All Things Class of 2020 Recruiting Thread

Can anyone list all the players we are currently in on? And have a realistic shot at?

Follow the 247 link above for Mashburn and click on the gophers under his interest and then go to their prospects tab. It lists a good chunk of them and has visits listed. Not always the most up to date but still very useful.

Gophers also didn't make the final six here. Previous offer.

Looks like October 5th is when he is coming according to 247, which is the weekend of the Illinois football game. Would love to add someone like him that can shoot it from deep.

https://247sports.com/Player/Jamal-Mashburn-Jr-94653/

Anyone else pretty optimistic that we end up with a damn nice class? We seem to be in on a lot of really good prospects.

I think that date is actually referring to when he visited last year.

Thanks guys for the recruiting updates.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On second glance, I'm thinking you are right...good catch!

Easy mistake since it doesn't show a year in his profile. Only reason I knew that is because I looked at the list of all upcoming visits and it showed the year there.

I just went to this guys 247 page and he listed a final five, which doesnt include the Gophers. And that list came out the same day of this article

As for Wilkinson. Looks like we offered him in early July, just before 4 of his final 5 schools offered him (all but UNLV). I would guess that definitely means we are out of the running.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Easy mistake since it doesn't show a year in his profile. Only reason I knew that is because I looked at the list of all upcoming visits and it showed the year there.

True...I did kind of think it was odd when I noticed it there and that RJ didn't include it in his tweet about Mashburn.

I'm actually glad it isn't that date. I hope we can get him here a little sooner than that and get the ball rolling. I know I'm being a typical MN sports fan but I am feeling rather optimistic about this class, and I think a solid commitment will get others moving.

Or maybe RJ made the same mistake as MinnGopher. His profile says he will visit Oct 5th and doesn't specify a year. Very misleading.
Or more likely he will take another official to Minnesota and the date just isn't officially set yet but is looking at October.

Or more likely he will take another official to Minnesota and the date just isn't officially set yet but is looking at October.

Yeah....I thought the same thing. The original tweet also didn't cite the date of the official visit to Wake Forest. It would appear the plan is a visit in October and it was just coincidence last year's visit was in October too.

Will Elvis be in the building?

Not holding my breath on this one. Gopher offer from last summer. Top 5 list expected today.

Not holding my breath on this one. Gopher offer from last summer. Top 5 list expected today.

I can't recall this guy. The reality is that we have offered about 30 guys and we are going to get turned down by bout 27. I hope the three we get are among our top tier wish list!

Another target that unofficially visited us last fall (I believe). Update on official visits upcoming.

Gopher target....scheduled for official visit with Minnesota on October 5th (per RJ). Just wrapped up an unofficial to Cincinnati

Update on Ebenezer Dowouna.....offer from last year. Maybe we cooled on him. :eek: No visit imminent.

https://hoopseen.com/news/player/20...owuona-now-moving-his-recruitment-visit-stage

Dowuona will officially visit Denver on August 20. He will go west again on August 30 for a trip to San Diego State. He’ll officially visit South Florida September 20. His coach, Joey Jerome, said trips to NC State and Pittsburgh are also in the works.

So we have an official vist from Mashburn and ??????

Talk about a slow start to the 2020 class.

So we have an official vist from Mashburn and ??????

Talk about a slow start to the 2020 class.

Ty Berry
Gabe Madson
DJ Gordon

Final six for Jakobi Coles -- not sure if visit scheduled

Last edited:

Top Bottom