All Things Class of 2020 Recruiting Thread

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Dawson is waiting until spring and waiting for a Duke offer. . . . just a saying
They already signed Jalen Johnson and Jeremy Roach. They seem to be sitting pretty with big man Walker Kessler and guard DJ Steward as well. They're also favs for Henry Coleman. Guessing they don't offer Dawson unless they strike out on Coleman or Kessler

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

They already signed Jalen Johnson and Jeremy Roach. They seem to be sitting pretty with big man Walker Kessler and guard DJ Steward as well. They're also favs for Henry Coleman. Guessing they don't offer Dawson unless they strike out on Coleman or Kessler

Everything you said is what is written and being said. That is as close to the truth as we as fans can get.Few tidbits to add, Coleman visited UVA on many occasions but his timing and waiting saw that spot taken by Rahim. Huge get. With THAT move Michigan, who really liked where they were at with Rahim has made a big push for Coleman and Kessler. If Howard pulls either of those from Duke that is a huge play. Strangely, Coleman grew up a VTECH fan and is a legacy so they are in it. Kids are really loving Howard, he has a big sell.

Must be nice to tell 5 star kids to wait on their commitment to see if they have a roster spot open in the spring.

Jeremy Roach is a PG and Jalen Johnson is a wing player, Walker Kessler is a center . . . . if he commits to Duke that would help. Henry Coleman is more a power forward/wing player. It will interesting to see what things play out.

Dawson is waiting until spring and waiting for a Duke offer. . . . just a saying

At this point, I would take being #2 to Duke and hope they don't offer. I'd even hold a spot until Spring if you felt good that if a duke offer doesn't come, he'll sign

All hope is lost...we will sign 3 Maverick Ahanmisi in the Spring and lose to Winona St in the exhibition game.

Haven't seen much on this guy recently. Gophers apparently offered him back in 2017. Off the board to Hofstra.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This will probably make it hard for stanford to take a Carlson commitment, Stanford was always a long shot due to their scholarship situation, I know he had strong interest there but they strung him along. Would put Xavier as the favorites, but won't be surprised if he goes elsewhere

Last edited:

This will probably make it hard for stanford to take a Carlson commitment, Stanford was always a long shot due to their scholarship situation, I know he had strong interest there but they strung him along. Would put Xavier as the favorites, but won't be surprised if he goes elsewhere

I think UW, Iowa State or a last minute offer that he would love is the call. He has really come on, can play a lot of ways, will continue to get better and is a fantastic student. Wants to take hard classes.

I think UW, Iowa State or a last minute offer that he would love is the call. He has really come on, can play a lot of ways, will continue to get better and is a fantastic student. Wants to take hard classes.

So why is the U not an option? Has Pitino backed away or does he just not like the program?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So why is the U not an option? Has Pitino backed away or does he just not like the program?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The U is still an option, just a real long shot. As fans we must remember that unless your a blue blood school you will lose a lot more recruits than you get. Nearly every kid picks ehe coach, the program, the school, the location that offers them the best opportunity. Carlson has some really diverse offers, the U is one of them. As far as i know, Stanford is not out of it, ISU has a wonderfully kind and bright coach and Ben is a legacy. Xavier is equipped with a strong tradition and a young vibrant coaching staff that obviously recruits really well. He loves UW and knows that they win, loves the guys on the team. Then the wild card is a school that has not offered yet. That does not eliminate the U but makes it a very unlikely in my opinion. Been wrong before. Have actually had families tell me the decision has been made and two days later changed their mind. They were a lock for UW and went to Maryland.

This appears to be a big week for Pitino. It's like Saturday's round in a golf major- moving day. They met with Mashburn and Berry and have an in home with Garcia. I hope they close on one or more in the next two weeks.

https://twitter.com/evan_flood/status/1171418154427453442?s=21

First I recall hearing of sibley in regards to gophers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He’s at least been on the radar for awhile now, I know he’s been on campus here before. Somehow I didn’t realize he was from Wisconsin, looks like he used to play with 5 star Duke commit Jalen Johnson. Another high major quality player from Wisconsin with no offer from the Badgers.

So..what does the current recruiting depth chart look like?

Point- Suggs (dream)

Combos- Berry, Mashburn

2/3 - Walton, Gordon

3/4- Garcia, Carlson, Sibley

5- Muscadin

Who else is in play?

As others have suggested, this next month is huge for Pitino. They’ve done great work setting up visits with a number of these kids and now they need to close the deal and get one of these guys on board to really get things rolling. Hopefully they get some good news soon. Would love to see it be Mashburn Jr. next month. He looks a dynamic scorer you could really build the team around.

Last edited:

The U is still an option, just a real long shot. As fans we must remember that unless your a blue blood school you will lose a lot more recruits than you get. Nearly every kid picks ehe coach, the program, the school, the location that offers them the best opportunity. Carlson has some really diverse offers, the U is one of them. As far as i know, Stanford is not out of it, ISU has a wonderfully kind and bright coach and Ben is a legacy. Xavier is equipped with a strong tradition and a young vibrant coaching staff that obviously recruits really well. He loves UW and knows that they win, loves the guys on the team. Then the wild card is a school that has not offered yet. That does not eliminate the U but makes it a very unlikely in my opinion. Been wrong before. Have actually had families tell me the decision has been made and two days later changed their mind. They were a lock for UW and went to Maryland.
Are you referring to Diamond Stone at the end

Top Bottom