I always considered Marquette, Xavier, and maybe Texas, UNC, and Kansas as being our biggest competition to get him, but it does kinda seem like Indiana might be after him hard. I wonder if Archie starts to feel some heat if he goes 3 straight seasons without a tournament appearance.

I wonder how Garcia's AAU coaches view Indiana given the fact that Race Thompson hasn't been given much of an opportunity there.

Archie felt the heat at IU from the day he took the job, that is what that job is. He may not get to the tourney this year but watch out after that as he builds a roster of his players and continues to focus on the culture. Recruiting at IU is going very well right now. Purdue is knocking it out of the park, MSU of course , Howard making big strides quickly and Nebraska. I like the chances of Garcia here but Kentucky and IU going in hard.

I wonder how Garcia's AAU coaches view Indiana given the fact that Race Thompson hasn't been given much of an opportunity there.

More worried about how they feel about MN as they send no one here outside of Michael Hurt. Been saying that for years. Felt like it was a jealousy thing with Pulley.

Archie felt the heat at IU from the day he took the job, that is what that job is. He may not get to the tourney this year but watch out after that as he builds a roster of his players and continues to focus on the culture. Recruiting at IU is going very well right now. Purdue is knocking it out of the park, MSU of course , Howard making big strides quickly and Nebraska. I like the chances of Garcia here but Kentucky and IU going in hard.

I saw Kentucky picked up a 4 star PF lance ware yesterday. Will that change their focus?

https://twitter.com/jackpilgrimksr/status/1172246611034103808?s=21

More worried about how they feel about MN as they send no one here outside of Michael Hurt. Been saying that for years. Felt like it was a jealousy thing with Pulley.

Its crazy to me that an AAU coach or director has that much power on a kid's college decision

Indiana is an Adidas school and he plays for an Adidas AAU program.

I saw Kentucky picked up a 4 star PF lance ware yesterday. Will that change their focus?

https://twitter.com/jackpilgrimksr/status/1172246611034103808?s=21

No idea, different kind of player. Plus, Cal is one of those guys who stacks as many great guys as possible because he can. Some guys shy away from early playing time, some do not. Do not think Dawson is afraid of challenging the best. Both the Suggs recruitment and especially the Garcia recruitment have been handled with very few whispers. Even Bossi is hearing nothing. Generally speaking, local kids that are highly recruited will pick a hometown school if that is there dream school. As that time moves deeper and the offers get better they pick better coaches and better programs. They pick who gives them the best chance to get the best they can, who gives them the best chance to win and who gives them them the best chance to play early. Few are mature enough to understand the long term benefits of things like redshirting. Best case for a local kid is he simply wants to stay home, that this is his favorite program and when that happens they usually choose fairly early. When it is a coach they are dying to play for it does not matter where they are from. UVA could not get the best local kids because they were not Duke or UNC. They offered early but when those kids got blue blood offers it was over and alot of those kids wait for those offers. Instead they got Hunter, Guy and Jerome out of state really early, those three wanted to play for Bennett, just like the recent class and the present class. Plus Hunter did the redshirt. I have no idea what these two will do.

Indiana is an Adidas school and he plays for an Adidas AAU program.

That must be why Matthew Hurt went to Indiana instead of a Nike school.

If you think D1 MN is sending their players to Adidas schools, you haven't been paying attention.

Last edited:

I would say Lance Ware and Dawson are the same player. Both are more finesse type power forwards who play more on the outside than inside. It's a big help that Kentuckey, NC, Marquette, Baylor all have guys that play similar spots. Dawson is holding out for Duke offer. If that doesn't happen my guess is there is a very good shot he goes to the UofM

I would say Lance Ware and Dawson are the same player. Both are more finesse type power forwards who play more on the outside than inside. It's a big help that Kentuckey, NC, Marquette, Baylor all have guys that play similar spots. Dawson is holding out for Duke offer. If that doesn't happen my guess is there is a very good shot he goes to the UofM

Have seen them both several times and my evaluation notes several differences in length, leverage, aggression and handle. No big deal, just a difference of opinion.

That must be why Matthew Hurt went to Indiana instead of a Nike school.

If you think D1 MN is sending their players to Adidas schools, you haven't been paying attention.

I think what they're getting at is it must by why Matthew Hurt is the only one from that AAU program to sign with the Gophers recently.

Do we have anybody here this weekend?

Top Bottom