All Things Class of 2020 Recruiting Thread

Walton is extremely close to his family and wants to be close by, so he appears to be our best shot with the in-state recruits right now.

Evidently Crowl is put off that we waited so long to offer. RJ says it will be Wisky or Iowa at this point.

Where did RJ say this? Why did Crowl take the visits if he was so unhappy about the wait that was communicated by staff?

Walton is extremely close to his family and wants to be close by, so he appears to be our best shot with the in-state recruits right now.

I would be pumped to start with Walton and go from there. I figure he will be a top 125 overall player, and possibly higher. Allows us to get a ball handler and a big yet too.

Strange development with Crowl. Seems weird that you would feel slighted by a "late" gopher offer that happened an hour after seeing him live, but would go to Wisconsin who didn't offer him for a few weeks after their team camp and only offered two days before we did. Wonder if Pitino wanted a commitment and didn't get it.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Strange development with Crowl. Seems weird that you would feel slighted by a "late" gopher offer that happened an hour after seeing him live, but would go to Wisconsin who didn't offer him for a few weeks after their team camp and only offered two days before we did. Wonder if Pitino wanted a commitment and didn't get it.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I'm still waiting to see some more proof on this. I believe RJ would be in the know, so it must've been on the pay site forum? I haven't seen the gophers really offer any other bigs recently either, but I have been busy and easily could've missed it.

Yeah, I'm still waiting to see some more proof on this. I believe RJ would be in the know, so it must've been on the pay site forum? I haven't seen the gophers really offer any other bigs recently either, but I have been busy and easily could've missed it.

If we believe that Freeman was a good get and that Oturu will play another year after this- then we are in good shape at the 5. PF is where we really need Garcia or Carlson to come on board. One could look at the Crowl situation in two ways- either we are confident of Garcia/Carlson and slow played Crowl...or he turned us down. The latter would not be good news, obviously, but the former would be excellent.

At this point the gophers are trending towards zero instate guys in 2020. Crowl was our best bet, Walton has blown up, Madsen wants to play with his brother. It seems like Pitino has no relationship with these in-state kids. I think Garcia and Carlson are good as gone as well. Gopher apologist will point towards some random quote about Garcia or Carlson but they are not coming, zero percent change.

At this point the gophers are trending towards zero instate guys in 2020. Crowl was our best bet, Walton has blown up, Madsen wants to play with his brother. It seems like Pitino has no relationship with these in-state kids. I think Garcia and Carlson are good as gone as well. Gopher apologist will point towards some random quote about Garcia or Carlson but they are not coming, zero percent change.

Thank you for your very optimistic and very opinionated take on the 2020 recruiting class! May someone take a dump in the reservoir of your toilet today.

So you don't trust quotes from players? These kids don't need to lie. Madsen has said a couple times that they will do what's best for them, but they would of course like to play together, but they are not committed to it. RJ even says the gophs are in a good place with Garcia and have a chance. Oturo "blew up" and still came here. Coffey also had big offers.

Garcia isn't coming here. Sorry, he isn't. Garcia has NBA aspirations would you rather go to Kansas, Texas, North Carolina, etc or the Gophers who have not had a player drafted into the NBA for over a decade.

Garcia isn't coming here. Sorry, he isn't. Garcia has NBA aspirations would you rather go to Kansas, Texas, North Carolina, etc or the Gophers who have not had a player drafted into the NBA for over a decade.

I'm not saying he is coming here. Just point out that everyone around the kid says we are in a good spot with him. That means we have a relationship, if he chooses an offer he feels better, more power to him. I don't think he comes here either, but we've done a good job recruiting him. I still think we end up with a class with Crowl (until I read something concrete saying he's not interested), Walton or Madsen, and some out of state pg.

I hope you are right about Crowl, Walton/Madsen. I'm not seeing a pathway where that happens I hope I'm wrong.

Does that say more about our recruiting or our player development?

I hope you are right about Crowl, Walton/Madsen. I'm not seeing a pathway where that happens I hope I'm wrong.

What would the pathway look like for you to think that we are getting him?

With that logic, you must think that Oturu doesn't have NBA aspirations.

Good thing guys like Kawhi Leonard, Steph Curry, Paul George, and Damian Lillard went to big time schools or they might not have made it to the league.

Garcia isn't coming here, follow whatever logic you want.

Garcia is as wide open as any recruit could be at this stage. Carlson wants to go to Stanford, but he’s concerned about how bad their team has been. He may wind up at Xavier if basketball is his top criteria.

Where did RJ say this? Why did Crowl take the visits if he was so unhappy about the wait that was communicated by staff?

As part of his commentary. Crowl wanted an offer but didn’t like having to wait. Recruiting is fluid and things can always change, but that’s the current state.

As part of his commentary. Crowl wanted an offer but didn’t like having to wait. Recruiting is fluid and things can always change, but that’s the current state.
If he won’t come here because we weren’t the first to offer, he never planned to come here. If he ants to play here, he has an offer, commit. I’m tired of these home state kids stringing us along. Commit or move on to someone who wants to play for the Gophers.

Garcia is as wide open as any recruit could be at this stage. Carlson wants to go to Stanford, but he’s concerned about how bad their team has been. He may wind up at Xavier if basketball is his top criteria.

Carlson has Stanford as a great option. Basketball wise he has much larger aspirations for schools with great academics and great basketball.

If he won’t come here because we weren’t the first to offer, he never planned to come here. If he ants to play here, he has an offer, commit. I’m tired of these home state kids stringing us along. Commit or move on to someone who wants to play for the Gophers.

... in other words, don't be a Quinn.

The Gophers.

The three NBA MVP finalists were from Greece, Fresno St. and ASU. If you know the family and have inside info then just say so because the theory you offering carries enough water to fill a thimble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you say "I hope I'm wrong ", I'm not sure you're being sincere, I hope I'm wrong. ?

When you say "I hope I'm wrong ", I'm not sure you're being sincere, I hope I'm wrong. ��

Yeah, I think having something to complain about is the most important thing for abrams.

2020 was/is? supposed to be a great recruiting opportunity for us. It’s still early, but it’s not looking great right now.

Top Bottom