Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gopherhoopsguy View Post
    Who lands more of these guys Hoiberg or Richard! We shouldn’t be as worried about Duke or Wisconsin going forward. Watch out for Nebraska I’m telling you.

We need 2 of these kids land all 5 and take us to the final 4. Need one to commit to start recruiting the others.
    hahahahah.

...wait, he's serious. oh boy.

Who lands more of these guys Hoiberg or Richard! We shouldn’t be as worried about Duke or Wisconsin going forward. Watch out for Nebraska I’m telling you.

We need 2 of these kids land all 5 and take us to the final 4. Need one to commit to start recruiting the others.
    Are you serious?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would be surprised if Hoiberg beat out the Gophers for a single kid on that list.

Hoiberg lets his assistants do most of the recruiting, he hired no assistants with connections to MN. He was at Iowa State for what 5 years? and didnt land a single kid from MN except Royce who was kicked off the team. This narrative that Hoiberg is gonna come in and steal the recruits is laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by builtbadgers View Post
    I would be surprised if Hoiberg beat out the Gophers for a single kid on that list.
    Hoiberg and Ben Carlson’s dad played together at ISU.

Quote Originally Posted by whalenfan View Post
    Hoiberg lets his assistants do most of the recruiting, he hired no assistants with connections to MN. He was at Iowa State for what 5 years? and didnt land a single kid from MN except Royce who was kicked off the team. This narrative that Hoiberg is gonna come in and steal the recruits is laughable.
    From what I recall, Hoiberg/his staff went after Rashad Vaughn, Jarvis Johnson, and Amir Coffey pretty hard and ended up with none of them. Granted there is that Doogie rumor that Coffey would 100% have gone to Iowa State if Hoiberg had stayed.

Default All Things Class of 2020 Recruiting Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cayman View Post
    From what I recall, Hoiberg/his staff went after Rashad Vaughn, Jarvis Johnson, and Amir Coffey pretty hard and ended up with none of them. Granted there is that Doogie rumor that Coffey would 100% have gone to Iowa State if Hoiberg had stayed.
    Like I said before, Hoiberg was a bit NBA player and a losing NBA coach. He has very little influence with any high school players. His past brief success at ISU was built upon plugging in transfer players. He does not have any “star power” and he coaches at a bottom feeder school.

Quote Originally Posted by alchemy2u View Post
    Like I said before, Hoiberg was a bit NBA player and a losing NBA coach. He has very little influence with any high school players. His past brief success at ISU was built upon plugging in transfer players. He does not have any “star power” and he coaches at a bottom feeder school.

Agreed. He will hit Iowa and the transfer market.

Quote Originally Posted by Cayman View Post
    The Iowa State meltdown on this board was priceless when Vaughn went to UNLV

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by builtbadgers View Post
    Agreed. He will hit Iowa and the transfer market.
    Correct, he hit gold in that market and I give a ton of that credit to Matt Abdelmassih. He is the main recruiter and is good at identifying positive transfer commits. The problem now is that the transfer market has a lot more people at the table looking for scraps too. It's playing with fire. Also Fred isn't interested in being there long term. His family/his wife likes larger metropolitan areas.

Fred loves the FA and now there are even more for him to choose from! Iowa st was garbage before he got there. Fres is one of the best and his system fits. anyone writing fred and Nebraska off hasn’t followed freds success very closely.

Good ole fres.

Fred loves the FA and now there are even more for him to choose from! Iowa st was garbage before he got there. Fres is one of the best and his system fits. anyone writing fred and Nebraska off hasn’t followed freds success very closely.
    Would Fred be at Nebraska if he was the best? Surely UCLA would have given him a ring.

Quote Originally Posted by GopherNuts View Post
    Would Fred be at Nebraska if he was the best? Surely UCLA would have given him a ring.
    I'm sure UCLA did send out feelers, but Hoibergs family prefers Midwest and he got to a better contract at Nebraska when you look at cost of living.

Quote Originally Posted by manderson1984 View Post
    I'm sure UCLA did send out feelers, but Hoibergs family prefers Midwest and he got to a better contract at Nebraska when you look at cost of living.
    I think if UCLA really wanted him, he’s in Westwood right now. All indications are he didn’t even get an interview. Hoiberg is clearly someone who wants to coach at the highest level of the game judging by his career moves. I just can’t see him deciding on a low ceiling job like Nebraska over other options especially a place like UCLA that sells itself.