All Things Class of 2020 Recruiting Thread

Rob Jeter connection but this one goes Blue Blood unless he stays home.

Rob Jeter connection but this one goes Blue Blood unless he stays home.

Similar to Hurt, would be very surprised if it isn't a blue blood. Only difference is Michael I suppose. And Becky seems like the anti-one & done's. If the Grinch was still there, he'd want to redshirt Jalen.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

per Sid:

Class of 2020 coming

Minnesota’s Class of 2020 has five players ranked in the top 200 in the country, according to 247 Sports.

Pitino has to find a way to sign some of these players, such as Minnehaha Academy guard Jalen Suggs (No. 10), Prior Lake forward Dawson Garcia (No. 30), Park Center center Dain Dainja (No. 50), East Ridge forward Ben Carlson (No. 70) and Hopkins guard Kerwin Walton (No. 157).

Pitino and his coaching staff have offers out to all those players, and there’s no doubt that reaching the NCAA tournament, with the excitement and prestige that comes with it, would be a big help in the recruiting process.

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-making-ncaa-tournament-would-be-great-recruiting-boost/506130102/

Go Gophers!!

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Fun fact I played against Davis in 4th grade, him and his twin brother played up a grade already. I shut him down.

Not necessarily. It would depend on who the “two” are.

4/5 are top 100 players with Walton at 157 (per 247). I'm hard pressed to see how getting 2 of them would not be regarded as good (obviously we'd all love it if you added more given the caliber of players they are)

Have the Gophers offered J’Vonne Hadley?

4/5 are top 100 players with Walton at 157 (per 247). I'm hard pressed to see how getting 2 of them would not be regarded as good (obviously we'd all love it if you added more given the caliber of players they are)

Walton and Carlson are nice but don’t really move the needle. If you want to keep winning 35% of B1G games you should be excited, but otherwise at least one of the top 3 should be a minimum requirement.

Walton and Carlson are nice but don’t really move the needle. If you want to keep winning 35% of B1G games you should be excited, but otherwise at least one of the top 3 should be a minimum requirement.

I mean if that’s all the players he signs, yeah that’s an issue if he still has an array of open scholarships. If he fills with additional good players, I don’t care if they’re from here or not if they can play

I mean if that’s all the players he signs, yeah that’s an issue if he still has an array of open scholarships. If he fills with additional good players, I don’t care if they’re from here or not if they can play

Right. I really don't care if they're "the top 3" from Minnesota or some other state with talented players.

Agree that we should aim for one of the top 3. That being said, landing Walton, Carlson and another high 3 star/4 star player absolutely moves the needle in the right direction.

I strongly disagree with the notion that we shouldn't be thrilled about landing a Carlson and Walton. They are both big time P5 recruits and are exactly the caliber of player that the Michigans and Purdues of tbe world have built their programs on.

Agree that we should aim for one of the top 3. That being said, landing Walton, Carlson and another high 3 star/4 star player absolutely moves the needle in the right direction.

I strongly disagree with the notion that we shouldn't be thrilled about landing a Carlson and Walton. They are both big time P5 recruits and are exactly the caliber of player that the Michigans and Purdues of tbe world have built their programs on.

We need shooters. Walton can shoot.

Both nice recruits but Carlson is really a long shot now. Purdue and Michigan best assets are their coaches.

Go Gophers!!

If Pitino/Fleck offer to brother Jordan as well, the Gophs might get both twins. Outstanding athletes.

If Pitino/Fleck offer to brother Jordan as well, the Gophs might get both twins. Outstanding athletes.

If past is prologue we'll get the less talented brother and the more talented one will go elsewhere.

per Marcus:

The Gophers gave the next class, those talented 2020 players, another reason to consider staying home by reaching the NCAA tournament for the second time in three years and winning a tournament game for the first time in six years last month.

Pitino and Gophers assistant coach Ed Conroy made an in-home visit last week with the Suggs family at the start of the spring recruiting period for coaches to make in-person and off-campus contact with recruiting targets. The 6-5 Suggs is a high-profile recruit as a guard in basketball and quarterback in football, and he was part of USA Basketball's Next Generation event in coordination with the Final Four.

The Gophers are setting up home visits with other 2020 in-state targets such as Prior Lake forward Garcia, East Ridge forward Ben Carlson, Park Center center Dain Dainja and Hopkins guard Kerwin Walton.

Suggs was offered by Kansas. The 6-11 Garcia could be the next player to get an offer from a top-10 program.

That will make for another tough recruiting battle for Pitino and the Gophers, but they have another year to get past losing Matthew Hurt.

"You can't sugarcoat it and act like they're not missing on some of those guys," Bossi said. "It's one thing if players leave for blue bloods. If they leave for non-blue bloods, that's when it's concerning."

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-...-talent-in-minnesota-class-of-2020/508785342/

Go Gophers!!

per Marcus:

Who are the best boys' basketball recruits in Minnesota's Class of 2020?

Here are five of the top Minnesota boys’ basketball players in the Class of 2020. The Gophers have made scholarship offers to all five. All are uncommitted.

1. Jalen Suggs Minnehaha Academy G 6-5, 185
2. Dawson Garcia Prior Lake PF 6-11, 220
3. Dain Dainja Park Center C 6-8, 240
4. Ben Carlson East Ridge PF 6-9, 205
5. Kerwin Walton Hopkins G 6-4, 170

http://www.startribune.com/who-are-...ruits-in-minnesota-s-class-of-2020/508785282/

Go Gophers!!

Who lands more of these guys Hoiberg or Richard! We shouldn’t be as worried about Duke or Wisconsin going forward. Watch out for Nebraska I’m telling you.

We need 2 of these kids land all 5 and take us to the final 4. Need one to commit to start recruiting the others.

Who lands more of these guys Hoiberg or Richard! We shouldn’t be as worried about Duke or Wisconsin going forward. Watch out for Nebraska I’m telling you.

We need 2 of these kids land all 5 and take us to the final 4. Need one to commit to start recruiting the others.
I'm not gonna worry about Hoiberg until he actually lands a Minnesota kid. The only one he has ever got is a kid who got kicked out of Minnesota.

Top Bottom