All Things Class of 2020 Recruiting Thread

Built Badgers always sings the praises of u w. Never fails.

Well in case you haven't noticed, they've built a heck a program and done it in a way that can be modeled by other non blue bloods. They built on 3 and 4 star recruits whom they developed. Talked their bigs into taking redshirt years, which only allowed them to grow more and be stronger and more physical. I don't like the badgers at all, but I certainly respect the build and think it's something worth emulating

Well in case you haven't noticed, they've built a heck a program and done it in a way that can be modeled by other non blue bloods. They built on 3 and 4 star recruits whom they developed. Talked their bigs into taking redshirt years, which only allowed them to grow more and be stronger and more physical. I don't like the badgers at all, but I certainly respect the build and think it's something worth emulating

Never liked Bo as a person and he was left a full house but how he taught and what he taught was a marvel of efficiency. It is like i do not like the Patriots as my team but i admire the hell out of what THEY HAVE DONE. Plus, for all of his flaws, Ryan ran a clean program. If what he did there ever was done here there would already be a statue.

Never liked Bo as a person and he was left a full house but how he taught and what he taught was a marvel of efficiency. It is like i do not like the Patriots as my team but i admire the hell out of what THEY HAVE DONE. Plus, for all of his flaws, Ryan ran a clean program. If what he did there ever was done here there would already be a statue.

You know this is like the third time I read where you did not like Bo as a person. Is that because he had an extramarital affair or is it because of your renowned friendship with Dick or Jack Bennett? Maybe Ken Anderson!
Ryan was around the State for many many years without a hint of being hard to like. His former players love him and are Loyal to him. Greg Gard was with him for 18 years. He never ever threw his players under the bus. I think your dislike of Bo is personal and by broadcasting it serves no one.

Apologies for not personally liking Bo Ryan expected on the Gophers Hole ? Good grief.

You know this is like the third time I read where you did not like Bo as a person. Is that because he had an extramarital affair or is it because of your renowned friendship with Dick or Jack Bennett? Maybe Ken Anderson!
Ryan was around the State for many many years without a hint of being hard to like. His former players love him and are Loyal to him. Greg Gard was with him for 18 years. He never ever threw his players under the bus. I think your dislike of Bo is personal and by broadcasting it serves no one.
No one cares, take your circle jerk elsewhere

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

So as long as you praise Bo, it's Ok to say so. But if you have a negative opinion, then you can't say anything. Got it. Thanks Kim Jong Un.

Ken Anderson ! The dislike is actually directly between Bo and me. Not everyone gets along. If you think every ex player and ex assistant and all boosters like Bo then that is for you to believe.

All Things 2020 Recruiting......

Lol

So as long as you praise Bo, it's Ok to say so. But if you have a negative opinion, then you can't say anything. Got it. Thanks Kim Jong Un.

Hell no! I didn't bring up Ryan. Built did. Up to his sycophant ways. Please have him expound on his reasoning to bring it up. Why he dislikes him! He is long on opinion without giving a reason. Just like he does Pitino. He stirs the pot but never explains himself.

So would Suggs no,Carlson not likely, Garcia and Walton decent chance be accurate. Crowl
still an option Gophers considering

Muscadin looks like way more of a beast than Crowl.

Hell no! I didn't bring up Ryan. Built did. Up to his sycophant ways. Please have him expound on his reasoning to bring it up. Why he dislikes him! He is long on opinion without giving a reason. Just like he does Pitino. He stirs the pot but never explains himself.

We have a winner.......

Oh, I have noticed 1984. I have also noticed how some of their players are cheap shot artists, and have injured the opposition. Modeled?

Did not like his treatment of the transition, did not like him for how he treated certain boosters, did not like how he treated officials, did not like how he represented UW. Remember, i am not trying to convince anyone, i am sharing my opinion on a message board. Also think he was a damn good coach. As for Pitino, i like him as a person, what i do not like is the losing, the lack of a instilled brand and culture. Again, only my opinion. I have praised him on several things i think he has done very well. It is a message board, my opinion. I have defended him for working very hard on the 2020 class and have not sold out that he will land some of his top targets.

All good points above, but a 7'3" C just reclassed to 2020 that we have an offer out on, can we talk about recruiting? Built constantly having to defend himself on something totally unrelated to the thread is getting tiresome, I know my opinion means nothing to anyone but I can't be the only here who thinks that.

All good points above, but a 7'3" C just reclassed to 2020 that we have an offer out on, can we talk about recruiting? Built constantly having to defend himself on something totally unrelated to the thread is getting tiresome, I know my opinion means nothing to anyone but I can't be the only here who thinks that.

Agree. Own my part of participating in taking threads of track. Tell me more of the 7'3 center. Name and offers would be great.

I personally appreciate the comedy that Bigeddysprings brings to the board. It may not be intentional, but it doesn't make it any less entertaining.

Zach Edey- judging from the videos, which is a pretty limited look, he looks a little stiff to me. He's huge, but I wonder if reclassifying is a good move. Time will tell. Right now he is a 2star with a lot of size and the potential is in his development I guess.

Zach Edey- judging from the videos, which is a pretty limited look, he looks a little stiff to me. He's huge, but I wonder if reclassifying is a good move. Time will tell. Right now he is a 2star with a lot of size and the potential is in his development I guess.

Thank you.

Did you find any videos from the last few months? Curious if he looks any better/more coordinated now than he did in a video I saw from 11 months ago. His size makes him intriguing, but his lack of athleticism is concerning even for someone 7'3".

You counted Army ? You do know what the qualifications were to make the NCAA's were for those 8 years you counted. What of the 1 st 6 years at a power conference school ? Our guy has one of the lowest 10% of coaches given this long at a power conference school. Are you predicting that Pitino will have a better career than a coach i do not even like ? Or are you just saying he is better than K period ? What is this really about ? Pitino's own father knows who the best in the game are and he would not even name his own child. Where do you actually rank him among all power 6 coaches ?

Built, as others have stated and I have brought up repeatedly, you are never willing to compare apples to apples! Coach K would never have sniffed today’s NCAA with all of his bottom feeding conference records at Duke. He never had a winning conference record in his first eight years of coaching!

It is not Pitino’s fault that he was offered the Minnesota job and that he spent his early “Army” years at a P5 school! Pitino has achieved more in his first years of coaching than coach K did! Of course, he is not currently at the same level as coach K, we will need a couple more decades to know if he can get in that same group.

He has the potential to be a very good coach, just wish you would stop attacking him for not reaching standards that many of your great coaches weren’t able to achieve at this same point in their careers.

Sorry for taking the thread off top.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gophers need a great coach to do what UW did. Bo Ryan has the best winning % in conference history. It can only be done with a great coach. BGA, you can not prove that Pitino would have won anything with those players at Duke. To suggest what you did is to say that Pitino is equal to K. That may fly in a small circle amongt homers but is laughable.

If all basketball was played the way Wisky and Virginia do, I wouldn't be a basketball fan.

Did you find any videos from the last few months? Curious if he looks any better/more coordinated now than he did in a video I saw from 11 months ago. His size makes him intriguing, but his lack of athleticism is concerning even for someone 7'3".

This just got posted a few hours ago, it’s a workout video. He looks pretty coordinated for 7’3”. What’s better is he has a bit of an outside shot, decent form.
https://youtu.be/J_M_hg_uiOE

Last edited:

If all basketball was played the way Wisky and Virginia do, I wouldn't be a basketball fan.

You did not like watching a UVA team that is efficient on both ends of the floor ? You prefer bad defense because if you research how numbers are arrived at for pace then the picture changes. UVA was 351 in possessions per game. However, if they just guard you poorly for 2 fewer seconds they move up 97 spots. Now just throw it away 4 more times per game in the middle of the shot clock and they move up 84 more. Now just have poor shot selection on 20 % of your possessions and your ahead of teams like Michigan, Purdue and yes Minnesota, Ohio State and on and on. Your entitled to enjoy what you want but ask Richard or Rick Pitino if UVA plays beautiful basketball. 99% of coaches think that is as good as it gets. Again, to each his own. If everyone played like we often do far less people would watch than watch UVA. They sell huge at home, huge on the road, huge TV ratings.

We are in the heart of 2020 recruiting. Please keep this thread focused on 2020 recruiting, non-2020 recruiting posts will be deleted.

Top Bottom