All Things Class of 2020 Recruiting Thread

Do not have a daughter, do not hate Pitino but if i had a daughter he is not good looking enough to sleep with her. Besides, it is the other Pitino that we have to worry about that kind of conduct. My post was about how few decoms we have had, that is a compliment.

What are you drunk, Mr. Hurley?

Built is quickly rising (or plummeting) in my "worst Gopherhole poster" power rankings.

What are you drunk, Mr. Hurley?

Built is quickly rising (or plummeting) in my "worst Gopherhole poster" power rankings.

Built brings a lot to this board last time I checked. Just because he refuses to accept mediocrity as the new norm, and that he is passionate about bringing a winner to the basketball team, in my book that doesn't mean he can't be listened to. Pitino has work to do no doubt, and this year is make or break for him in many regards. After a certain amount of time, if you haven't displayed clear periods of excellence, then in all likelihood, another 10 years more won't show it either, which is what Built seems to be saying, and which I agree with.

Built brings a lot to this board last time I checked. Just because he refuses to accept mediocrity as the new norm, and that he is passionate about bringing a winner to the basketball team, in my book that doesn't mean he can't be listened to. Pitino has work to do no doubt, and this year is make or break for him in many regards. After a certain amount of time, if you haven't displayed clear periods of excellence, then in all likelihood, another 10 years more won't show it either, which is what Built seems to be saying, and which I agree with.

Correct, Built does bring some good insight and content to the board. He is not the only one that expects the U program to excel and compete for B1G titles, most all of us do. The reason Built takes so much flak is not that he has higher expectations, it is that he ignores that fact that most of his "excellent" coaches learned the ropes as a HC at lower levels of play. By the time they got to the major P5 level they had developed their style and grown into being good HC's. Pitino was thrown into the fire of the B1G and has had his "learning years" at the U. Many of us think that Pitino has grown and will be a very good coach at the U. We don't think some of Pitino's learning mistakes should define his whole career. Built tends to repeatedly bring up the same early recruiting mistakes with very little recognition of any of the things that Pitino has done well.

Correct, Built does bring some good insight and content to the board. He is not the only one that expects the U program to excel and compete for B1G titles, most all of us do. The reason Built takes so much flak is not that he has higher expectations, it is that he ignores that fact that most of his "excellent" coaches learned the ropes as a HC at lower levels of play. By the time they got to the major P5 level they had developed their style and grown into being good HC's. Pitino was thrown into the fire of the B1G and has had his "learning years" at the U. Many of us think that Pitino has grown and will be a very good coach at the U. We don't think some of Pitino's learning mistakes should define his whole career. Built tends to repeatedly bring up the same early recruiting mistakes with very little recognition of any of the things that Pitino has done well.

Thought this was the recruiting post.

Update on Jamal Mashburn Jr. from ZagsBlog:

As far as Minnesota, there is an obvious connection in that Rick Pitino coached Mashburn Sr. at Kentucky, and Richard Pitino is now the Minnesota coach.

“Obviously the Pitino connection, but the one thing I like about what Richard Pitino has done is he’s stayed away from me and his dad’s relationship and really built a relationship with Jay on his own rather than trying to be a legacy player,” Jamal Sr. said. “And I really appreciate that and Jay really appreciates that.”

Said Jamal Jr.: “Minnesota, they’ve been heavy on me and they’re communicating….This is about me. I know the relationship with the family is important and everything like that, but as far as the whole Pitino, his dad coached my father, I try to take that out of it and I try to say that’s cool and all that they have history, but then again I’m doing it for the future.”

https://www.zagsblog.com/2019/08/01/jamal-mashburn-jr-breaks-down-his-recruitment/

You know, one of the best recruiting classes we had in Gopher football recently was because Carter Coughlin committed early and he recruited many other top Minnesota guys to join him. Be nice if one of the top Minnesota high school basketball kids had that kind of personality. Get a couple or three this year (Garcia, Walton, Madsen?) and add Chet next year. I think we'd be out of the woods on our way to the top.

You know, one of the best recruiting classes we had in Gopher football recently was because Carter Coughlin committed early and he recruited many other top Minnesota guys to join him. Be nice if one of the top Minnesota high school basketball kids had that kind of personality. Get a couple or three this year (Garcia, Walton, Madsen?) and add Chet next year. I think we'd be out of the woods on our way to the top.

Yeah I’ve been thinking about that too. Minnesota kid or not, signing early as a highly touted recruit can only make it easier for the coach to fill out the class with other top talent. But, maybe Minnesota isn’t option one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I’ve been thinking about that too. Minnesota kid or not, signing early as a highly touted recruit can only make it easier for the coach to fill out the class with other top talent. But, maybe Minnesota isn’t option one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oturu did a great job too when he signed up early, Coffey brought Curry with him

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Only posted here even though Chet is involved, forget he's in the picture haha

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
<iframe scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets/widget_iframe.0639d67d95b7680840758b6833f06d87.html?origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.forums.gopherhole.com" title="Twitter settings iframe" style="display: none;"></iframe><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: none;" title="Twitter analytics iframe"></iframe>

Last edited:

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
<iframe scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets/widget_iframe.0639d67d95b7680840758b6833f06d87.html?origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.forums.gopherhole.com" title="Twitter settings iframe" style="display: none;"></iframe><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: none;" title="Twitter analytics iframe"></iframe><iframe scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets/widget_iframe.0639d67d95b7680840758b6833f06d87.html?origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.forums.gopherhole.com" title="Twitter settings iframe" style="display: none;"></iframe>

Can anyone list all the players we are currently in on? And have a realistic shot at?

Top Bottom