Page 95 of 121 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 1814
    Blog Entries

Brakefield to Duke. Garcia won't get that offer from Duke that he desired. Gophers are looking better with him everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by GopherPete View Post
    Who would you rather have, Berry or Mashburn?
    Mashburn

Quote Originally Posted by WriterGoph View Post
    That is what I was speculating earlier in this thread...basically that it seems like maybe Berry's offer isn't commitable until after Mashburn visits or at least Pitino told him he had to hold off until a certain date.
    That'd be great if recruits we liked were willing to wait. I find it hard to believe, but I'll take it

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyJamesMD View Post
    That'd be great if recruits we liked were willing to wait. I find it hard to believe, but I'll take it
    I have no clue obviously but the timing of Berry stopping his visits and then nothing for a few weeks is odd for sure. Regardless, I have a strong feeling we will have Mashburn by next week!

Quote Originally Posted by Parcival View Post
    Mashburn
    Why? I will be honest and admit I haven't seen either play and will not trust a highlight video. Would love to Hearn on why one is better than the other.

Quote Originally Posted by manderson1984 View Post
    Why? I will be honest and admit I haven't seen either play and will not trust a highlight video. Would love to Hearn on why one is better than the other.
    I believe Built says he has watched him and he is a better defender and has a will to get low to the floor like many players don't. He also shot 40% from 3 this year in EYBL. And also NBA star bloodlines usually are not a negative.

I believe Built says he has watched him and he is a better defender and has a will to get low to the floor like many players don't. He also shot 40% from 3 this year in EYBL. And also NBA star bloodlines usually are not a negative.
    I remember Built complimenting his defensive stance. 40% from 3 is always a plus too. Just curious to see where it says Berry is worse at those things. NBA bloodlines normally scare me off. Kids didn't grow up same way as father and that doesn't always equate to similar success. This seems to be a case where the son is a great worker and independent and looking to create his own path. That is a plus in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by manderson1984 View Post
    Would be happy with either, but Mashburn is ranked about 50 spots higher, so odds are that he will probably be better.

This

I'll take 4 years of Mashburn over Suggs any day. This 2020 class is gonna change the program gents - after Mashburn commits Garcia and Walton will follow.

I'll take 4 years of Mashburn over Suggs any day. This 2020 class is gonna change the program gents - after Mashburn commits Garcia and Walton will follow.
    This

Fingers crossed

������

per Marcus:

Pitino and Mashburn revisited: Jamal Mashburn Jr. officially visits Gophers this weekend

Mashburn, a 6-foot-2 senior from Brewster Academy (N.H.), is a consensus top-100 prospect and ranked highest at 84th in the Class of 2020 and the 10th best combo guard by 247Sports.com. After his official visit with Cal last weekend, Mashburn said his final two school are the Gophers and Golden Bears.

“It’s just down to Cal and Minnesota,” he told the Star Tribune earlier this week. “Those are pretty much my main two I’ll be focusing on. After this Minnesota visit, I’ll sit down with my dad and have a long discussion about the pros and cons. The good and the bad to each program. Both are great programs with Pac-12 competition and Big Ten competition. I just have to make the right decision for myself and really think about it.”

http://www.startribune.com/pitino-an...end/562196992/

Go Gophers!!

per Marcus:

Last weekend, the Gophers had four-star 6-10 Chicago Bloom forward Martice Mitchell and five-star 6-11 Prior Lake forward Dawson Garcia on official visits. Garcia told Prep Hoops national analyst Ryan James that he would decide this fall after taking three more officials, including Memphis this weekend.

Garcia did enjoy his visit with the home state program.

"I have always been cool with this coaching staff,” Garcia told James. “But going to Coach Pitino's house and being around his family, I just felt super comfortable. Being around that family environment, I just felt at home really."

http://www.startribune.com/pitino-an...end/562196992/

Go Gophers!!