Page 75 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1814

We are in recruiting trouble.
    Yes, I did win the Gopherhole 2016 Bracket Challenge - Yes, it was a total fluke.

Quote Originally Posted by GopherinPhilly View Post
    We are in recruiting trouble.
    Curious why you say this as your usually a very positive poster.

Quote Originally Posted by Gophs24 View Post
    He would be a solid first get for this class! and hopefully get it rolling! did it mention any sort of timeframe? I would guess fairly soon?
    Didn't mention any timeframe, but I would guess fairly soon as well.

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gophs24 View Post
    He would be a solid first get for this class! and hopefully get it rolling! did it mention any sort of timeframe? I would guess fairly soon?
    The toughest one to get is the first. After that the pressure mounts to grab spots. Right now all the pressure is on the coaches and the recruits are free and easy until the openings shrink.

Blog Entries

How are we on instate recruits? Usually, they’re best placed to know if there’s a program problem. For example (and just an example), if the circuit around the state’s best players don’t think RP can coach, they go elsewhere. It’s a canary in a coal mine thing.

Quote Originally Posted by abrams View Post
    Well at least Lindsay Whalen can recruit.
    Can she? Call me completely unimpressed up to this point considering her pedigree as a player and local icon. That's not to say that I'm impressed with Pitino's recruiting acumen either. I thought this new Athletic Village was going to make all the difference in the world when it comes to recruiting but apparently illegal cash payments, hookers and giving parents "jobs" still rule the roost in college basketball.

Carlson is a nice player but I couldn't care less about not landing him at this point. I'll wait to see how the rest of recruiting plays out before making a final judgement on that. As for Crowl, I would rather have him eat up a scholarship of the turds to our East for the next four (4) years than one of ours.
    Last edited by Slim Tubby; 09-19-2019 at 09:31 AM.
    "Is this Moron #1? Put Moron #2 on the phone."

Quote Originally Posted by Torres9 View Post
    How are we on instate recruits? Usually, they’re best placed to know if there’s a program problem. For example (and just an example), if the circuit around the state’s best players don’t think RP can coach, they go elsewhere. It’s a canary in a coal mine thing.
    Pitino has a fine relationship with HS coaches. His staff is decent and repaired a lot of the damage Tubby did. I do have and have mentioned numerous times that the relationship with D1 is not healthy and I don't think the program helps the U.

Quote Originally Posted by manderson1984 View Post
    Pitino has a fine relationship with HS coaches. His staff is decent and repaired a lot of the damage Tubby did. I do have and have mentioned numerous times that the relationship with D1 is not healthy and I don't think the program helps the U.
    This is a big concern for me. Since I’ve followed the program (06-07), I’ve seen plenty of references to general local influences (aau/high schools/basketball dads/basketball moms) having poor opinions of or relationships with the U. Folks seem to become resentful of so much in this town, and I think the culture itself could be partly to blame for the lack of interest in the U from local athletes.

Any idea how much are kids are being influenced by petty behavior from the adults in the room? Obviously the ultimate choice comes down to beat coaches/fit, but I get the sense that a lot of people in the area are actively working against the gophers. Reasons in the past seem to be the from the Saunders camp, the anti Teague camp, the my son didn’t get enough attention camp, the lakeville camp, and whatever the heck is up at D1.

Is this real or am I reading into too many things?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just think it's Pitino's approach. I was at the Prior Lake game against Eastview last winter where Pitino came and watched. He hardly talked to Dawson's dad, he sat behind the PL bench. I'm sure they chatted after the game but Pitino's kids were there running around and the local dads were chatting him (Pitino) up. Pitino seems to have a laid back approach unlike some guys. I guess last Wednesday they were spotted at Savage Bonfire, the whole Garcia family and Pitino. We will see what happens with Garcia but he seems like a wanting more type kid.

I just think it's Pitino's approach. I was at the Prior Lake game against Eastview last winter where Pitino came and watched. He hardly talked to Dawson's dad, he sat behind the PL bench. I'm sure they chatted after the game but Pitino's kids were there running around and the local dads were chatting him (Pitino) up. Pitino seems to have a laid back approach unlike some guys. I guess last Wednesday they were spotted at Savage Bonfire, the whole Garcia family and Pitino. We will see what happens with Garcia but he seems like a wanting more type kid.
    Have you seen other coaches at games who talk more with the player's parents? Or who are you comparing Pitino to in this scenario? Maybe Dawson's dad wanted to watch his son play instead of focusing on small talk? Seems like you're grasping at straws here.

Going up against Kansas for Walton muscadin and Garcia?

Quote Originally Posted by bc2211 View Post
    Going up against Kansas for Walton muscadin and Garcia?

Would seem so, hopefully they are looking for playing time right away!

And Kansas has zero players committed so far. Do you like our chances? I don't.

And Kansas has zero players committed so far. Do you like our chances? I don't.
    Not for all three but I like the chances for at least one.