Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sparlimb View Post
    Pryz actually had a decent NBA career as did Humperdink. Rickert on the other hand...
    I know this is getting off topic but I've just always been curious and am too young to remember, was Pryz a nationally in demand recruit, i.e. did we beat out any blue bloods to get him?

Quote Originally Posted by tyecko View Post
    I know this is getting off topic but I've just always been curious and am too young to remember, was Pryz a nationally in demand recruit, i.e. did we beat out any blue bloods to get him?
    Biggest one I recall was Indiana. I know they had an in-home visit. He was definitely a big time recruit, but the world is a lot different now than it was in the late 90's. Kansas may have been involved too. I know they were on Sam Jacobson a couple of years earlier.

Joel entered college 20 years ago. Humphries played for the gophers 15 years ago. A college program will take one and done's, but some of the best college players are those ranked outside the top 30 or so, they tend to stay at least 2 or 3 years and really mature.

Quote Originally Posted by march madness View Post
    Joel entered college 20 years ago. Humphries played for the gophers 15 years ago. A college program will take one and done's, but some of the best college players are those ranked outside the top 30 or so, they tend to stay at least 2 or 3 years and really mature.
    So true. I actually run a study of the rankings at the end of that class graduation to see how the players did at the end of college. It blows people away when they see 90% of the top 25 out performed by the next 150. One of my favorite things about college is the fferent ways to build programs and teams. Like Duke this year, all those highly ranked players and at the end of it for Zion, Reddish and Barrett the team accomplishments for their career will be a ACC tourney title, that's it ! Individually two of the 3 leaving had fabulous years. The point guard for the national champs was a freshman ranked 300 !

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tyecko View Post
    He played in the McDonalds All American deal. He was a big time recruit. As was Humphries. Rickert, Jacobson and White.

Quote Originally Posted by XMan View Post
    He played in the McDonalds All American deal. He was a big time recruit. As was Humphries. Rickert, Jacobson and White.
    I think it was down to us and Kansas.

He got screwed that the ganglegate news came out his freshman year. He probably should have just come out after his freshman year.

Default and now back to the 2020 recruiting class.....

don't sleep on Steve Crawl of Eastview. He's playing for D1 Minnesota this spring, and has amassed a handful of major offers already. 6-10, great footwork and shoots it with range. Michigan is now checking. Hope we are at least in touch with him.

Quote Originally Posted by leftyslefty View Post
    don't sleep on Steve Crawl of Eastview. He's playing for D1 Minnesota this spring, and has amassed a handful of major offers already. 6-10, great footwork and shoots it with range. Michigan is now checking. Hope we are at least in touch with him.
    Let's hope he doesn't walk... or run away from home then.

Top 5 recruit Jalen Johnson from Wisconsin released a top 4 that does not include the Gophers, not too much surprise there. Top 4 is Arizona, Duke, Kentucky, and Wisconsin. Curious if Wisconsin is just a token shoutout to the home team or if there’s genuine interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Cayman View Post
    Top 5 recruit Jalen Johnson from Wisconsin released a top 4 that does not include the Gophers, not too much surprise there. Top 4 is Arizona, Duke, Kentucky, and Wisconsin. Curious if Wisconsin is just a token shoutout to the home team or if there’s genuine interest.
    All steam, including from Evan Flood, is for Duke

Quote Originally Posted by upnorthkid View Post
    All steam, including from Evan Flood, is for Duke
    The kid also said in a interview within the last couple weeks that Kentucky was his dream school. Yeah Wisconsin has no chance.

Quote Originally Posted by leftyslefty View Post
    I don't know why Pitino hasn't offered him yet. This isn't a case where the guy isn't a high major big. He's a very skilled player. So you go all in on Garcia and then if he doesn't say, you miss on Dainja and Crowl? Should be going hard after all of these guys saying whoever commits first gets the big man spot (I think they should add two if multiple want to stay home). Any combo of those four local bigs would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by HeHateMe View Post
    I don't know why Pitino hasn't offered him yet. This isn't a case where the guy isn't a high major big. He's a very skilled player. So you go all in on Garcia and then if he doesn't say, you miss on Dainja and Crowl? Should be going hard after all of these guys saying whoever commits first gets the big man spot (I think they should add two if multiple want to stay home). Any combo of those four local bigs would be great.
    What if Crawl accepts immediately? That's the tricky part about offers. If you make them early, especially to local kids, you better be sure that they are a high priority or you take the chance that they are going to cost you someone better.

Blog Entries

Steve who? Steve Crowl?
    Welcome to Badger Road Kill Country!

Quote Originally Posted by HeHateMe View Post
    You wouldn’t say whoever gets the spot with those three - Crowl a nice player, but not similar to the other two right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk